Panhandle Old Guys

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by ElusivePedro, Jun 9, 2011.

1. ElusivePedro

ElusivePedro Layin' Low

Oddometer:
    HD - I am not certain but it is a 95 or 6. I believe it is one of the early estart units (but hell, who can figure out KTMs anyway?) His has a radiator fan! (I guess that's a "special option" - LOL ;-)

That's a trip that you and the maestro live so close to each other! Small world - 'eh!?
  2. Live_riderHD

Live_riderHD Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Gotcha. They are tough to figure out...lol. I think estart started in 1996. Mine doesn't have it...wish it did sometimes. And yes...crazy how we live so close. I have been down his street many, many times...walking dogs with my wife, riding my bicycle...and riding the KTM...lol. You can't be far either I imagine. Fort Walton Beach is a small area...lol.
  3. ineptizoid

ineptizoid I'm scared hold me

Oddometer:
    Hey POGs I'm gonna do some BW exploring sometime tmw AM. Pace will be leisurely, and all are welcome as per usual. Planning on stopping by Hutton on the way up to Boat Ramp Rd, and parts north. Prolly will stop at Uncle Bill's for lunch around 1:30. Hope to make it to Hutton by 10AM or so...
  4. mrprez

mrprez KJ4WMZ

Oddometer:
    Wish I could, got 2 more weeks in this cast....:cry
  5. sperz1

sperz1 Lame Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:

Man I wish I could hit some of these rides up with ya. This job thing is a real downer. On the upside I just sent out my app to grad school :deal
  6. ElusivePedro

ElusivePedro Layin' Low

Oddometer:
    I'd like ta go myself but I am just feeling a bit too lazy this morn to go thru all the motions and truck up to hutton. :-/ Plus I have to get vittles at WD, do laundry, move stuff into the man shed from the house, yadda yadda... I'm gonna try to stop by FWB Motorsports over on Racetrack road (I've never been in there before) and see if they have handlebars - lord knows Carlos and his twin over at Brute force wouldn't have any...

Sperz - good news man. 'Cept, of course, for the working too much thing. Whatcha working at these days?

Well I can't help thinking about our local gazoonies all out at the Big Dawg this morning. I wonder if they ever gathered up enough street legal bikes to get their own class...

My money's on Bret! Go Barney GO!!! :deal :clap
  7. ineptizoid

ineptizoid I'm scared hold me

Oddometer:
    Well I just wasn't up to getting up at the peep o' day this AM to catch the start of the Big Dawg. I bet they did have enough DS bikes to have their own ADV class. Hope those guys have a fun, safe ride!

As for me, well I'll be heading out in a bit to ride the Lap Dawg. Yorkie Division.:D
  8. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    Dawg is tomorow morning!

Yall still got time to join up....:evil
  9. SingleTrackJeff

SingleTrackJeff Lurker and Hangaround Supporter

Oddometer:
    Tony If you are interested i am going to the Dawg to take pics.
    I will be taking the DR but I may trailer part way if you want to tag along
  10. ElusivePedro

ElusivePedro Layin' Low

Oddometer:
    Shows ya that this POGs place is truely the place for a guy like me w/out the ability to remember anything correctly...

Just called 3 "powersports" outfits here in FWB. Nope -- not even they have any handlebars I can put my hands on -- EVERYTHING now a days is ordered. Sigh - Think I'll head over to Carlos and buy a new set of gloves. I KNOW they have those, and the dude can probably use any little sale he can get...

Just ordered more schwag:
    <TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" summary="Displays the items in your shopping cart."><TBODY><TR><TD class=left>Fly Racing Aluma-Steel Handlebars Honda CR High Bend Red Part # 1154750001 </TD><TD>22.99</TD><TD>1 </TD><TD>In Stock </TD><TD class=right>$22.99</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=7>
    </TD></TR><TR><TD class=left>Primary Drive Front Sprocket 13 Tooth - 2009 Kawasaki KLX250S Part # 1021470075 </TD><TD>8.99</TD><TD>1 </TD><TD>In Stock </TD><TD class=right>$8.99</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=7>
    </TD></TR><TR><TD class=left>Spider Grips SLR Open End Grips Red/Black Part # 1288740003 </TD><TD>16.99</TD><TD>1 </TD><TD>In Stock </TD><TD class=right>$16.99</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=7>
    </TD></TR><TR><TD class=left>K & N Oil Filter - 2009 Kawasaki KLX250S Part # 1093760003 </TD><TD>4.99</TD><TD>1 </TD><TD>In Stock </TD><TD class=right>$4.99</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=7>
    </TD></TR><TR><TD class=left>80/100x21 Pirelli Scorpion XCMS Soft To Mid Terrain - 2009 Kawasaki KLX250S Part # 1335970001 </TD><TD>67.99</TD><TD>1 </TD><TD>In Stock </TD><TD class=right>$67.99</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=7>
    </TD></TR><TR><TD class=left>Bridgestone Heavy Duty Motorcycle Tube 80/100x21 - 2009 Kawasaki KLX250S Part # 1002890005 </TD><TD>18.99</TD><TD>1 </TD><TD>In Stock </TD><TD class=right></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
  11. ElusivePedro

ElusivePedro Layin' Low

Oddometer:
    Just got back from stimulating Carlo's local economy. 1 can of Plexis and a pair of new gloves. $50 and change! SHeesh! :eek1
  12. Barney

Barney I reckon so

Oddometer:
    Long odds on that one, my goals are:

1)Have fun.
    2)Don't do anything stupid.

However, we do thank you for your support.

[​IMG]
  13. ElusivePedro

ElusivePedro Layin' Low

Oddometer:

LOL!!! :lol3:lol3:lol3

DR350 for sho -- right???
  14. Barney

Barney I reckon so

Oddometer:
    Fo sho, KLR's staying home.
  15. ElusivePedro

ElusivePedro Layin' Low

Oddometer:
    How's that mutha humpa runnin manaingo? I bet that with a good front end, it's a COMPLETELY different ride....

can I buy it back if it is? :lol3

BTW - we (I) want some pix of it mr. ironman. Whip out that camera zigs.

I woulda LOVED whippin that bastage hard, but the front end was too effed up. Its guts had all the right character...
  16. Barney

Barney I reckon so

Oddometer:
    The old bike is running good, suspension could stand a revalve.

Load up the TA, would be a good Sunday ride.
  17. ElusivePedro

ElusivePedro Layin' Low

Oddometer:
    Ahhh - the smell and warmth from natural gas-fired heaters! They're ALIVE! Good coffee too. Happy Thursday pogs. 1 to go!

Thinkin bout hittin up the Pcola fair...
  18. ElusivePedro

ElusivePedro Layin' Low

Oddometer:
    Another full day on the stump with EMS end user training for the 1 SOG... My dogs (and throat) are gonna be sore after today. Why don't these folks put a bar stool or something by the podium for us old guy instructors? ;)
  19. ElusivePedro

ElusivePedro Layin' Low

Oddometer:
    The UPS man should be delivering my KLiXXer schwag today! :clap
  20. ElusivePedro

ElusivePedro Layin' Low

Oddometer:
    Bars, grips, and barkbusters on. Not as simple as I thought it would be...

Need an assist with the new scorpion front tire and tube (never changed one myself - got no spoons) and an impact wrench for the new front sprocket.

Love the new bars and acerbis guards! It's a toss up as to which to take to TT3. KLX or TA. Both'll be tight in a short bed that needs the tailgate up to tow the camper... Leaning toward the KLX though the beast route is sending good vibes...