You Meet the Nicest People on a GS!

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by TheRoss, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Snarky

Snarky Vodka Infused.

Oddometer:
    Mondays get the best of us all. I would probably blur that number, but I would leave the Austin dealership plate frame showing.

I don't know if this is a basement worthy thread, it's GS specific, but it might be better in Tejas regional or the dark arts section.
  2. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Not about the bike, but the rider.. off to the Perfect <s>dumping ground</s> Line and riding forum..
  3. Cykel

Cykel I'm Adventurer?

Oddometer:
    He was possibly from Austin, eh?

Noted :lol3
  4. TUCKERS

TUCKERS the famous james

Oddometer:
    Villa Maria Sanitarium, Claremont, CA. USA
    There was plenty of room on the burned out grass next to him or on the patio...big to do over nothing.

We know nothing about the guy.

Perhaps he trailers because he is physically unable to ride far?

Perhaps he's a recluse/loner?

At least we know he OWNS a bike, that's a step in the right direction.

Judge not unless you be judged.

I'd never park in front of someones trailer, how's he supposed to get it out?

You suppose that's his Honda Element with the tow ball and plate showing? Looks a little too crowded in that corner to me.
  5. def

def Ginger th wonder dog

Oddometer:
    One vehicle, one parking space...get over it. When at the motel, I park my GS in the room.
  6. ChadHahn

ChadHahn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I went for a Sunday ride a while ago and noticed a Harley taking up a parking space all by himself. What a jerk I thought as I drove past. Luckily I found another empty spacer and backed my bike in taking only a bit of the spot for my self. When I came back there were four other bikes sharing the space with my GS.

I hope that helps to make things better for you. :)

Chad
  7. DarthJ

DarthJ Been here awhile

Oddometer:

I plan to hit Ruidoso, NM from Hell Paso TX in Aug and if I park, I definitely leave enough room for others. If I come out of my motel and see a bunch of other bikes next to my Shadow Aero, I think "photo op!"
  8. nitsuj

nitsuj Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Normally, I'd agree that a fellow rider, of any brand, that wouldn't share his spot is an asshole. In this case, it looks like you parking next to him would have blocked in his trailer. So, given those circumstances, he probably didn't want blocked in.

But even if he was an ass, let it go man! Ride your ride and be happy! It's not worth the heartburn you got from being angry enough to post this.
  9. fallingoff

fallingoff Banned

Oddometer:

that has not been your attitude to me jimmy
    you ignore my pm's about buying your dvd's
    you attacked my disabillity

i would still share my spot with you
    i would like a friendly cat with other riders
    i don't care what they ride.
    i do have 4 bmws
    i am also old and fat

cheers
  10. erkmania

erkmania I Remain Undeturd

Oddometer:
    When I'm on a road trip and parked for the night, I tend to encourage some other rider to park next to me. 1) I might have someone to talk to and 2) more than one parked bike in a stall makes it seem like a gang is near. :evil It's easy to mess with one person, but harder with two or more.

If you ever meet me parked at a motel then, by all means, fill up the space. :deal
  11. Pappy541

Pappy541 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    There are jerks and braggarts every where. If I wrote a post on just 1/2 of the ones I meet I would have to take a vacation day once a week. I am not real bright but I did stay in a holiday inn express last week. You rode 330 miles in 3.5 hours. That's an av of 94 mph. I bet you made a good impression on every one you passed. Judge not.
  12. def

def Ginger th wonder dog

Oddometer:
    Yeah....and when you come out in the morning and they stole your bike but not the other, how ya gonna feel?

I park my GS in the room (always request a bottom floor room).:wink:
  13. TheRoss

TheRoss IBA# 522, MOA, ABC Supporter

Oddometer:
    I like it, and I'll look for it on an Aerostitch T-shirt one of these days. :clap
  14. erkmania

erkmania I Remain Undeturd

Oddometer:
    Picked on, but not so paranoid! Do you wanna talk?!

Besides, who in their right mind would steal a GS? It's too effing ugly and has no chrome. :rofl
  15. mrbreeze

mrbreeze I keep blowing down the road

Oddometer:
    I went to a bmw rally in huntsville al a few years ago. the park that was hosting it was pretty full when i got there, and there was a lot of mud, so decent places to pitch a tent were hard to find. there was one pull in camping spot where there was room for my r1100r and tent. There was already a camper there (Sprinter) but no one was around, so i went ahead and pitched my tent. when the guy came back, he was none too thrilled. He told me to stay out of the way. :lol3

oh, he had his bike mounted on the bumper of the Sprinter - it was a Suzuki.
  16. Frostback

Frostback Frostback

Oddometer:
    These GS12s are big bikes. You could have parked perpendicular to his bike where he would have to muscle his bike around you with a 38 point turn. Oh yes, put your steering lock on and turn his kill switch to OFF then sit back and watch the show.

Lee
  17. vagueout

vagueout Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is this a distinctly American thing i.e. trailering a GS around the country? just wondering. I'd have let the fucker's tyres down.:lol3
  18. mrbreeze

mrbreeze I keep blowing down the road

Oddometer:
    or you could poke a hole in his whale foreskin rain suit.
  19. DAKEZ

DAKEZ Long timer

Oddometer:
    They are self repairing. :1drink
  20. fishwich

fishwich Cabin in the woods

Oddometer:
    Mostly a cruiser/chopper/dirt bike thing. Although we do love to trailer stuff. And most of the crap we trailer can move on its own power. Go figure.