2013 Ford Fusion

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by nskitts, Mar 3, 2012.

1. ducnut

ducnut Long timer

Oddometer:
    Oh yeah!!!!

I was drooling over an older, 525 wagon with the sport pkg, Sunday. My GF doesn't get my infatuation with wagons.

That's what I think about the Taurus. It's a car that's just too fat; like most Americans. Maybe, that's the point; to appeal to most Americans. :scratch

I have yet to see a Fusion, in person. Maybe, the proportions will look the same, to me. It does look good, in pictures, though.
  2. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    The beltlines have to be high to provide the structure to meet side impact requirements....they're not that way just for styling.
  3. Buccleuch

Buccleuch I'm just a bean, trying to get some sleep... Supporter

Oddometer:
    A couple of weeks ago, Motor Trend published a 6-car comparison of midsize sedans.

Camry 5th, with one comment being, "Did Toyota even try?"

Fusion came in 3rd, with a lot of praise for the car.

I believe also the 1.6L Turbo with the SelectShift auto comes with automatic engine shutoff in the 2013 Fusion - look for auto engine shutoff to appear on more and more cars in the coming years. And yes, fewer and fewer cars are coming with manual trannies nowadays, and for good reason: autos are becoming better at shifting for economy and performance than you are. Does it take away some of the driving experience? I guess, but if you must, put it in selector mode, and shift the auto yourself.

2nd was the Accord (boring), and 1st was the VW Passat, but to drive one means you'd have to own one, with all that, uh, owning a VW means.

As for me, I'll be seriously looking at the Escape in a couple of years when I'm ready to replace my truck.

W.A.
  4. ducnut

ducnut Long timer

Oddometer:
    Makes sense.
  5. LuciferMutt

LuciferMutt Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer:

I know that.

Doesn't make it any less ugly.
  6. Jurgen

Jurgen CysHeteroPatriarch

Oddometer:
    Should have been an eight car report. Needs the Koreans.

Ford, initial pics looked better than ADV pics here. Will have to see one in reality before deciding on the Fusions looks. I always found the previous version as a solid and understated but not boring looking car. Much preferring its appearance to the Camry/Accord.
  7. Buccleuch

Oddometer:
    Agree totally. Not sure why they were left out. My sister and her fam are very happy with their Hyundais to the point they have a fleet of 'em.

W.A.
  8. jmlmjmjm

jmlmjmjm Long timer

Oddometer:
    If the car lost a previous comparo (the Koreans) and has not been substantially revised it is not included. In the test referenced, the Altima, Camry, Fusion and Accord are all new and being compared to the last winner, the Passat.
  9. Buccleuch

Oddometer:
    Both the Toyota Camry and Hyundai Sonata were new generations as 2011 model years.

So why was one included and one not? Motor Trend doesn't offer an explanation that I can find.

W.A.
  10. jmlmjmjm

jmlmjmjm Long timer

Oddometer:
    I messed up...I was referencing the Car & Driver comparo (11\12 issue) which did NOT include the Camry or the Sonata as they have both lost to the Passat previously and they mention this as the reason for not including them.
  11. NDEBT

NDEBT Long timer

Oddometer:
    I tried one today. Yeah I'm that guy. Very little body roll good throttle respose and good breaking. I like it.
  12. tkitna

tkitna "Jim Jordan 2024"

Oddometer:
    I just cant do it. My luck with Honda has just been to good to go back to the American manufacturers. I wish I could change my mind because thats a great looking car, and i'll be in the market this spring since the boy turned 16. I'll probably just buy him a boring 4 cylinder Accord. I am anxious to read some actual owner reviews though.
  13. nskitts

nskitts Long timer

Oddometer:
    The wheels are killing it. Sorry, it matters.
  14. Bueller

Bueller Cashin?

Oddometer:
    It isn't about luck. It's about quality and longevity. Honda has historically been among the best, which explains your ownership experience.

10 years ago you couldn't have paid me to own a ford. Today I own two of them. They've both been excellent so far. This is not the ford of yesteryear. I hope they continue the trend. They seem to have figured out the long term cost of building shitty vehicles.
  15. ducnut

ducnut Long timer

Oddometer:
    Agreed!
  16. BCC

BCC I know better

Oddometer:
    I've owned 9 Fords before this one (F150 screw). I had sworn off them, and gone foreign. This one has me believing again. My other car's a Chevy. Love it, too. Never thought I'd be domestic again.
  17. ducnut

ducnut Long timer

Oddometer:
    ^^^ :clap
  18. Jurgen

Jurgen CysHeteroPatriarch

Oddometer:
    Looks good. I note there is no false advertising. The MoonRoof says what it'll do to yours or your significant other's hair. "Ugdo." :lol3
  19. nskitts

nskitts Long timer

Oddometer:
    We'll be waiting on your report.:ear

20. Toto

Toto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yea...I just test drove the new 2013 Altima...like the car a lot...HATED the seats....just like the GM "catcher's Mit" seats...felt like I was sitting in a bucket.
    Then I test drove the 2013 Accord...GREAT seats...the rest of the car...not so much...real noisy CVT.
    Will look at the new Fusion and new Mazda 6 when it comes out in Jan.
    Gotta replace the wife's 03 Subaru Lagacy wagon...too bad they don't make that anymore..and the new Subarus have CVT's...not a fan..but the Nissan one pretty good..too bad about the saets tho...a deal breaker for sure.