Adventure in Ohio?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by somecallmetim, Nov 14, 2003.

1. Mikef5000

Mikef5000 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Snowshoe is quite nice for an easterly place. I used to go every year and we really liked it. For riding, there's also a trans-West Virginia trail that's enjoyable. Your BMW would be perfect there!
  2. Gonzo_Matt

Gonzo_Matt Random Hero

Oddometer:
    hell, i dunno, like to start kinda early....Alan, when can you escape?
  3. rob748

rob748 resident alien !!!!

Oddometer:
    Been hanging out in Asheville NC doing a lot mountain biking, was up last week to do Peace Pipe Enduro, was dry, sunny and fast :)

if you come down this way look me up
  4. rob748

rob748 resident alien !!!!

Oddometer:
    sold the KTM 300 last week and purchased a low mileage KTM 625 SXC to part out and remove the engine to replace the one in the 640, its a year ago thanksgiving day the engine expired.
    so hopefully in a couple weeks i will be exploring the mountains on it
  5. ohioroadrat

ohioroadrat It`s YOUR fault !

Oddometer:
    Ashville is a nice place. Lots of artist type folks. Might be down that way next spring.....stay in touch....Larry.
  6. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
    Love me some trails down there. Doable on the 950se so I know you'll rock the hills. Just beware of some local Federal lands.:evil Talk to the owner of the campground here --->www.crawfordsattellico.com/page14.html Fellow KTM rider and knows the trails.:deal
  7. mgorman

mgorman Crashing since 1964

Oddometer:
    I was remembering yours doing that as I was on mine today running 75mph for 200+ miles.
  8. alansz400

alansz400 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Anytime is fine with me.
  9. danxtal

danxtal Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Will the ride on Friday be 650 Vstrom friendly?
  10. Gonzo_Matt

Gonzo_Matt Random Hero

Oddometer:
    As long as you have a decent tire, not planning on doing anything too nuts unless Alan wants to test out the tensile strength of his leg. The creek crossings and one or two trail like roads can be by passed if you don't feel comfortable with them and you should have no problem on Bats Nest on Wee, Buildit did most of this ride a month or so ago on his DL1000 with no issues.
  11. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:
    so, pick a time already...but remember, I have a 60 something mile ride just to get there
  12. indypup

indypup ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oddometer:
    You have heated gear?
  13. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:
    no. the weather forecast was looking good when I checked a couple days ago...now its looking much less so: morning showers and a high of 50...if that holds true I'll probably go back to bed
  14. Solace

Solace Long timer

Oddometer:
    Clarksburg puts you in an area with many awesome roads to play on. I regularly ride down towards that way on a day ride from Columbus. Glenville (SW of Clarksburg) is a favorite lunch stop. You'll find excellent twisty roads in every direction.

As for adventure riding and gravel roads, there much of that in abundance too. The TWVT goes through just to the southeast and there are lots of backroads to explore.

I don't get down there much in the winter due to short days but in the summer I average about two rides per month to the area.

Later,
    M
  15. Gonzo_Matt

Gonzo_Matt Random Hero

Oddometer:
    I'm thinking meeting at my house around 10. Typical bullshit session before we depart.

Meh, it will prob change by then. I don't plan on riding in the rain, but 40's are fine with me, I consider it miserable when it gets below 25ish. 40's are perfect for gravel road riding.
  16. sion

sion sigh-own

Oddometer:
    I'm the same way, I can ride in the 40's but if its raining on top of that, now you're talking a whole nother ball of wax...I'm not committing either way, yet...it'll be a game-time decision. If I decide to bag it, I'll text ya.
  17. alansz400

alansz400 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I do :clap just bought it yesterday after freezing my ass off for 3 winters. Looks like I will be off work in December so I should get some use out of it. Plus the guy at the dealership gave me $50 off the jacket liner.
  18. indypup

indypup ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oddometer:
    Me too. I can run heated gear on all of my bikes. Even the KLR with the 17A output.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Zjw55FL-jPE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  19. indypup

indypup ╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮

Oddometer:
    I think I'll be able to make this Kory! I told Mom and I wouldn't be over until tomorrow night. :evil
  20. Benly

Benly Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm going to try to make this as long as it's not raining when it's time for me to hit the road. Can you post or PM me your address? <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>