Your least favorite cagers

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by VozProto, Sep 19, 2012.

1. ohgood

ohgood Just givver tha berries !!!

Oddometer:
    all of them, except Corvette drivers. for whatever reason, Yvette drivers seem to have nothing to prove, nowhere important enough to run me over, or any calls to make.

maybe they're mindful of the power at their control?

worst drivers...that's easy. the dbag in the 4 ton white pickup with company logos. followed closely by 90 lb sex goddesses in suburbans, usually all white or that boring beige.
  2. Mistress of the dual

Mistress of the dual Some say....

Oddometer:
    I've noticed that too. Seems like every time I see a Corvette it's going below the speed limit.
  3. Heyload

Heyload Bent but not broken

Oddometer:
    This morning on my daily commute I witnessed a large white Ford F250 company truck cruising down the highway, replete with the big rack on the back with ladders, conduit and other crap adorning it....tailgating a police car.

Apparently the fat dude driving the truck didn't appreciate some cop slowing him down from making his morning breakfast taco run...

I'd imagine the cost of the ticket the cop gave him after he pulled him over will curtail the number of egg and chorizo tacos he will be having for a while.
  4. slide

slide A nation with a future

Oddometer:
    I've never seen a 'Vette driver who wasn't also on Medicare. That has something to do with it.

Where I am the clear winner is the GM driver. There is something wrong with these guys. I don't mean they are exclusively the bad ones - I worry about the lemon tarts in their SUV's as well, but I rarely see a GM driver who isn't terrible at it.
  5. crofrog

crofrog Long timer

Oddometer:
    you've got no hair so you get a pass...
  6. khager

khager Long timer

Oddometer:

I see that too, Vette drivers are generally the best drivers IMO. My theory is since they are cop magnets, they have to be on their best behavior to keep from getting lit up all the time.
  7. rh2yadv

rh2yadv Ow!

Oddometer:
    PA drivers have no clue what the little blinking lights in the corners of vehicles are for, nor how to properly use them when preparing to turn or change lanes. I can say that, I'm from PA, and I wonder every day when it was they must have taken that chapter out of the driver's manual.
    :kboom

Russ
  8. Killpill

Killpill Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Any vehicle in front of me that switches into my lane while the roads are wet. There is a huge gap between me and the next car for a very good reason. Now my visor is coated with mist that doesn't go away unless wiped, and I have to slow down or switch lanes in order to have a clear visor for more than three seconds. Usually large vehicles do this (or, maybe, SUVs just tend to kick up mist).
  9. Yossarian™

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
    'Tis true! I bought a C5 when there were brand new, and I can't tell you how many stoplight races I "lost" to Civics, Integras, etc.

At some point I realized that if I sold it I could fit at least three bikes in the garage space that it was occupying.
  10. Human Ills

Human Ills Useful Idiom

Oddometer:
    Really good first post.
  11. stupermotard

stupermotard Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've been experiencing a similar problem. I bought a 15 year old BMW about a year-and-a-half back and I have never been flipped off or beeped at so much in my life. I never have this much trouble when I drive my SUV.

Also Prius, lifted trucks, and cut-me-off-so-you-can-slow-down-and-turn.
  12. khager

khager Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's because everybody knows only Pricks drive BMW's.:lol3 whether it's deserved or not they have that reputation.
  13. C/1/509

C/1/509 Think for yourself

Oddometer:
    What's the difference between a porcupine and a BMW?
    With a porcupine, the pricks are on the outside.

It's funny, but when I drive my car (yep) I make an effort to be extra polite - I wave cars out in front of me, make room, etc. Primarily because I'm trying to help adjust people's perception.

All in though, there are asshats in any brand of car you could name.
  14. Warprints

Warprints Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    You've got to remember that "average intelligence" is actually pretty damn stupid, and as a general rule, if they're not a motorcyclist, and therefore cagers, they have average, or below, intelligence. Enough said.
  15. FMFDOC

FMFDOC IBA #63181 Super Supporter

Oddometer:
  16. HooliKen

HooliKen Awesome is a flavor

Oddometer:
    Fixtified!
  17. Anticyclone

Anticyclone Out

Oddometer:
    None of y'all live in a college town? It's easy to identify the horrible drivers. They brand themselves:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And just so you don't think I'm being sexist:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]