The Husaberg 70º FE Adventure Traveler Thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Lost Roadie, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Ranger Rob

Ranger Rob Out and about...

Oddometer:
    Thanks mate.... I think i love her :evil

Look forward to catching up soon.

Rob
  2. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    You riding it this weekend Rob?
  3. cyborg

cyborg Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer:
    All of Lost's purty camping pix reminded me I haven't posted an actual Berg camping pic here, so I better get on that, from this year:

[​IMG]

2 Bergs at 10,000ft, full camping gear on each.
  4. BogeyMan

BogeyMan Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Not only that, but it transforms otherwise mediocre night time shots to perfectly staged beach scenes with your very own FE570 posed (regardless of whether you were anywhere near a beach when the photo was taken). The starry night shots will be similarly awesome. All this from a 2 megapixel Nokia phone too. :lol3
  5. Ranger Rob

Ranger Rob Out and about...

Oddometer:
    Hey,
    Not this weekend! I've got to get the roadworthy and then get it registered..

It's only been raced on a permit since new before the Safari.

Hopefully next week:clap, but maybe just a little poke around a mate's farm.
  6. LukasM

LukasM Long timer

Oddometer:
    On a RTW ride - currently touring the U.S.
    Nice shots of the Berg in action Finn and Clif! :clap

Going to convert mine back from supermoto to offroad and then install some navigation gear for the Tuareg Rally in Tunesia in March. :deal

You need to do some research. OEM HID systems on cars and motorcycle are designed properly and approved by DOT/TÜV/etc for specific vehicles, conversion kits are not.

Whether you are likely to get caught and fined is a different matter, but they are NOT street legal.

http://isearch.nhtsa.gov/files/Shih.3.html
    http://isearch.nhtsa.gov/files/deetz.ztv.html
    http://isearch.nhtsa.gov/files/kim.ztv.html
  7. Intrigue_262000

Intrigue_262000 Did you see that wheelie?

Oddometer:
    This is a pic of my 450 with my camping set up on a trip from Pa to WV. I'm ordering 2 medium rollie bags, the small ones are just too small IMO.

[​IMG]
  8. Brian011952

Brian011952 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    There is certainly a requirement for DOT lighting, but the codes that I am quite familiar with do not specify any wattage limitation other than the 65 watts and then they just limit the number of forward facing white lights. Anything over 65 watts does not have to be covered, and the aftermarket manufactures these lights as fog lamps, driving lamps, etc. There is nothing illegal about them. Also there is a California court ruling in regard to lighting in the spectrum of white and the spectrum including white light within the blue spectrum such as the 6000k lights. Keep on reading that vehicle code.
  9. Brian011952

Oddometer:
    Your info is dated from 2002 and 2003. Are you serious? In the past nine years a lot has changed, the law updates every year to reflect those changes. Find something current ok.
  10. Brian011952

Oddometer:
  11. mrt10x

mrt10x Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer:
  12. cyborg

Oddometer:
    Go gettem' at the Taureg Rally Lukas! :pynd

Don't forget the pix! Will you be doing a thread in Racing?
  13. cyborg

Oddometer:
    Always great to see a 70degree Berg all dressed up for camping. :thumb
    Once again we see these FE Bergs are built solid, reliable engine, great dual-sporters. :getiton
  14. Cruz

Cruz Lost but laughing.

Oddometer:
    Many countries have very different rules re HID lighting, so there is not one single definitive answer on the fitment or use of them. If you are only riding off road or in the middle of BFI then the retrofit HID probably isn't a worry to anything but some local wildlife.
  15. frostyuk

frostyuk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  16. Mr_Chris

Mr_Chris Get away, evil car!

Oddometer:
    So the Rollie bags -- I am a Wolfman man for waterproof bits-- do you use their dirtbike rear mount on your FE? Does it strap on securely out of the box or did you need to hack up the side number plates with slots etc.? Also any thoughts on rear fuel tanks and that harness? (B1 I do remember your comment about passing straps under there but I still am not feeling good about having the bars/forks hitting the front tank so I reckon someday a rear tank might be in my future). This is the mounting "saddle" I'm talking about:

http://wolfmanluggage.com/Rolie/rolie_mount_saddle.html
  17. Brian011952

Oddometer:
    Yes, what did you do to get it posted properly? I can build almost anything on a bike, I can rebuild engines, and I can't run a dog gone computer. LOL!
  18. Brian011952

Oddometer:
    One thing I hadn't thought to mention was the Federal DOT rules. Mostly, Federal DOT laws are only enforced on new vehicle manufacturers and commercial vehicles by officers with special training. Generally speaking, the average law enforcement officer does not enforce Federal laws or statutes, they enforce state laws. That's why I advised looking at your state vehicle code to find the law in your state related to these lights.
  19. mrt10x

mrt10x Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer:
    In photobucket there will be a series of IP addresses under or near your selected photo.. one of them will be "direct link to photo" simply copy that .. .hit the little "mountain" icon at the top of any advrider reply box... and paste your copied link into the box that pops up.. I think there is a photo tutorial with cool arrows and stuff down in the Ask Baldy subforum.

And I am the exact opposite.. I can literally screw up an oil change...see my thread over in the Gspot forum... I would rather have your skill set.
  20. Intrigue_262000

Intrigue_262000 Did you see that wheelie?

Oddometer:

That is exactly the harness I have. I didn't modify anything to mount mine and it is very secure.