Places to Stay in Birmingham/Montgomery

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by newcastleadam, Oct 5, 2012.

1. newcastleadam

newcastleadam Artful Tagger

Oddometer:
    Good afternoon!

Will be coming back to Flatistan from Memphis on 10/20 from a work conference, and after spending the morning at Shiloh NP will need a cheap place to crash preferably in Birmingham or Montgomery. So...anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks!
  2. custmmc

custmmc Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Cheaha has a motel and several cabins. This is their busy season, so they might not have rooms available.

Courtyard 25 has cabins that were used as overnight rentals by previous owner. Not sure the current status?

Other than those, it would just be picking a motel. Liberty Park in Birmingham has a couple of pretty nice places and is close to Barber. Lots of nice Motels at Hwy 280 and I459.
  3. newcastleadam

Oddometer:
    Perhaps a bit of clarification; all I need is a bed and shower, just aiming to make time not necessarily do the sights. Unless there is something spectacular of course...

Thanks,
  4. custmmc

custmmc Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Barber is a "must do" if you have never been. Of course the previous weekend is Barber Vintage Festival which is an absolute must do.

Cheaha is highest point in AL, and leaves are turning so it is really nice in TNF.

Gymkhana in Birmingham is another great event, but it will not take place until the 27th.
  5. newcastleadam

Oddometer:
    Yeah, thinking of hitting it up on the 13th.
  6. patmo

patmo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Last April, my wife and I made a stop in Birmingham, mainly to visit Barber. We used Priceline and bagged a Hilton Suites down on 280 for 50.00! There are so many hotels in that area, some always have open rooms. Priceline is your friend in cases like this.
  7. Moto-Kafe

Moto-Kafe Gnarly Entre-manure Supporter

Oddometer:
    Courtyard 25 (the old 29Dreams) is now closed..........another bike campground bites the dust. :huh

(Update: this may not be the Gospel.........hope not.............wait another week before we say our last rites to it??)
  8. newcastleadam

Oddometer:
    Looks like I have a spare room available in Pensacola, thanks for the options all!