Mar. 28-31, 2013 Death Valley Noob's Rally

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by nsfw, Nov 15, 2012.

1. nsfw

nsfw Death Valley Noobs Rally Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    hi jesse. you are correct and we'll take care of it.

my fault and i apologize.

there are only 2 tent cabins and one is yours. not exactly sure where they are since they're new. probably near the front row on the right side when you ride in.

bring the camera, we need good pics for this event....:evil

folks, please see the list and if there's something missing or an error....LET US KNOW.

joel

2. FYYFF

FYYFF Forever young...

Oddometer:
    Hi Jesse,

You are right. No camp spot for you, you have TC1 (tent cabin 1) and TR3 is my bad. It should be MC3. I guess I missed that one.
    Tent cabins are on #67 & #68 on the map, therefore no #67 & #68 on the map anymore. Just refresh your browser on page 1.
  3. goodcat8

goodcat8 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    WOO HOO!!

Thanks guys.

Camera will be on hand. Ill quickly become known as "it's that ass that won't ever put the camera down".
  4. browneye

browneye PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer:
    Added a group ride to the cabin for Thursday afternoon when we arrive.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. GSequoia

GSequoia I know a few things about radios... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hopefully there's an ass on at least one of the rides I'm on. I'd like some action shots for my gearhead four year old.
  6. slugdad

slugdad Been here awhile

Oddometer:

in
  7. nicomama

nicomama Rugged Rider

Oddometer:
    Thanks so much, r3r3r!! Really appreciate the support out there, guys.

It's lookin' like this event is going to break records. Bigger and better than ever. So glad to be part of it this year!
  8. nsfw

Oddometer:

hmmm, nicole, if you need some materials for advmoto magazine, especially for the front page you don't have to look far...:wave

:lol3

j/k
  9. macadamia

macadamia XK Red 27 Technique Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Is there an organized ride to the hot springs on Friday or Saturday? Is the ride there big bike friendly?

Which rides are total nOOb big bike friendly? I'm a total nOOb offroad on my GSA. I hope to take Jimmy Lewis' class prior to the rally, but that is still up in the air...
  10. tbarstow

tbarstow Two-wheelin' Fool Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    You're going to need some time on the GSA before you can make it to the hot springs through all of the sand.
  11. 1224R

1224R Long timer

Oddometer:
    Would anyone be up for a night ride? Pleasant Canyon? Some of you smaller bikes have HID or LED, lets put em to good use! Coming down Pleasant in the dark....... Ooooooooooo spooky.... Did Echo this past weekend at night it was awesome... Maybe just plan it where the return part is dark.... That way we are in camp 8 ish... Probably want to do this Friday as not to miss Saturday festivities...
  12. nsfw

Oddometer:
    we're almost done with the IN list, now we can move on to the event itself. please post up if you could help.

1) PSR no longer has a trash service, which means there could be no dumpster or limited trash collection. suggestions?

2) we will need 8 folding tables, bring one or two it will be greatly appreciated....:evil

3) if you're trucking, bring pop up shelter in case the weather does not cooperate.

4) volunteers to bring firewood. we need about 5 people @ 10 bundles each. if you have access to a big stash that will be better or buy it by the truck load.

5) anyone into recycling? - i know most of us do. looking for someone who will handle all the collection and disposal of bottles and cans.

dinner suggestions - ?
    thursday - burger, hotdogs and chili (the net will be donated to SOS).

good chance we will have home brewed beer by mike (shunka). we will sell it to raise more $. bring your own cup.

friday - catered sandwich and soup (just like last year) + desert

saturday - carne asada, tortilla and beans + desert

this has been posted before - bring your own fork, spoon and knife.

i'm sure we will need kitchen volunteers. last year, lots of people helped, hopefully this time we will see more new faces

:ear
  13. macadamia

Oddometer:
    Ok, which rides do you recommend then? Or should I bite the bullet and ride my G650X Challenge?
  14. Mr. G

Mr. G Normal Dude

Oddometer:
    Joel

I am unclear on something. In post # 2 you say that the registration fee will cover among other things, the firewood. In the quoted post you seem to be asking 5 volunteers to bring 5 bundles each (@$6.00 each in my area) or buy it by the truck load. Is the event paying for the wood or are volunteers paying for it?

I know where to buy a truckload of Lemon wood cut to firewood size for $40.00 in Ventura county but my truck is already going to be full with my personal firewood and other gear.
  15. RED05

RED05 @motomedic_rob

Oddometer:
    I will bring 2 tables and 1 pop-up shelter 8'x8'
  16. macadamia

Oddometer:
    save the receipt and you'll get reimbursed by Joel at the event... This way, we all pay for it but do not have to haul it... It's worked out each year this way...
  17. macadamia

Oddometer:
    I have a 10'x10' ez-up some one can borrow provided they can pick it up and bring it back from my apartment. I'm riding in so I cannot bring it with me.
  18. GSequoia

GSequoia I know a few things about radios... Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have a not easy up. It's a Coleman Geosport shelter, five sided and a lot more wind stable. I'll most likely be riding though so we'd need to coordinate delivery.
  19. tbarstow

tbarstow Two-wheelin' Fool Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    The GSA can do a lot of the rides in DV, it just makes certain things a lot harder if you don't know how to handle it or understand the different lines you have to take. If you have trouble in sand and rocks with the XChallenge, those troubles are magnified on a bigger bike. Plus, if you're crashing or dropping it a lot, picking up a GSA will beat you down quickly, causing you to crash more.

In the end, it's the monkey, not the banana, that makes the difference.
  20. nsfw

Oddometer:
    all the way from canada....:eek1

thanks for the offer, we don't want you hauling that extra load when if the locals can take care of this.

what andy said...:D

save the receipt. last year there were a few guys who donated them firewood. i think slugdad will do it again this year.

please see post #2 for the list of help needed.