Rev-It Sand 2 anyone?

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by burmbuster, Jan 31, 2013.

1. PhaseShifter

PhaseShifter Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'd go for the RevIt if i were you!
    The beemer-stuf is not much better in quality than the Sand2.
    Stronger point is the sizing for people with long arms and legs, its better than the BMW suits. The Sand jacket has room for storing a "German beer-belly" but can be trimmed down to Athlete-waist sizes as same for the upper and lower arms, they can expand to Popeye arms or to be trimmed back to nerd-size biceps.
    The pants has less trimming posibilities, so when you have a big ass, buy a big pant:lol3
    I was supprised with the isolation capability when i used the suit with rainshell and isolation layers in temperatures below zerro degrees, it is as good as my BMW Streetguard2 suit.

:clap proud on this Dutch engineered product!
  2. Aviador

Aviador Adventurer

Oddometer:

Thank´s mate; that´s exactly what I did. Went for the Rev´it.

I should receive it this week. Silver/Black combination :

[​IMG]

As you pointed out, I don´t think the beemer stuff is worth those extra €. On top of that, my other outfit is an Rukka Armas suit, and I think the Rev´it will fit spot on for those days when the sun is rising up here in Spain.

:freaky
  3. PhaseShifter

Oddometer:
    I've heard it is snowy-weather in Spain more than ocasionaly :wink:
    Here in Holland were looking out for that ONE beatiful day a year called "summer" :rofl
    Hope you're gonna use the suit verry often without the shells in it, and the vents wide open!
  4. GSDonovan

GSDonovan There and back again

Oddometer:
    I'm close to pullin' the trigger on this suit...are there any other inmate reviews out there that might sway me one way or another??? :ear
  5. Smoke Eater 3

Smoke Eater 3 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just got my Sand 2 from Revzilla. Per the sizing chart I should be a XXL. 46 chest, 40 waist. My Tourmaster Tranny 2 fits perfectly in XXL. The Sand 2 fits my sleeve length and my belly but the shoulders are way too narrow. It's going back for an even bigger size to try. TRIPLE XL???? :huh If this doesn't fit I'll try a different brand.

I was reading this thread about burn through rates for textiles. Sliding is an issue at the track which is why roo suits are so good. On the street you worry about the mailbox, phone pole, parked Volvo; not about the slide. I'll take a burn through from a slide rather than a sudden stop against a parked car any day.
  6. Parx400

Parx400 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:

Did you try it on with the liners out? It should be somewhat tight with both is so you are not swiming it with both out.

I was up to your size before I hit the gym and XXL was fine for me back then.
  7. Smoke Eater 3

Smoke Eater 3 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I did take the liners out and the shoulders and arm holes were still binding me. But if I'm getting a 3 season jacket then I want to be able to use the liners too. I thought it might be mislabeled but the arms are perfect and so is the waist.

I'll try the XXXL and hope the arms and waist aren't too big. It is a really nice jacket.
  8. lacofdfireman

lacofdfireman Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well I just sold my Cayenne Pro gear because I outgrew it.. lol.. And ordered me up some Sand 2 Gear from Revzilla. I figure with their return policy I can't get hurt on the purchase. So I am 6'4 250lbs and ordered a Blue 3XL Jacket and the biggest pants they had 2XL Long. Should see them in less than a week. Hoping they fit. If they don't I'm sending them back and going Klim Badlands... But hoping this Rev'it gear works cause it's been over 100 degrees the past 3 weeks and GoreTex would be brutal. But I am sure the GoreTex would be sweet for the other 9 months of the year here...

When my gear gets here I will post a short review. Even if it goes back to Revzilla..
  9. btao

btao Adventure is out there!

Oddometer:
    I've got about 4k miles now on my Sand 2 jacket. Silver.

The adjustability of this jacket is impressive. Once you take the liners out, you can still make it fit snug. There are slide adjusters that can be done on the fly with gloves on to cinch the arms and sides. The rain liner fits in the big back pocket, just in case. It breathes as good as anything short of mesh. The length is good enough to prevent plumbers crack and water from going down your sorts. The pockets expand nice and fold over with full Velcro so no contamination or lost change. Collar adjustment is a cool slider thing to increase ventilation or seal out the elements. I only wish there were two pockets on the inside of the rain liner. The shell has two. Wallet, phone. Haven't needed the thermal yet as the rain liner works great for wind chill to about 45. For where adventure riding locations where people are generally avoided, this is the Swiss army knife jacket.

Pants are on order....

I'm 6ft, 165lbs, normal build.

I got the gloves too. Great design, good venting, but less than perfect fit. Fingers are long, thumbs are sort, thumb/index web too short. I wear a med golf glove and need an xl.
  10. PhaseShifter

Oddometer:
    User report:
    Like the jacket very much, but with the isolationjacket out, the waist is a bit too wide and the pouches on the front too bulky/ big/ isolating (at crotch-hight):wink:
    So i took the jacket apart, trimmed the pouches back by half the size and deleted the watertight insides of the pouches. and had the smaller pouches re-attached to the jacket:clap by a craftsman who understands harsh sewing materials.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He also trimmed the waist back by 8cm each side, so it fits me Dutch six-pack beter.:lol3
    I like the jacket more now, just my i-phone and house keys fit perfectly in the frontpouches en the jacket is now more ventilating
  11. Parx400

Parx400 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:

****Update.

I have had the suit now for a while so here is my thoughts

Jacket.

Besides only having the full zip on the rian liner the jacket is great. Dont bother with the camel back pocket its worthless. You can open it though and get more air flow out the back. When I got mine the revit back armor was back ordered for ever so I just cut down a sastec again. you only have to trim the sides, leght wise it fit fine. Love this jacket.

Pants.

Even in xl the pants are tight in the crotch with the liners in. They could fix this by putting in stretch panels but that costs more money. Lines out they are perfect. i'm going to keep my cayenne pro 2xl long pants for winter though. They fit good with all the liners in and the liner material is softer. Only going to use them when its super cold and I never plan to take out the liners. They are wayy too big on me with the liners out.

Gloves.
    The size chart says I an a large but the Med I tried on fit. I always by gloves as small as I can because they stretch. I tried on a xl and it was SUPER big. I have a large version of a women's hand. its sad.

Very happy with my revit stuff.
  12. AdventurePoser

AdventurePoser Long timer

Oddometer:
    It is great looking gear, but I cannot fathom the waterproof liner on the INSIDE. Different strokes for different folks, right?

For me the Latitude Misano suit is the ticket. Fits like a charm, super waterproof and adequate ventilation even in 100+ days.

Plus, with KLIM stickers plastered all over the suit, I don't need to tell anyone who makes it.:rofl:rofl

Steve
  13. Lifes2short

Lifes2short Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Black sharpie does the trick from what I have read, at least if you have the black LM.

I'm kind of stuck between the Sand2 and the Latitude Misano myself for an RTW ride. I really hate the idea of the waterproof liner and would most likely leave it out and go with a rain jacket instead. I tried the original Latitude and it fit great also. Time to go try on some more gear I guess.

Anymore updates from S2 riders now that you've had it for a while??
  14. wheeler23

wheeler23 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Got the sand II gear about a month ago an really like it so far. No rain yet so haven't got a chance to try the liner. Very comfortable and the venting is actually really good for a 4 season jacket. Rode this pats week with heat index of 95. As long as you were moving it was fine. Report on rain liner once I get a chance to ride in the rain.
  15. The Red Wonder

The Red Wonder Full of Wonder

Oddometer:
    Any updates on the waterproofness??
  16. ChildlikeWonder

ChildlikeWonder Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've had mine in a downpour riding all day. It's waterproof. Just make sure to tuck the gaunlet of your waterproof gloves under outer shell (and above the waterproof liner) and not overtop everything....
  17. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    i've had Revit but find their stitching fails for the $.
    Klim all the way, 100%!
  18. ChildlikeWonder

ChildlikeWonder Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    If there were brand like Klim but with a european fit...
    Dainese maybe?
  19. ducnek

ducnek Trying not to feel it too hard

Oddometer:
    I have had the pants around a year and ~12K miles. I love em. I have had a dozen slow speed spills in them, and one get off on a gravel logging road at around 35mph in the Ozarks. Luckily I was 100% unharmed, and I pancaked the road from the standing position on my GS.

[​IMG]

They have held up great, and I will probably be getting the jacket next spring. I washed mine 2 or 3 times in nikwax waterproofer. They repel water in all but a gully washer. I have only used the waterproof liner a couple of times because they roast my cods. I can run the pants and liners in winter down to low 30s in complete comfort. Great gear for the price.:thumb
  20. ShoelessJoe

ShoelessJoe DefromisSedSupendium

Oddometer:
    Quick bump to this thread as I am looking at getting one of these. How heavy is the jacket? I have a Badlands pro, but the damn thing is heavy and probably too much jacket for me. Need something that is a little lighter and fits a more athletic build. There are no waist adjustment straps on the badlands.

Any thoughts?