LED Auxiliary Lights

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by sanjoh, Aug 5, 2010.

1. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Certainly:D

Thank you:deal
  2. Downs

Downs KK6RBI

Oddometer:
    I'm thinkin of ordering a model 60 or 44 and replacing one of my model 30 spots so I have one model 30 spot beam and one flood beam

Sent from my iPhone
  3. Boris4ka

Boris4ka n00b

Oddometer:
    I can't decide which light or combo of lights to buy. It's for a DRZ400 SM and the lights will mostly be used on the freeway and highway. I'd like a combo of spot and flood, but my bike can't support much, and I don't want to spend too much money. I bought a Model 30 two years ago but the bike it was on got stolen.

Ideally I'd like it to illuminate the sides as well, so if the bike's leaning I can see into the turn. Should I get an M61 for each side, and an M62 for the front? Or do you think a single M64 would work? At that point the M64 would be significantly cheaper and put out the same amount of light as the three light combo. Or should I do some combo of Model 30s? So many choices!
  4. RTinNC

RTinNC Long timer

Oddometer:
    Anyone have pictures of Caliper mounts for the 30's? Got a set for my '12 GSA and having difficulty getting them mounted to the calipers since the GS does not have fender bolts that work. I am planning on making some "L" brackets and then getting longer M8 caliper bolts with a spacer or bushing but looks like most of that I'd need fabricate so wondering if anyone has done this type mount before. Thanks in advance.

Oh ... and I ordered the HD brackets but when installed I see they create a somewhat ugly gap in the light housing ... I thought of using an O-ring to fill the gap. Has anyone else dealt with this issue. Yes ... I am pretty anal about how stuff looks and the gap in the housing just detracts for the look of the lights.
  5. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    A flood light will help light up the sides of the road.

The DRZ puts out 180watts stock. I'd recommend a model 30 and 44 for a total of 30 additional watts on full power. I think the M62 and M64 are a bit large for a bike the size of a DRZ.

Oring should work to fill the gap.
  6. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Another happy customer:clap

[​IMG]
  7. WindSailor

WindSailor Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Relocated my lights to use the original OEM aux light mounts (had to fabricate a piece to bolt to the original mount). This works tons better and looks better too.

[​IMG]
  8. tallguy-09

tallguy-09 Smile 4 Miles

Oddometer:
    I like it better now, however, you still need to crank up the engine hp a bit to overcome the wind resistance, personally it's a bit too much for me. I went from no lights to way too many lights (lights everywhere), back to only a set of 60s and that's it for me.
  9. Danjal

Danjal Insert wit here.

Oddometer:
    Sanjoh, do you have wide beam lenses or prismatic lenses available for the 61 or 62? Id like to use them for close cornering lights.
  10. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Model 30 light on Sale 25% off
    Normally $60.00 each now $45.00

Don't forget the "inmate" discount. ~$80 for a Quality set (that's a pair:D) of Lights.

• Spot Beam
    • 1500 lumens
    • .85amp@12v
    • 3 LEDs
    • aluminum housing
    • Length: 70mm , Diameter 55mm
    • black durable coating
    • o-ring sealed housing
    • one meter wire lead
    • includes flat mount (stainless) mounting bracket
    • glass shatter resistant lens
    • Sold individually
    [​IMG]

The Model 44 or Model 60 will give you a wide beam.
  11. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Model 60s and the new M64s on my F150. Can you spell daylight:huh

[​IMG]
  12. Danjal

Danjal Insert wit here.

Oddometer:
    All well and good there as I have a 60 already, I just need lower power cornering lights. The stock Dr650 stator wont support too much more draw on it.
  13. Sunday Rider

Sunday Rider Adventurer Wanabe

Oddometer:

This reminds me of body piercing. Not that there is anything wrong with that.:D
  14. Jazz62

Jazz62 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just for grins you've got to post some night shots with those blazing.
  15. Alleycatdad

Alleycatdad Unbunch yer panties!

Oddometer:
    True Norcal, not that Bay Area/Sacto Crap...
    There's been no recent mention of the flashlight that sanjoh sells but it's become my nightly go to light. Love everything about it except that the switch comes apart if you change the battery via the tail cap. I just take the head off instead.

Highly recommended, ESP if you've ever spent real money on a flashlight. This sucker is almost free.

S
  16. Bearcat263

Bearcat263 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    haven't read all 200+ pgs but have a question anyway, why do you need a or want a dimmer on your lites don't you want them on full bright isn't that why your putting them on the bike to see what goes bump in the night so you don't. also other than a switch of some kind what else do you need with them? Thanks Mike :D
  17. RoundOz

RoundOz Plenty of seasoning

Oddometer:
    Dim: low beam
    Bright: high beam
    These lights are really dazzling for other road users if not controlled properly.

18. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the praise! Here is the M10 flashlight on a tree @ 250' with the light on high

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All that for $33:deal
  19. sanjoh

sanjoh Long timer

Oddometer:
    Full bright is blinding to oncoming traffic, so unless you want to be run over, dimming helps make the lights more traffic friendly while providing full power with a flip of your high beam switch.
  20. Bearcat263

Bearcat263 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm thinking of putting your Blk model 44's with M-30's or using
    Model60's with the M-30's any suggestions or would these combo's
    work together for up close and way out there thanks Mike