World of Tanks

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by OConnor, Jan 29, 2012.

1. frecks

frecks Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'll bring a T82 or a Luchs and I can play whichever one would be more useful to the team. We going to do practice rounds? Could we get Dave to coach us? haha
  2. rjbergen

rjbergen Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I'd be interested in being backup for the team as well. I could bring a Lee, T82, or Marder.
  3. Big Bird 928

Big Bird 928 Long timer

Oddometer:
    the only ones I could bring with a crew greater than 100% would be a T-82 with 97% camo currently, PzKpfw S35 739 (f), or a Vickers Medium Mark 3. I am leaning towards the PzK, as others have better crews for the T-82, but not all have a PzK and I do decently well with it.

PzK has Commander at 63% recon, Driver at 63% smooth driving, and Radio operator at 63% situational awareness.

4. Mambo Danny

Mambo Danny I cannot abide.

Oddometer:
    Sorry bud, but i see a somewhat over-dedicated T28.

T28's require pathways/routes that enemies will not be shooting your sides. You are, to your credit, not as far up as the team, but ... if your teammates fall you'd have them coming at your from three directions.

Some maps just don't lend themselves to a T28 attacking... but those bridges lend themselves to channeling enemies to your front.
  5. vwboomer

vwboomer Buffoon

Oddometer:

Yeah. Thing is, the only option is to keep on keeping on once a path is chosen. On that map, hiding on the hill gets me sniped from the oposing village. I have 2 crew members not at 100% camo. maybe that's it :dunno

Seems with that tank I get exposed a lot when I'm at my maximum viewing range. I have coated optics, binocs and camo net.

And I'll admit that being tired after 12 hours at work, and pissed off from losing a couple battles before doesn't help :deal

that ST1 battle after that really took the cake though. I think 5 tier 10's and I still had top damage :norton

Hopefully I can redeem my self a bit tonight. I doubt I will get that 20k I need for the T30 though.
  6. FPGT72

FPGT72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just sent in my note....the FCM would be my first choice.

I have never done this before so if you decide that I can play the match someone will have to let me know.

I usually do not TS but have the account and the mic I will just keep the wife up for these battles....I am sure she will not mind.

Just let me know how it works.
  7. vwboomer

vwboomer Buffoon

Oddometer:
    well i guess I got what I deserved for buying a lappy with onboard graphix. damnit. can't upgrade. getting sick of running down to 10fps. doh
  8. Big Bird 928

Big Bird 928 Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

played a round with my tier 3 premium... :D
  9. vwboomer

vwboomer Buffoon

Oddometer:
    I'm streaming the SX race and playing tanks. by god when those big guns BOOOOOOM that sounds awesome in surround
  10. Mambo Danny

Oddometer:
    150,300 credits earned in a T34 game.

I was in shock.

Look... the T34 loads agonizingly slow, and isn't really the best sniper tank in its tier either. I've earned the Sniper award in it for as few as 9 out of 10 shots made. Sometimes a few more...

But I hit 23 out of 25 times. 5,665 damage. I guess I'm content, but...

The best I've been able to achieve, two or three times, was 134,000 and 135,000 credits with the T34 and KV-5.

Their team should have had this, and had 4 tier 8's (8.8 Jagd, T69, IS3, T34) against our two tier 8's and one tier 7 at the end. Man, it was a close game :eek1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Notice that we had a tier 8 (Type 59) that did nothing? Yeah, I was initially around him and counting on him to do something. Instead he ran away leaving my flank open to a full health SuperPershing. Then I guess he died not having shot anyone..

[​IMG]
  11. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    Nooby just had a hell of a battle in his E8....made Sam and I look like 100 battle noobs.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. Wheedle

Wheedle I love inflatable fun!

Oddometer:
    Hey BigBird... notice you're not doing any screenshots of our platooning. Am I that bad? :lol3
  13. Big Bird 928

Big Bird 928 Long timer

Oddometer:

no, it just means that I am that lazy... :D

Actually, it probably is that I do dumber stuff when platooning with Geek.
  14. vwboomer

vwboomer Buffoon

Oddometer:

good lord man. tha'ts nice! I'll be playing my T34 now to build up credits for the T30. Much faster than any other tank I have!
  15. AKjeff

AKjeff Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've spent the last couple days playing an SPG. I tried one back when I began playing WoT but I preferred playing up close and personal at the time.
    I'm really enjoying it this time. I feel less pressure to play well and since I'm in the rear I don't die as quickly.
    It's also pretty cool to be able to help a team mate out from across the map.
  16. vwboomer

vwboomer Buffoon

Oddometer:

aaaaaaand it's much easier to cocktail :1drink
  17. Mambo Danny

Oddometer:
    LOL... much faster than any tank you have?!?! Oh boy...

But ample practice in the T34 will be great training for the T30... except with the T30 you see the biggest arty more, and they like to one-shot T30's. :dog

That explains the crappy arty support we get!
    Finally... an answer!
  18. Wheedle

Wheedle I love inflatable fun!

Oddometer:
    Had a nice little run yesterday, topped off by these two

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  19. timk519

timk519 Long timer

Oddometer:
    On the T28, I'd trade the coated optics for a rammer - you'll get more shots in, which, in a TD that loads that slow, is important.
  20. timk519

timk519 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Has something happened to the KV5? Yesterday I was in my T95, and in one game fired ~13 rounds, and only *2* of them did any damage. Most of those shots were at a KV5.

Later on in another game I came up against an 8.8, and it bounced 3 shots on the front. I eventually got behind it, found out the driver was AFK, so I decided to go for the easy kill while my team-mates capped.

Shooting point-blank on it's rear armor, and I still didn't pen with 3 shots.

I'm like WTH?!?