2013 + Honda CB1100

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by cabanza, Aug 24, 2012.

1. NJ-Brett

NJ-Brett Brett Supporter

Oddometer:
    What is with people these days?
    I used to take month long rides camping the entire time and had 1/4 or less of that stuff on my bike, with no saddle bags, hard cases, or anything but a tank bag for convienience.
    I just strapped it on the back seat and above the tail light, a small tent, a big sleeping bag, a bag o tools, and a small duffle with clothes.
    All the BS stuff went in the small tank bag.
  2. mrbreeze

mrbreeze I keep blowing down the road

Oddometer:
    the first road trip I ever took - luggage consisted of a change of underwear, tooth brush, and tooth paste. All in the pockets of my surplus Army field jacket.

I stayed gone for two months.
  3. Gypped

Gypped Backyard Camper

Oddometer:
    You must have smelled delightful that entire time as well. :puke1

My last 3 week trip, I took a duffel bag, a tent and tank bag. I don't see the need to go making a stink about how others choose to pack. If you're that offended by other people taking more than you choose to, go to a bike rally and pick a fight with someone on a Goldwing. And if you're going to play it up as a safety issue, I've seen people on cruisers with similar set-ups that have made it across country and through the Dragon just fine... slowly perhaps, but they didn't lose any items.
  4. Gezerbike

Gezerbike I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaa......ck

Oddometer:
    I was in my local dealer last night and they still have their first bike on the floor after almost 2 months with no takers. Non ABS bike that is now reduced to $ 9099.00. It so far has been a cold wet spring, but I would have thought this bike would have moved sooner.
  5. Gypped

Gypped Backyard Camper

Oddometer:
    I'm guessing it's partly location; my mom and grandparents still had snow on the ground in Iowa last time we talked so I'm betting there's not been a lot of bikes of any type sold there this year. I know that the local dealer here had 3 they sold within a day of each hitting the floor, but I'm in Florida... so it's warm(ish), and there's a lot of the target demographic for the bike (i.e. old farts :evil )
  6. buck80mph

buck80mph "Power Junkie"

Oddometer:
    Amen!
  7. jamboa

jamboa jamboa

Oddometer:
    Its called over packing & souvenirs! LOL! Fir the Harley faithful it is a t-shirt from every dealer they come across. The rest of us are guilty as well. I left for a 3 week tour last summer and half way there I shipped half the shit back home.
  8. jamboa

jamboa jamboa

Oddometer:
    makes sense to me!
  9. jamboa

jamboa jamboa

Oddometer:
    I hope not to many are sold as I like being on a unique bike. I still don't see many Bonnies and that is fine with me!
  10. k-moe

k-moe Long timer

Oddometer:
    I want more of them to be sold. The very reason that bikes like this don't usually get imported to the US is because not many get sold.
  11. dirtdreamer50

dirtdreamer50 long time rider

Oddometer:
    I stand corrected. Went back and looked again with Widmark in mind and now it looks just like him, to me. Sinatra was very popular on early TV shows, and I just glanced at the pic, thinking it was he....
  12. markjenn

markjenn Long timer

Oddometer:
    Since we're hopelessly off-topic anyway, I'll continue the thread drift and say that if you want the very best Richard Widmark movie, rent "The Bedford Incident", also with Sidney Poitier. For extra credit, figure out how to watch it on one of those vintage TV's.

- Mark
  13. ECN-ROL

ECN-ROL Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Is your real name Jack Reacher?:1drink
  14. Gas Hog

Gas Hog Two Wheel Fanatic

Oddometer:
    Well another sucker just snagged one..:D Pics tomorrow as it was a long trip over and back (600ish) and I swear to god I 70 is worse than a goat path. I quite counting the times the trailer went completely airborne...and I was going sloooow. :bluduh Just ask my fans behind me that thought I was number one.
    Sun Honda in Denver still has 2 more just sitting there if anyone is interested:huh . Ask for Rob and he will treat you right.
    I think we should give out a prize for the lowest vin number..006 here :wink:
    Gary
  15. jamboa

jamboa jamboa

Oddometer:
    That cause your Moe and I am Curly!
  16. brucifer

brucifer Long timer

Oddometer:
    :lol3
  17. Monkeyshines

Monkeyshines Long timer

Oddometer:
    "One important aspect of the bike is that is an homage to Honda's own heritage, one that rings far truer than yet another V-twin interpretation of someone else's history." ~David Edwards
  18. lambotte

lambotte Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    This thread needs more pics! Just installed today. Keeps wind off the chest. I think it looks great.[​IMG]
  19. lambotte

lambotte Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    More pics. Sorry about the small size.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  20. kpmsprtd

kpmsprtd Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That fairing looks fantastic. The way the color in front matches the color of the side covers really works well.