Oklahoma ADV Riders BS Thread

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by Mr. Guy, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Throttlemeister

Throttlemeister Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I usually like to camp for free, but I have stayed at roaring river and I like that place. I will only be able to camp if I pick up my ride on Thursday. Otherwise its just ride over to Oark Friday for lunch. I still waiting on my new to me tent to show up, x hopefully tomorrow.
  2. Silver

Silver Dirtnewb

Oddometer:
    Ahh what did you get??? I'm picking up a seedhouse 2 on Friday. Thus no camping thursday. where do you camp for free? State parks?
  3. Throttlemeister

Oddometer:
    I got a Anawhahee or something or other Black Diamond off Dockingpilot here. Gonna be living in the damned thing for my trip coming up. Already got the vesti and footprint, just waiting on the tent.

I usually just camp in the boonies in the national forests or wherever I can find a spot hiding out but I'll pay to stay every now and then.
  4. Silver

Silver Dirtnewb

Oddometer:
    Ahh right on. :D:thumbup
  5. Mr. Guy

Mr. Guy Ubernoob

Oddometer:
    Man, you guys make me want to go riden. We're swamped at work though, no way I could get Friday off. Ya'll have fun, a great riding season is comeing up. I can feel it.

Guy
  6. Ensey

Ensey KLR Combat Touring

Oddometer:
    Beware of that Bibler..........it will make you want to ride roads like this........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And then set up camp and eat stuff like this.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. DrLewall

DrLewall ADV Has gone to SHIT

Oddometer:
    So are we still on for a friday lunchen at Oark? John, will you have the "ole mule" friday? How you gettin over here? Will you trailer the mule back to OK after a weekend of ridin? Let me know so I can make plans to hook up with ya..we can hook up in HSV or at Oark..no matta to me..Silver, you commin too? Guy?..anyone else?
  8. Silver

Silver Dirtnewb

Oddometer:
    I've requested off and as long as I don't have any loose ends/craziness at work should be leaving Tulsa about 9am, figure Oark by 12:30 or 1:00. Will have a friend with me probably too.
  9. DirtyDog

DirtyDog Omnia mea mecum porto Supporter

Oddometer:
    You comin' back on Friday then?
  10. Throttlemeister

Oddometer:
    Hello Ensey-nice pictures and nice tent, Just got it today and put it up fast in the living room, that things got some long poles.
    Do you have a vestibule for yours? I bought a new one and it dosen't mate to the tent with the buckles that are on the vestibule. You got any ideas? It said there were catches right next to the zipper for the door. Not anything like that on mine:huh

I think I'm gonna like sleeping in that thing vs my little ole bivy tent -which it still has its place, now my little cot fits inside nicely:wink:

Where was that pass it reminds me a lot of Cinnamon Pass or Ophir?

LeWall-

I'm trying to hitch a ride to Bentonville so I can just ride away and not truck it back. Will have to see what the guys over there have to say on Wednesday...
  11. hikrynut

hikrynut Adventure Pig

Oddometer:
    I'll know for sure by tomorrow afternoon, but I'm probably gonna head east Thurs. around noon. Definitely be at Oark for lunch Friday. Otherwise just wanna explore some twisty Ark. roads and take some pics. Thinkin of campin at either Shores Lake or Wolf pen Thurs. night, maybe even Fri. night, no real schedule just wanna take off for a couple a days. Anyone wanna join up at any time, give me a holler. :smile6
  12. Silver

Silver Dirtnewb

Oddometer:
    Yeah, shooting there at about 9 and hoping to be back in town around 5ish? Somewhere in there.

Sam and I are meeting up at my house in the AM. Let me know if you want to roll.
  13. DirtyDog

DirtyDog Omnia mea mecum porto Supporter

Oddometer:
    Dirt roads, or slab? Superslab (turnpike / interstate)? You quoted 4 hrs one way, so I'm curious about the route. Google says 3 hrs via turnpike and I-40. If I did it, it'd have to be on the hog-ette (no dirt).

I have no official conflicts, so I'm hoping to get the hell out.
  14. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    nuttin wrong with taking the hwy to Oark..am kinda leaning that way myself..the Harley hasnt been started in 2 months so I need to fire it up and blow the cob webs out..so I will probably take it..from HSV on hwy 23 to hwy 215 to oark..real simple.
  15. Silver

Silver Dirtnewb

Oddometer:
    Oh definitely asphalt. We're on a CBR600RR and a GSXR600.

Route to Oark

412-16-23-215. We might get away from you on any twisty bits, but will wait up at any turn offs or long straights.

Depending on time frame, route home is probably TBD. More than likely the same route though.
  16. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    would be better to take 412 to hwy 23 in HSV then south..do your best to stay off 16 thru FYV and Elkins etc..
  17. sc-razor

sc-razor Long timer

Oddometer:
    I want you to look at all of the "traitor's" over here. Caught red handed!:rofl
  18. Silver

Silver Dirtnewb

Oddometer:
    ?? 16 from Siloam to Fayetteville is fun. After that not so much tho. Is it hacked up now?? I know it had a washout last year.
  19. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    16 from Siloam to FYV is still good..just be alert for limb debris..if you just stay on 16 thru FYV (it turns into North Street then T's into hwy 45) take 45 out towards Hindsville where it T's into hwy 412..turn right to HSV and hwy 23..once on 412 tho, watch your speed as state police like to patrol it. Hwy 16 south thru Elkins is a dangerous hwy..even if you are alert! just a heads up..
  20. Silver

Silver Dirtnewb

Oddometer:
    Ahh ok. Thanks for the heads up. :ricky

Been down 16 before to oark, it's been a bit tho.