The Adirondacks and Beyond

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by prometheus rising, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Dragonflylily

Dragonflylily One Women -Two wheels

Oddometer:
    "My kind of winter"

Simply stupendous.

Joe, you have a gift.
  2. WHITEHOUSE

WHITEHOUSE Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Joe - your pictures just get better and better. Thanks for reviving this thread. Keep it up, please.
  3. EastBoundAndDown

EastBoundAndDown Ron - 300XCW DR650 990SMT

Oddometer:
    New screensaver.
  4. Firenailer

Firenailer Still Ridin'

Oddometer:
    Hey Everyone,

I'm looking at new cameras for an upcoming road trip and as space will be an issue, am considering the Nikon Coolpix 500 or the Canon Powershot SX30.

I was wondering if anyone has either, or could recommend one over the other. Amazon reviews seem to favor the Nikon slightly, but I was hoping for some ADV advice!

Thanks
  5. Mikemm

Mikemm Long timer

Oddometer:
    You could try making a new post dedicated to your question instead of asking it in a thread dedicated to the Adirondacks...
  6. East Coast Rider

East Coast Rider Just Me...

Oddometer:

Awesome shots, as usual!!
  7. EMTNEK

EMTNEK Crash Test Dummy Supporter

Oddometer:
    Joe you have a great eye, patience, dedication and knowledge. Thanks for these photos.
    The past few weeks I was thinking of this thread and your Spider and the Fly segment.
    I like my fast GT because it gets me from western MA to MV weekends.

[​IMG]

But I have coveted a GS because I wanted to go off the paved and narrow from time to time and this is not the tool. So your Spider and Fly kept coming to mind as I looked at the inventory of the same dealer. They did not want to give me a lot of money for my fast bike. So I looked at things a bit older and found this.

[​IMG]

I mentioned your spider and the fly to a salesman in the dealership. What happened is that now I have two silver colored BMW's, a GT and an older GS in the garage. I blame you. And thank you.
  8. EMTNEK

EMTNEK Crash Test Dummy Supporter

Oddometer:
    And I am going to pick up my photo skills and seek the things as you do. Going down roads like this Blue Ridge Parkway in late October.

[​IMG]

Because we just want to know what is around the next bend. Thanks, Joe.
  9. prometheus rising

prometheus rising Ghost In The Machine

Oddometer:
    upst8, thanks for stopping by

Bob, when you make it p my way, I'll hook you up with my buddy Dave who has probably the most farkled RT in existence. Did you settle on a camera?

Rusty Rocket, it sure has been a great winter and if we can believe the 10 day forecast it calls for more of the same

Roadgrime, Skidmore is a great college and Saratoga is a great college town, if your daughter chooses it she will have a great experience and as a bonus it's a sweet ride for you when you come to visit

chillbizkit and eastboundand down be my guest using it as a screensaver, chillbizkit how's your winter been in the great north?

dragonflylily, thanks so much for stopping and the kind words

whitehouse, thanks for the visit and the words, I lost 2 memory cards with a lot of fall riding somewher along the road but i still have a few which I will get around too posting

eastcoastrider thanks for the visit, I'm digging yor thread and yor photography, Keep it up man !

emtnek, dig the GS and the BRP shot, looking forward to seeing more. Is that Max's Conneticut store ?
  10. chilibizkit

chilibizkit Wanderer

Oddometer:
    Pretty mild as have seen more grass this winter than snow.

May have shovelled 3 times and not started the snowblower once.:D

Are you keeping all the snow on your side of the lake?
  11. Rusty Rocket

Rusty Rocket Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer:
    I started my snowblower once also.... Oct 29th, 12.5 inches. Then I ran the chainsaw for a month straight.:D
  12. prometheus rising

Oddometer:
    I don't know where it is, just glad it's not here maybe 1/2 an inch last night and the suns out now

rustyrocket, - 1 time with the shovel 0 with the snowblower.
  13. prometheus rising

Oddometer:
    Have you ever felt like you just stepped through a rip in the fabric of time and were instantly transported back to a bygone era?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    Ride the Adirondacks and you will experience it in many places.<o:p></o:p>
    October 7<SUP>th</SUP> 2011 was one of the many experiences I have had. 74 degrees for a high, blue skies and cotton candy clouds hanging in the sky – Perfect<o:p></o:p>
    My buddy Dave ( adkjack ) on this forum and I took off on a long loop through Long Lake, Saranac Lake, Lake Placid and Whiteface<o:p></o:p>
    On rte. 86 between Saranac and Lake Placid is one of the places you’ll experience this phenomena at

The Tail O The Pup

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've passed by here a lot and never stopped so today we drop in

[​IMG]

You sit down under one of the tents or in the Adirondack Chairs scattered around and a waitress spots you and comes on over. To the right in the shot below you see the different little cabins that hous a small bar, ice cream stand and little store

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They had a car show there too

[​IMG]

Our waitress whose name I have forgotten and who is a definete asset for this place. She;s pretending to be interested in what Dave is saying. he has this effect on a lot of women

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The 4 Stool bar

[​IMG]

Pulled Pork ( mine )

[​IMG]

Brisket for Dave

[​IMG]

The food was good and I'd recomend stopping if you're in the area just for the experience of another era
  14. Dieselpwr

Dieselpwr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wow. Amazing pics. I really enjoyed your ride reports. I'm in the market for my first adventure bike and although I don't have too much free time ( thanks to a 2 and 4 year old) to ride, your ride reports have really inspired me to get out there and explore the northeast.

Great job and keep sharing those beautiful pics. In fact, one is my new wallpaper.
  15. East Coast Rider

East Coast Rider Just Me...

Oddometer:
    Keep them coming, Joe!! :clap
  16. CharlestonRider

CharlestonRider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I can stare at your photos all day long...I have bookmarked this page and return weekly to see what you have added. Great Stuff!!! Please keep it up! :clap

CharlestonRider
  17. dave6253

dave6253 GCBAR Explorer

Oddometer:
    P.R. I'm loving the HDRs.
  18. Firenailer

Firenailer Still Ridin'

Oddometer:
    Hey Joe,

Keep 'em coming buddy! I've passed that place a few times and never stopped, that's changing this year, I think I'll try the pulled pork!

Stay well,

Bob
  19. prometheus rising

Oddometer:
    dieselpwr, eastcoastrider, charlstonrider, dave6253, Bob - Thanks for stopping by

dieselpwr - good luck with the search for the new bike

Bob, how many miles on the RT so far

Here's a few more from that Loop

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  20. Firenailer

Firenailer Still Ridin'

Oddometer:
    Hey Joe,

Me and the RT are still getting to know each other, I've put just under 1500 miles on it since I got it in november. What a wonderful motorcycle!

Great shots as always. Thanks

Bob