Castle Hot Springs

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Kevinsterner, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Kevinsterner

Kevinsterner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

There used to be a nice stone house here[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Stone wall between the river bed and the ranch
    [​IMG]
    Fiber Optics??? I don't have fiber optics at my house
    [​IMG]
    Maybe they don't have fiber optics after all
    [​IMG]
    Castle Hot Springs
    [​IMG]
    Castle Hot Springs. It used to be a resort back in the 20's or 30's. ( I think that is the time frame)

Nice little ride out to Castle Hot Springs and beyond. Thanks to Durtklod, I downloaded a track for this route. I just wanted to try my new GPS and it worked great. The ride I went on was mostly graded roads with some sandy parts through the River bed. I turned back when I got to a 100 yd stretch of really deep sand. I made it through but I knew I was turning around soon and I didn't want to do any more than I had too. I hate sand. I really enjoyed the scenery. I plan on doing this again when I get an earlier start.
  2. AZ Mark

AZ Mark Misplaced Farmboy Supporter

Oddometer:
    NIce report and pix...

Ya sould have kept-on coming North. I was on Buckhorn Rd Saturday afternoon and to "Roberts Roost", circled back to Wickenburg via Constellation Rd. Sunday cruised over to the old Observatory in the Harquahala Mtns south of Aguila. (need to remeber to take pix's!)

I wont mention Wednesdays ride or you guys will think I'm retired, out-of-work or something dramatic!

However I'm attempting to loop some trails together to make a mostly dirt ride from Wickenburg to Parker, via Wayside/Alamo Lake and Swansea ruins. Overnight in Parker and back, Dont have the return route just yet... I hate to backtrack too much. ...and I'm one of those slow kind'a riders so it takes a while to get it all put-together.

Keep up the reports...:clap
  3. azbrown

azbrown Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I've heard Castle Hot Springs housed some famous people over the years, including JFK.
  4. Starbuck21

Starbuck21 Manly scooterist!

Oddometer:
    Nice report! In all the years I have been around Wickenburg, have never taken this ride. Will have to check it out! :clap