Maui Dual Sport Rentals and Tours!

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Mendo, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Mendo

Mendo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Aloha! Just wanted to give the fellow inmates a heads up about a new business I started here in Maui www.mauidualsport.com

We do dual sport rentals as well as adventure tours around the island. Being a avid dirt biker and ADV rider here I would run into people visiting the islands on my bike everyday asking where they can get a dual sport to explore with and since there are no options for that we started up this new shop to share the experience!

Some of you have probably rented a dual sport from Jon at the former Maui Dual Sport back a few years ago. We have worked with him and taken over the name and website and now have a full retail and rental shop in Kahului right by the airport.

Being a AGATT rider I wanted to make sure other riders are protected so we have full gear included with each rental or tour. Alpine Star GoreTex Boots, Padded waterproof riding pants, Riding Jersey, Dual Sport Helmets, Waterproof Icon jacket and waterproof gloves.

The bikes are the tried and true 2013 Kawasaki KLR's equipped with Mototech Crash Guards, MotoTech Skid Plates, Bark Buster Hand Guards, and tail and tank bags so you can feel confident in going off-road.

Our tours are not so much "tours" but a real riding experience like you would have riding with your friends. We have a Half Day trip up the backside of Haleakala Volcano through the dirt and a full day dual sport ride through the Hana rain forest and all the way around the backside of the island.

If you have any questions let me know, hope to ride with you soon! :D

You can also like us on facebook, I add new riding photos on there almost daily
    https://www.facebook.com/MauiMotoAdventures

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. seabee1

seabee1 we build, we fight

Oddometer:
    Very nice! Looks like you've got a ktm/klr there! I hope it's a success for you, and I also hope to see you one day.
  3. CrownRoyal

CrownRoyal Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yet another reason to go visit Hawaii!
  4. Chi_Raindog

Chi_Raindog @JPodzilla

Oddometer:
    Here right now for my 25th wedding anniversary and doing the ride tomorrow. All the cameras are charged up, looking forward to riding to Hana!!
  5. Byork

Byork Novice

Oddometer:
    Let us know how it goes. I am leaving for Honeymoon to Maui in 4 days :clap
    My wife misses my KLR so I thought this would be a nice treat. Not sure if they allow 2-up, or if I could spend that kind of $
  6. ZEmann

ZEmann want to be riding

Oddometer:
    awesome road !
    in a car it's ok but hard to see out of

but on a bike now that is a great plan have fun
  7. Mendo

Mendo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Had a great ride with John (Chi_Raindog) yesterday all the way around the backside of the island.

Yes we do allow 2-up on rentals and we have all the riding gear for your lady included as well. Its $199 for 24 hours. Let me know if you want to set something up :D

Couple pics from yesterday
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Things got a bit muddy deep in the bush :rofl
    [​IMG]
  8. EEKAMOUSE

EEKAMOUSE Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Could you guys please give Kalani a bike! I can't take it any more need more videos!
  9. Byork

Byork Novice

Oddometer:
    Well I'm out of excuses now :clap

PM Sent
  10. jonz

jonz Miles are my mantra Supporter

Oddometer:
    CA dez (it's a dry heat)/West Yellowstone,MT
    Awesome!!! My wife loves going over there. I'm one of the guys who rented from Jon. The bike back then was a little better.

[​IMG]

But having a tour guide would make it probably at least as memorable. I'll definitely be a customer next time I'm over there.
  11. Chi_Raindog

Chi_Raindog @JPodzilla

Oddometer:
    You have to do it! Here's my initial response to my earlier thread started: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=22553045#post22553045

Tell 'em John from Chicago recommended, you won't be disappointed.
  12. Byork

Byork Novice

Oddometer:
    We just got back from a full day of riding 2-up around the south end of Maui! This was one of the best rides we've ever done. There was never a dull moment, great scenery the entire way! Lots of waterfalls to swim at and a few secluded beaches.
    Chris, I already PM`d you about taking the bike out again this week! My wife is already talking about where to ride next...I hope you have some more suggestions
    Pics coming soon, using kindle for internet right now and don't have card reader for camera
  13. Byork

Byork Novice

Oddometer:
    As Promised, here are a few pictures...

Day 1: Road to Hana (Complete Loop). No pictures of last leg of the loop because of rain
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Day 2: Haleakala Crater - Very chilly climbing to 10,000+ feet. After reaching the summit, we quickly found lower elevation for warm air and sunshine!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

LOTS more pics to post later. Thinking about doing a short RR about it...
  14. Mendo

Mendo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Been getting alot of ADVriders doing rides and rentals lately. Great meeting all of you!

A few recent pictures

Sunset on top of Haleakala
    [​IMG]

Through the clouds
    [​IMG]

Temple Of Doom
    [​IMG]

Deep in the bush
    [​IMG]
  15. 1OldGuy

1OldGuy n00b

Oddometer:
    Had an excellent ride with Chris when I was in Maui. He equipped me with everything you need for a dual sport ride. Chris was full of info on Maui and took me places you would never find on your own. Highly recommended if your visiting Maui! Sorry, I couldn't figure out how to post the pictures he took.
  16. Mendo

Mendo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Day 3 of filming our promo video on the top of Haleakala!
    [​IMG]
  17. Mendo

Mendo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just added a new 2014 CRF250L with a lowering link to our rental and tour fleet for the shorter riders :D
    [​IMG]
  18. Mendo

Mendo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Backside Kaupo Curves :D
    [​IMG]
  19. the_real_wild1

the_real_wild1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    In Maui now. Wife brought home a brochure she found while at the store up the road. Made the call last night. Going riding Friday!!! Looking forward to it. We normally rent Harleys for a few days and rental the Arlen Ness choppers one year which is always good but this year I wanted to go off road. Had no idea you guys were here until yesterday. :clap
  20. the_real_wild1

the_real_wild1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just rode with these guys today. They also will do dirt tours with Ktms, Hondas and Kawis. I did some riding today that had some of the most spectacular views and into places I would have never known about. If you come to Maui you better check them out!!!! It was amazing.:clap