Anybody Haul Bikes In A Honda Ridgeline?

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by jambie, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Second chance

Second chance Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I was searching the INTERNET to see if anyone had experience hauling and loading a bigger bike in a Honda Ridgeline and came across this thread.

I bought the Ridgeline a year ago because is fit my needs where as a "real truck" was more than I need. It has been a great truck for my needs. What amazes me is that the OP here was asking for if anybody had hauled a bike in a Honda Ridgeline and you get responses like this. I guess there are folks that have not matured past the 3rd grade when the argument was "my dad can beat up your dad". The OP wasn't asking for opinions on what everyone thought of the Ridgeline. Why is is there are some that always have to chime in with immature crap like this that is off subject?
    These forums are great but there will always be those that feel it necessary to interject their intellect or lack there of.
  2. surferbum

surferbum Long timer

Oddometer:
    Relocated to Scottsdale, AZ from SF Bay area
    OMG this thread was nearly 4 years dead and you brought it back to life with a bitch?
  3. fishkens

fishkens Long timer

Oddometer:
    He's just sad because he never got a real truck. :cry
  4. Second chance

Second chance Adventurer

Oddometer:

Ha, ha and you 3rd graders felt the need to respond. Brings them out every time.:D
  5. jambie

jambie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Seriously? After four years, it's funny to revisit this thread. Pooterhead, I'll bet you've got a set of truck nuts hanging from the back of your "real" truck :rofl

Well, we all find a way to compensate, I guess. As it happens, my Ridgeline and I have been to some awesome places, and I haven't had one regret.

Cheers,
    Tom
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    roma258 likes this.
  6. showkey

showkey Long timer

Oddometer:
    :norton:norton:norton

ridgeline.jpg
  7. showkey

showkey Long timer

Oddometer:
    http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2008/11/honda-ridgeline.html

http://automobiles.honda.com/ridgeline/baja-racing.aspx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEYl7QlaZAI

OLD NEWS but fun: REAL TRUCK??????? :evil

The Ridgeline Conquers Baja. Again.

Going into the 2010 43rd Score Baja 1000, Gavin Skilton and his team knew they had a distinct advantage. The 1,062-mile course was a high-speed affair, so the Ridgeline's Variable Torque Management<SUP>®</SUP> 4-Wheel Drive System (VTM-4<SUP>®</SUP>), and 4-wheel independent suspension really gave it a chance to shine. Gavin Skilton and co-driver Andy Grider piloted the Ridgeline race truck to victory, literally leaving their competitors in the dust. They covered the course more than 14 hours quicker than their closest competitor. Of the Ridgeline's performance, Gavin said, "We knew it would be a fast race this year, well suited to the Ridgeline, and that proved to be the case…The Honda ran flawlessly."

The Ridgeline started in Ensenada, Baja California, and finished in La Paz, Baja California Sur, conquering a nasty variety of unforgiving terrain along the way in just under 30 hours, without incident. Naturally, Gavin was stoked after the race, saying, "Everything came our way and this is an even better win than '08, and a fantastic follow-up to our four [class] wins and championship season last year."
  8. jambie

jambie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'll second every positive statement. In fact, I bought mine when the lease was up. Perfect for how I use it...
    [​IMG]

Stopping off for a swirl...Cheers!
    Tom
  9. Schlug

Schlug A natural, zesty enterprise.

Oddometer:
    put something on and stay in that position.
    [​IMG]

Look at the arse end of that thing squat. And you posted this picture as proof of something to proud?

I don't want to get into an American/Import debate, but I'll take my truck and throw your bikes in the bed and tow your Ridgeline and trailer (unless they're weigh more than 14,500 lbs) at the same time without squatting it like that.

And still make 12 mpg on the highway, and 21 mpg unladen.

In my experience with many years of hauling two bikes and gear up the nothern end of the state and back, you'll wear the suspension of a real truck if you do it often enough. The old half ton I had needed helper springs after three years of this sort of work. Then it worked a treat. For anyone else, were I to ever consider buying one of these things used (as if) the first question I'd ask is, 'have you clapped it out hauling a load like this?" and then I'd show them the above photo.

Or this one:

[​IMG]
  10. jambie

jambie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Whatever, dude. Don't get your truck nuts in a bind. This is (or was) a post about the Ridgeline, not your F950/9500HD/dually 'merican solid-axle behemoth. The Ridgeline works perfectly for those who know its strengths and limitations. I'm glad your truck works for you...

Cheers,
    Tom
    Wolf_ADV likes this.
  11. OhBoy

OhBoy Got Out

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

:clap
    CoatsEast likes this.
  12. leakypetcock

leakypetcock Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have to admit that they're growing on me. I really like the lifted look. I'm getting old, my tastes are changing.
  13. Sidecar Jim

Sidecar Jim Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wow! I can't believe this thread came back to life! I've had my Ridgeline for three years now, still no problems. It is currently for sale as I have my eye on a 2011 Ridgline. I own a F350 diesel (the real truck) and the Ridgline. I much prefer to drive the Ridge. Much quieter and more car like. The performance in the snow is awesome, love the traction control and antilock brakes.
  14. kobudo28

kobudo28 Banned

Oddometer:
  15. Elburrito

Elburrito Donkey

Oddometer:
    I've had my Ridgeline since 2005 and hauled, ATV's, sleds and motorcyles in it. It is very tight indeed but will work. The bed size is probably the trucks only drawback for me. I have 180,000KM's and have had nothing go wrong with it.

I got the odd bantering from friends driving full size trucks but they've warmed up to the ridgeline over the years.:) Especially since there is a 50.00 difference at the gas pump for basically the same milage.
  16. Ttuck93

Ttuck93 n00b

Oddometer:

Im curious to know how you put those XD rims on that ridgeline? All ridgelines are 5 lugs and I thought XD only made a 6 lug? I want those same rims for mine so let me know! Thanks
    Trevor Tucker
  17. BHW

BHW Long timer

Oddometer:

It's a pic I found while searching online, not my Ridgeline.
  18. darmahman

darmahman "Illogically Deluded" Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have 166,000 + miles on my 06 Ridgeline I bought new. I have hauled an Airstream Bambi(3500 lbs.) with a 300 lb. bike into the mountains of Colorado - also a motorcycle trailer with 3 bikes on it and 2 in the bed of the truck. Never broke down, 75,000 miles per set of tires and $300 worth of non maintenance repair bills in it's 166,000 miles. Great all round vehicle. Typical Honda quality and reliability.
    CoatsEast likes this.
  19. Edelweys

Edelweys DOM undercover

Oddometer:
    Reviving the thread...
    I was set on a Tacoma/Baja, but I find myself old (and maybe smart) enough to know that what I want is not what I need. I'd love to use a rugged Tacoma for what it's built for, but I simply know that the Ridgeline would only be out its element in MAYBE 1% of all of my probable future uses.
    After seeing a Ridgeline on the road today, I started researching it: except for the outdated (5 speed) tranny, this looks like a smart choice for the occasional hauling of a couple of dirt bikes, or my 1200GSA, and still have the comfort and ride characteristics of a regular car.
    BTW, it's built in the USA, and most of its components are US native.

Unless something VERY shiny and sparkling comes around, this is my most likely choice for my next car/truck/van/transportation

Thx for all the feedback:clap
  20. kobudo28

kobudo28 Banned

Oddometer:
    You could do much worse!