RevZilla Gear Discussion / Q&A

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by BoochZilla, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Parx400

Parx400 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well after 4 months of working out and dieting hard my gear is falling off me. I have a pair of Cayanne Pro pants 2XL Long. With all the liners in there are lose everywhere except in the upper leg. There are just right there. The waist is wayyyy too big for me now. Could I fit into XL Defender Long pants? I'm almost into 34x34 jeans and plan to lose more weight. I'm into 36 right now.
  2. KEN PHENIX

KEN PHENIX "CERTIFIABLE"

Oddometer:
    Hey guys, I'm still looking . . . . . . .

:gerg

I noticed the REVIT Contra. It apparently is a UK market item. Any information / opinion on this one?

[​IMG]
  3. RexBuck

RexBuck Long timer

Oddometer:
    Anthony<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    A couple of years ago we had a discussion on this thread for new gear. I wound up buying Firstgear TPG jacket and pants. Turned out to be good entry level gear and I have been happy with it. Since then I have completed a couple of large trips (3 mos in Mexico and 6 mos to South America) and the gear seemed to work well. This isn’t top quality stuff and I didn’t expect it to last forever. The pants are now pretty well done and I’m now looking for better quality replacement pants. <o:p></o:p>
    I really liked not having to use rain liners or rain pants but I did sweat a lot in warmer weather. Thinking I should step up to a GoreTex pant.<o:p></o:p>
    So, I’ve narrowed it down to the Klim Badlands Pro pants (don’t see a lot of difference with the Adventure Rally for $200 more) and the REV’IT GTX pants. The Firstgear TPG jacket is still fine and I’ll look at upgrading that later on.<o:p></o:p>
    After studying the info on your website, it really looks like the two pants are very similar. The Klim piece may have a slight advantage in the heat with the front and back vents (even though your website rates the REV’IT piece as having better ventilation) and I’m guessing they would be similar in cold weather, depending on base layers used.<o:p></o:p>
    Your recommendation would be appreciated. By the way, I am a 36” waist and 32” inseam. My TPG is a 36. I would assume the Klim size would be a 36 Reg and REV’IT size would be Large Reg<o:p></o:p>
    Thanks<o:p></o:p>
    Steve<o:p></o:p>
  4. totomoto

totomoto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    +1. I have looked for information about fabric materials on several manufacturers' websites and couldn't find much. I, too, came to the conclusion that whenever fabrics are called some fantasy name like Mugello, Titanium, Power whatever, it must be some sort of polyester. Otherwise, why are manufacturers not providing more information including test data if these fabrics are so great? Providing no information is certainly not building consumer confidence.
  5. Burgh'r Boy

Burgh'r Boy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anthony & Company, I really appreciate, as I'm sure many here do, your contribution to the collective good of this motorcycling community. Kudos!

To elaborate on my question in the title... I was told by an apparently qualified Helmet rep that you could convert a size Medium Schuberth to a size Large by swapping out the fabric liner and both cheek pads to the large size. While I was able to confirm both the Medium and the Large share the same shell, I wasn't able to determine if the interior styrofoam requires being swapped and if it does, can that be done after it leaves the factory?:ear

Thanks for your time!
  6. T1G3R

T1G3R Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Amazing thread on REV'IT gear. A few questions for Anthony or anyone with experience with this gear...

I commute in San Diego and am looking for a new set of year-round gear. I'm leaning toward the Horizon jacket but am not sure what to do about pants. I leave early in the morning (6:15am) and it can be in the 40s (occasionally high 30s) and misty/foggy. By the afternoon it can be in the 70s or higher. It rains pretty rarely here so waterproofing is not a huge priority. I'm leaning toward the Horizon jacket but if something else would be better suited for the conditions I ride in, I'll take suggestions.

I've been trying to decide between one pant to do it all-- the Defender-- or the Legacy paired with the Airwave pants for warmer days. Abrasion resistance is a priority, as is the highest-quality armor. The reason I'd considered the Defender is that with the liners removed and vents open, it seems like it might not be as hot. That combined with the SAS-TEC armor seemed like a good combo. That said, I don't want to be too hot in the Defender pants if I'd be better served by two pairs rather than one. I'd appreciate any advice.

One more question about colors: is the silver in the Defender the same light grey as is used in the Horizon jacket? The colors look slightly different on the site and I can't tell and wouldn't want them to be close enough but not the same if I paired them.
  7. T1G3R

T1G3R Adventurer

Oddometer:
    One more question-- hopefully someone will see these!

I'm really looking for abrasion resistance in the pants. There's a site in Germany that has some old-new stock of the Turbine pants. How did those fit size-wise? According to the chart I'm a 50-Long and have seen conflicting reports on how those fit. Obviously, since I'd be ordering from overseas I'm concerned about sending them back. Are there any current REV'IT pants that fit like the old Turbine?

Also, do the Tornado pants have comparable abrasion protection to the old Turbine pants? If not, which of the current REV'IT mesh pants have comparable abrasion resistance?
  8. RevZilla

RevZilla Best on Two Wheels!

Oddometer:
    Hi Ken,

The REV'IT! Contra Glove is not imported into the US. Sorry for the lengthy delay in response. For some reason I haven't been getting notifications on new entries to this thread.
    Your timing is pretty good if you're still in search of a nice REV'IT! Winter glove, as the REV'IT! Orion Glove is now on sale for 35% off. Check it out at this link.

Cheers,
    Ali
    TeamZilla
  9. RevZilla

Oddometer:
    Hey Rex,

The TPG is good gear, but Gore-Tex is definitely better. We have a great sale going on right now on the REV'IT! Everest Jacket and Pants at 35% off. They are also Gore-Tex Pro Shell like the Klim Badlands set up. I will say, the Klim Badlands pants are better suited for more true ADV / Enduro riding and get the slight advantage on airflow, where the REV'IT! Evererst pant is slightly more touring skewed. With the sale on the REV'IT! Gear right now, it's tough to ignore. Gore-Tex Gear rarely goes on sale.

For the best advice on fit, I suggest giving our Gear Geeks a call. To find the proper fit in REV'IT! pants, we will need actual measurements, not jean sizes.

Cheers,
    Ali
    TeamZilla
  10. RevZilla

Oddometer:
    Hi Burgh'r Boy,

I had to call Schuberth on this one, but I was able to get confirmation directly form Schuberth North America, that yes, you can make your Medium C3 into a size Large by swapping liners.
    The C3 uses 2 shell sizes and 4 EPS liners to make up their size range. In this particular case, the Medium and Large share both shell and EPS liner sizes and only the soft liner components differentiate the 2 sizes.
    As far as messing with the EPS liner, this is something we would not recommend ever touching (and irrelevant in this case).

Cheers Big Ears,
    Ali
    TeamZilla
  11. Tomintoul

Tomintoul Hoopy frood

Oddometer:
    I've just got a pair of 50 long Tornado pants from that very store. If it's any help, I'm 6'3", about 90kg a 33in waist and leg and they fit me absolutely spot on. Went out in them yesterday for the first time and was lovely and comfy in the 28°C sunshine. Also got a Levante jacket in XL which also fits me just right and was likewise very nice in the warm weather.
  12. KEN PHENIX

KEN PHENIX "CERTIFIABLE"

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the reply. What I'm really looking for is a Gore Tex glove I can wear in the rain in the warmer months. As I mentioned, I already have and love the Dirt and the Alaska. I noticed the Held Air N Dry but I think that's more than I need and more than I wanted to spend. I just want a simple Gore Tex glove with no thermal insulation and reasonable crash protection.
  13. mackdaddy

mackdaddy Finding my way Supporter

Oddometer:
    Howdy,

Love the Revit gear. I know there are other alternatives available but I am curious to see if anyone is currently using the Revit Fluid cooling neck. Thanks for any replies.
  14. RevZilla

Oddometer:
    Hey Ken,

An easy way to shop your options is to put "Xtrafit" as a keyword in the search box on our website. Xtrafit (if you are not already familiar) is a Gore-Tex technology that bonds the Gore-Tex membrane to the outer shell of the glove for excellent grip feel and liners that won't pull out with your hand. Xtrafit, in nearly all cases, is used on non-insulated gloves.
    Dainese, Rukka, Alpinestars, and REV'IT! all have Gore-Tex Xtrafit options, but I will warn you, they are all a premium price point.

One other option is the REV'IT! Summit H2O glove, that is a waterproof glove that is not insulated. The Summit glove uses similar technology to Xtrafit that REV'IT! "borrowed" from Gore in the construction of this glove. The Summit H2O is also much more affordable.

If you have more questions, don't forget our team of Gear Geeks is here to help.

Cheers,
    Ali
    TeamZilla
  15. KEN PHENIX

KEN PHENIX "CERTIFIABLE"

Oddometer:
    Thanks Ali - looks like good things come to those who wait. :lol3 Summer is here and I have ridden in rain every day this week. My REVIT! Dirt gloves dry quickly. Come fall, it looks like the Dianese Veleta will be on my shopping list.
  16. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    Rev'it Everest pants and jacket seem to be on closeout, is there going to be a new replacement in the Rev'It line for these pieces?
  17. levain

levain STILL Jim Williams Supporter

Oddometer:
    +1.
  18. RevZilla

Oddometer:
    Hi Swimmer,

I've seen the Fall line up from REV'IT!, but we are under embargo to give any specifics. I can say I think this is the most notable Fall release they've put together since they originally launched the Gore-Tex collection 3 years ago. RevZilla will have detailed videos on all the new products as soon as REV'IT! gives the green light to release to the public. I apologize for being so vague, and for basically replying "stay tuned,"...but stay tuned.

As for the Everest GTX jacket and pants, it is a great amount of savings for a premium product. 30% + savings on any REV'IT! product is something to take notice of and the Everest still holds its own against many of the Gore Tex Pro Shell products out there.

Cheers,
    Ali
    TeamZilla
  19. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    Thanks. I've got the Everest pants (luckily I didn't have to pay full price for them) and I am very happy with them after about two year of nearly daily wear. Actually tempted to pick up another pair at discount to use when mine die. The Everest Jacket was never tempting though due to the lack of what I perceived as good venting and the cut/shape. I am wearing another brand pro shell jacket but it's fading to a red color which really sucks as it's otherwise a very nice jacket so I'll be interested in what they come up with for new jacket.
  20. AZR

AZR Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Ive been looking for a good pair of pants for offroad (plus some street, getting to the trail riding) use in summer. The airwave pants look great, but they seem like they would be more for street use. Anyone have experience using them on the trail? Any other Revit pants recommended for offroad in the heat?