Husqvarna Nuda 900 and Nuda 900R

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by socalmoe, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Dezzie

Dezzie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  2. Wanderer2012

Wanderer2012 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi all...

Dezzie, your mount looks great, the sliders blend well, tail tidy is sharp, would love to see a pic of your rad guard, who you get the accessories from..?

Yesterday i went into my local Guzzi dealer, to test ride a new 1200 sport, got 2 hours country riding on her, and really enjoyed trying out the latest 8v motor...
    Anyways, he happens to be a Huski dealer to, and after chatting about the Guzzi, i was on my way out the door, heading home, and spotted something shiny with bling on it outta the corner of my eye in the yard...
    Stopped for a look, as ya do, whats this i call back at him, so he comes out, keen to tell me about his new personal toy...

NudaR... Hmmmmmm i thought, looking around it, tasty bits, sharp styling, power and weight sound bloody HOT... Even reasonably priced if one compares with the likes of a Duc and some other brands...
    Some years ago, like 10, i had a KTM Super Duke 640 for a while, and apart from the viby motor, was a total blast, and this reminded me of those times, next thing i know, he is telling me i need to take it for a spin, so still kitted up from my ride, i figure im here and ready...:evil

This dealer is in a small country town, so only 2 mins riding and one is in the country back roads, windy lanes, and free from those that like to spoil our fun...
    Now he was quick to point out he had done a track day last weekend, suspension firmer, front brakes vicious, twobrothers pipe open an LOUD, hmmmmmm, well excited i climbed abroad an headed off...
    Tall, Very Loud, and super responsive would be first thoughts, i filtered out of the village, wow this thing is very tractable, and good mannered, easy to ride in the town environment Im thinking, then i hit the country road, gave it a hand full, and off we went, Faark, noise and lots of action going on... The motor pulls like a train, much smoother than i expected, and revs quick, front wheel had air, not intentionally, but it did...
    Out the straight road, then off onto windy lanes, easy to ride fast or slow, very tractable, surprisingly comfortable, Im 6ft tall, wind blast wasn't a issue, seemed clean air on my Arai, and up to 160 kph i found it good, didn't go any faster than that, Super Duke 640 on steroids Im thinking, after blasting around for 30 mins, i headed back, and i must say i didn't really want to give it back, i was so impressed, just the perfect fun toy on 2 wheels...

Now Im not normally into super sharp edgy styling, but in the flesh this thing looks HOT, the Business, and the quality of fit and finish, the bling, all added up to make a beautiful beast...
    If you get the chance to look one over, do so, if you get the chance to grab a ride, well enjoy...
    For me, Im looking at the add on options, and thinking i need to own one... :1drink
  3. Wanderer2012

Wanderer2012 Adventurer

Oddometer:
  4. Dezzie

Dezzie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I got all my bits from ebay, you may wanna check out a company called ilmberger from germany, they do the whole body in carbon and its top spec its also on ebay too, also check out the forums, nuda900.com and theres another one in france.

http://sud-team.forumactif.org/forum
    http://900nuda.com/forum/index.php?sid=64476368927eab663227c7b13ab12508
    and heres the ilmberger site!
    http://shop.ilmberger-carbon.de/shopware.php/sViewport,search?sSearch=+nuda
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/R-G-RACIN...90?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item2a1f89b3ce the rad guard!
    Enjoy!

Its a great bike!:evil
  5. omnivore

omnivore SuperSportTourer

Oddometer:
    The RG rad guard is just a rock screen? What about the rad tanks? They look terribly vulnerable....like a minor parking lot drop at the gas pumps might end up with a damaged rad that might keep you from riding home.
    Someone's gotta make up some kinda guard for that.
  6. Dezzie

Dezzie Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  7. wilmar13

wilmar13 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Why won't they bring these to the states? Sigh.
  8. kraven

kraven GoPro Anti-Hero Supporter

Oddometer:
    Even just in NC would be fine. :deal
  9. No Degree

No Degree Blah Blah Blah CSM FFs

Oddometer:
    It is my understanding that it will not pass emissions testing in it's current state of tune plus the fact that naked bikes don't sell well in the USA.
  10. DAKEZ

DAKEZ Long timer

Oddometer:
    :huh 4th?????

You should be in second :deal
  11. DAKEZ

DAKEZ Long timer

Oddometer:
  12. wilmar13

wilmar13 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I don't get it???
  13. fireflyr

fireflyr HIPster Doofus

Oddometer:
    Hey, I can see a dipstick, that's just plain wrong.
  14. wpbarlow

wpbarlow Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    :norton
    Probably because they saw how "well" KTM did with the 990SMR.

BTW- know what the 990SMR development team calls the Nuda?

Lunch. :lol3
  15. cabanza

cabanza Smooth is Fast

Oddometer:
    lmfao!!
  16. Gryphon12

Gryphon12 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Of all the KTM 990's, the SM-T appears to have been very popular - demand is still there. If Husky made the Nuda just a little more versatile (as they originally promised), I believe the combination of power and light weight would sell here in the US. It just needs a little bit more...
  17. PeteN95

PeteN95 Long timer

Oddometer:
    10 less HP, but about 50 less pounds, I think it would be a pretty good fight?! :evil
  18. wilmar13

wilmar13 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Exactly... Light makes right.
  19. tslewisz

tslewisz Long timer

Oddometer:
    My stable would definitely include a Nuda if they imported it. SM-T is on my radar for me for 2013 as it is.
  20. DAKEZ

DAKEZ Long timer

Oddometer:
    Too buzzy.:1drink