2013 + Honda CB1100

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by cabanza, Aug 24, 2012.

1. M3-SRT8

M3-SRT8 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Plus, you'll be in better shape, better health, fit the jacket, and look better on the Honda.

Win win...in my book.
  2. OldF7Guy

OldF7Guy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I have a nice Vanson jacket that I can no longer get into myself. Paid about 400 for it 10 years ago and nearly died but the quality is there. Speaking of accessories one of my good friend rides a Victory and he complains all the time about the cost of them. I am like you thinking stuff is way to high and thought that only HD stuff was expensive. If I get a CB the first thing I need would be a rack and tail bag of some sort. I have an old T bag that fits over a sissy bar that holds a lot of stuff I might be able to get by with for a while.

I think I saw a picture of your Yamaha FZ1(?) that had a nice set up with some throw over bags and a tail bag. That would do me just fine for the most part and wont break the bank. Hard bags are just too expensive for me.
  3. jnor

jnor Been here awhile

Oddometer:

He won't look better on anything.....jussayin' :D
  4. Tripl Nikl

Tripl Nikl Long timer

Oddometer:
    There's a lot of logic here. Everyone's on a different point on the economic scale, for sure. But if it's a toy, then that adds options--including the option to say bugger it and walk away.

Bitch. :D

Me? I'd ADV-ize my DR650 and keep the CB1100 slick.
  5. The other Ferret

The other Ferret Motorcycle nut

Oddometer:
    Thanks a lot pal :wink:
  6. M3-SRT8

M3-SRT8 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The first cb1100s must be arriving at the dealers right around now.

Just got a teaser email from Honda Motorsports to that effect.
  7. OldF7Guy

OldF7Guy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The big Honda dealer in Chattanooga Tn says it will be the first week of April before they get any according to their blog. They say it could change but that is the schedule right now. So they are getting close!
  8. Plungerhead

Plungerhead Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just spoke to my dealer here in the Memphis area and he had nothing new to report.
    Good Grief!!!! Come on Honda!
  9. jas67

jas67 Long timer

Oddometer:
    My local dealer also said early April for the CB1100, and mid to late April for the 500's.
  10. kraven

kraven GoPro Anti-Hero Supporter

Oddometer:
    And once they show up at Chatt, you know they won't last long. They sell bikes like Popeye eats spinach.
  11. dirtdreamer50

dirtdreamer50 long time rider

Oddometer:
    Just spoke with my Houston area dealer and was told their CB1100(s) will be shipped to them via truck from Ca. on March 28th. Depending on stops in between, one to two weeks travel time.
  12. Oldgoat01

Oldgoat01 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    One to two weeks from CA to Texas? Even if a less-than-load operation where they are picking up and dropping stuff along the way, it's hard to believe it could take two weeks. I would have expected they load up with a bunch of bikes (not just CB's) and make a pretty direct route to multiple dealers. But what do I know.
  13. dirtdreamer50

dirtdreamer50 long time rider

Oddometer:
    I agree. Just repeating what I was told. I'm sure it's better for a dealer to state two weeks and surprise buyers after a week, than to say a week and it takes two...Much happier customer that way...tp
  14. Guth

Guth Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    No shit, especially if those customers happen to be anyone who's been hanging around this thread for any period of time! To say that tension is building in lockstep with expectations would be an understatement. Just imagine them saying two weeks only to discover there are further unexpected delays that somehow creep up.

At this point, I'd probably be wise to convince myself that the bikes won't be coming in until sometime in May.
  15. M3-SRT8

M3-SRT8 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That's when I'm expecting mine, and quite frankly that's fine by me.

I live in Massachusetts, and the roads aren't clear until late April.
  16. steveWFL

steveWFL Long timer

Oddometer:
    +1 and its not them commenting on the low HP numbers, etc either :D
  17. dpg

dpg Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Alright. Lets think about this. There are 315 million people in the U.S. and ten whole people have put there money down on this bike.
    And now we are getting fucking! impatient.
    I now understand why the rest of the world won't cut us a break.
    :rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

Honestly, I am beginning to believe that this bike is going to go the way of the cb-1, gb500 etc. etc. because most buyers won't see it for what it is. Yay! I will own one of the most notorious? - infamous? instant classics that ever existed. Unless people do realize how great this bike is, in which case it makes me one of the first enthusiasts to spot the best bike of THIS century. Win -win. :lol3 Hope it lives up to the expectations! ​
  18. markjenn

markjenn Long timer

Oddometer:
    And you got this ten number from where?

- Mark
  19. Paebr332

Paebr332 Good news everyone!

Oddometer:
    Rectalpedia
  20. Oldgoat01

Oldgoat01 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    +1
    AND I figure in either case it will make me a pioneer, even a hipster, in which case I can then go purchase a Bolt! :D