Versys owners checkin

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by pilot, Oct 17, 2007.

1. kojack

kojack Grenfell Country Farmhouse suite!

Oddometer:
    Welcome to the club.

Sent from my totally awesome galaxy note! Over tapatalk2
  2. Baron650

Baron650 650x2

Oddometer:
    I have an '09 with KTM handuards installed. I put on the Givi screen for cold weather riding. I've had to modify the screen to get to full lock. The only alternative would be to alter the screen location with spacers or go to a Madstad bracket.

Go for the bar-end weights if you order the BB's, you'll want them. I ended up going with an aftermarket bar-end weight on my KTM's. Looks good, but could be weightier.
    I got the idea from Davy in the UK- this is his bike-

[​IMG]
  3. Ogre_fl

Ogre_fl Long timer

Oddometer:
    Depending on how badly its hitting the screen at full lock, you might try adding bumpers to the steering stops if you are just missing it by a bit.

I added 2 small pieces of automotive edge trim to the lock/stop plate on the frame.

It makes the steering swing from lock to lock a bit less, but its hardly noticeable in real world use.
    It also dampens the bang when you do turn it full lock.

[​IMG]
  4. douglasgraham

douglasgraham This is my car

Oddometer:
    Pipping in here late but Ive been runing the Tourance tires for a while now.....3rd set on front and 4th on the rear = tens of thousands of miles under heavy load and i run them with the arrows in the right direction. They are solid in dirt and asphalt and I see no reason to run the front backwards.

Who the hell would run a tire in a backwards rotation?:deal
  5. Bigolechalupa

Bigolechalupa Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Love this pic!!!! This is sooooo gonna be me next summer...:D
  6. cbolling

cbolling Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer:
    Got my new Seat Concepts seat installed today. Have not gotten a chance to ride yet but the 1st impression from sitting on the bike is great.

Front is higher and there is a definite pocket to sit in. No more forward slope and no more feeling like I am sitting on the edge of. 2x4.:clap
  7. Ogre_fl

Ogre_fl Long timer

Oddometer:
    Had me with that one.
    I never use the steering lock.
    Just went out into the garage to try and yes it will still lock.
  8. sieg

sieg Wearing out tires......2 at a time, day after day. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Planning to put crash bars and a skid plate on my Versys, although in 32000 miles I ain’t needed either yet. So I’m wondering what brand people are using. Anyone have a particular one that they like or dislike?
  9. cbolling

Oddometer:
    Let us know how the hand guards work out.

And give us lots of pics.
  10. cbolling

Oddometer:
    Here a a couple of shots of the new seat.

This thing is sooo much more comfortable than the stock seat!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  11. cbolling

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the pics. The hand guards look good.

Do they mount on both ends or just one?
  12. cbolling

Oddometer:
  13. CatoctinDave

CatoctinDave Long timer

Oddometer:
    Let me know what your impressions are after you've put some miles on it. I'm not that fond of the stock seat, especially after a couple of hours. The forward sloping of it tends to put too much pressure on my "gentleman's region".

That looks like it does a good job of addressing the problem.
  14. Bigolechalupa

Bigolechalupa Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Cave Dave, I've had the seat concepts seat for a season now, so I can give you my opinions on it. Waaaay more comfortable to sit on for one! No more nut crunching happening. On the other side of that coin, it does seat you further back, and up, so, I reccomend handlebar risers.
    Also, some complain that it makes you feel like your sitting ON the bike rather than IN the bike, if you know what I mean.
    I got the risers, and now love the seat. Another bonus is that it's a bit higher, so you get some more knee room too :D
    Cheers
    BiGo
  15. jimtoe

jimtoe Dream'n of a Dream

Oddometer:
    The Peg 2 seasons short summer & long winter
    Hi I have been lurking for a while so best I make myself known.

I have Blue 09 and love the bike. Seat sucks ( found out the hard way ) on long trips. Did 3500 kilometres in just over a week last summer and have almost recovered now.

Been looking into the seat concepts but not sure what to order ( foam etc. ),

I am 5' 11" and about 200 pounds.

What do you in my height and weight range recommend. Thanks in advance for any constructive advice.
  16. CatoctinDave

CatoctinDave Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice! Thanks BiGo! I'm already looking at the handlebar risers from MotoWerk as a combination riser/vibration reducer, so the new seat would be one more reason to get them.

More knee room would be a big plus, I'm also looking at the highway pegs from MotoWerk to give an alternative for the knees.

Thanks again for the info, I see an order to Seat Concepts in my near future!:clap
  17. CatoctinDave

CatoctinDave Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm 5'10" and 200lbs and I'm figuring on going with the standard foam, unless someone chimes in with more info. Their website says their standard foam is good for riders up to 240lbs.

Has anyone tried a softer or firmer foam?:ear
  18. cbolling

Oddometer:
    I an 6'1" 205 lbs with a 34" inseam.

I have about 100 miles on the seat so far. Way more comfortable than the stock seat.

It raises you up a bit and puts you a little farther back but I don't I don't feel the need for any risers.
  19. smolt

smolt Pike-dodging emigree

Oddometer:
    I recently bought crash bars and "skid plate" for my Versys. After some looking and reading I got the SW Motech parts. I didn't find an alternative to the Motech skid plate.
  20. Offcamber

Offcamber Long timer

Oddometer:
    I posted this in the Versys Forum but figured I try here in case someone is interested.

I'm trading my V in on a Super Tenere this Saturday. I have a Motowerk lowering kit on it with a flatfoot.

I will sell the lowering kit for $50 and trade you my shortened side stand with flat foot. Or just trade side stands....

The catch is I need the stock side stand by Friday. I'll ship my stand back to you the same way you ship yours to me....FedEx etc....If your interested PM me ASAP..