Need Wiring Diagram for Hella HID Micro DE Driving Lights

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Motor-110, May 12, 2009.

1. Motor-110

Motor-110 ...respect my Authoritah!

Oddometer:
    I have a set of the Hella's mounted on my GSA and I pulled them while rewiring it and other items, plus I was moving and swapping out relays and added a Fuzeblock. In the meantime, I can't get the Hella's back up and running, but can't find the wiring diagram to confirm my rewire was correct.

I have searched this site and the internet and can't seem to find it. For some reason if I go to the Hella website, the page times out and I don't get anything. May be a bad internet connection.

I am in a time crunch to get this corrected and get the bike back and running before I leave on a 6000 mile trip next week.

If you have it and can scan and forward, please do.... Elkhornss@mac.com. Also, if someone knows where on the internet to find it already posted that would be even better. All I can find is the diagrams for wiring fog lights, but these HIDs have ballasts which changes the equation.

Thanks in advance,

Mike
  2. NJ Moto

NJ Moto Glory Bound

Oddometer:
    Just because they're HID it doesn't change the equation. They're still wired the same as auxiliary/fog lights.

[​IMG]
  3. Motor-110

Motor-110 ...respect my Authoritah!

Oddometer:
    I think my problem has to deal with the fact that these have ballasts (two of them) and I had two relays within the previous wiring loom, one 30A and the other 70A.

Don't ask me why, if I knew I would fix it :D .

Thanks for the reply.
  4. NJ Moto

NJ Moto Glory Bound

Oddometer:
    I think that's where your problem is, you only need one relay for the lights. I'm guessing the other relay the 70 amp is for the fuse block of your previous setup and not needed for the lights.
  5. 1200gsceej

1200gsceej wanabee overachiever

Oddometer: