College Football 2012

Discussion in 'Sports' started by NativeSon, Dec 12, 2011.

1. ScottDill

ScottDill TANSTAAFL Supporter

Oddometer:
    USC , aTm and LSU would all be undefeated if they didn't play UF or each other. :augie

:hide
  2. ScottDill

Oddometer:
    Too bad, I thought that he was getting is act together. I guess its over now. :dunno.
  3. wiseanhyzer

wiseanhyzer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Oh Georgia is overrated! :lol3 Seriously. I just don't think UF is the #2 team in the country. They're probably top ten but not #2. IF Georgia upsets the Gators on Saturday then maybe they'd deserve the #10 spot they currently enjoy. We'll know who's more overrated by Saturday evening. I'm not counting on my Dawgs to impress anyone but I'd take it if that's what happens.
  4. docwells7

docwells7 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm never surprised by what happens in this game. The only confidence I have comes from the head to head with USCe. I think we get the edge if the rumors about wind conditions are true.
  5. wiseanhyzer

wiseanhyzer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Both home teams experienced a solid home field advantage with USCe. Georgia isn't as bad as they looked in Columbia and USCe isn't as bad as they looked in Gainesville. Plus, how many plays did Lattimore run against UF? How about UGA? He's their best weapon and he didn't play (basically) against Florida. IMO, the head to head with USCe doesn't mean much.
  6. docwells7

docwells7 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Then how about Kentucky?:ear
  7. k7

k7 “Retired x OCD”

Oddometer:
    Yep - too bad.

Link

BATON ROUGE, La. -- Tyrann Mathieu's chances of returning to LSU's football team took a serious hit Thursday when the 2011 Heisman Trophy finalist and three other former Tigers players were arrested on drug-related charges.

Mathieu and former LSU quarterback Jordan Jefferson were charged with simple possession of marijuana, the Baton Rouge police department said in a release.

Former Tigers linebacker Karnell Hatcher also was charged with simple possession while former defensive back Derrick Bryant faces the most serious charge of possession with intent to distribute and possession of drug paraphernalia, according to police spokesman Don Kelly.

Known as the "Honey Badger," Mathieu was kicked off the team in August for failing multiple drug tests. He returned to the school as a regular student, hoping to earn a second chance at returning to the team.

But Thursday's arrest greatly narrows the chances of such a return for Mathieu, who would have been a junior this year and was suspended last season for failing a drug test for synthetic marijuana.

According to the police report, officers found the marijuana in Mathieu's apartment Thursday afternoon. Mathieu answered the door, and officers "immediately smelled a strong odor of marijuana," the police report stated.

After Mathieu, 20, gave the police his consent to search the apartment, officers discovered a marijuana grinder, a digital scale and 10 bags of high-grade marijuana, including seven in Bryant's backpack, according to the report.

Police say they were called to the apartment complex after receiving a complaint about a man, who later was identified as the 22-year-old Jefferson, forcing his way through the security gate before going to Mathieu's apartment.​
  8. wiseanhyzer

wiseanhyzer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Then how about Vanderbilt? :ear

Florida has played well at home this year. I think home field advantage can be very big in the SEC. We played at USCe & at Kentucky. You had both teams in the swamp. That's no excuse for Georgia looking terrible against both teams and that's not what I'm here doing. Remember, I think UF is going to eat our lunch. ???? But that's not because I think the Gators are super impressive. It has tons more to do with my passive outlook on my own team.

:freaky
  9. ScottDill

Oddometer:
    That's an interesting perspective considering that Florida has already beaten 3 teams that are superior to Georgia (LSU, USCe and @aTm).

What about UTe? Florida played @Knoxville and still had a more dominating win than Georgia did against them in Athens. If Vandy was the only common opponent, I could see your point, but USCe, Kentucky and UTe say otherwise. :dunno

Georgia is capable of winning tomorrow, but make no mistake, it would be a significant upset.

Here's to a good game :freaky
  10. RLK

RLK KLR VFR

Oddometer:
    What is this? High school?

Friday nights are for HS football. Can't go tonight to AF vs the other Nevada. Worksucks. I hate missing it because both 'Rents are kinda hobbled up and i'm their cheerleader/spotter, they probably won't go either. I think the whole point of having a friday game is because some 3rd rate cable channel wants some quality content and the athletic director's baby needs new shoes. I'm ok with Navy at 0935 for the Big Deal CBS does mostly about Army and Navy. Playing The other Nevada for the Mountain Molehill Network is stupid. The stadium will be pretty empty. I hope the team shows up.

GO FALCONS!!
  11. Linzi

Linzi Long timer

Oddometer:
    Blah blah blah.

Florida by 14+. :1drink
  12. Bubwheat

Bubwheat Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    What's really too bad, is that 59% of the USA wants marijuana decriminalized and taxed, and police departments are wasting time and resources ruining the lives of young people.
  13. docwells7

docwells7 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Amen. But if you get this thread punted to CS&M God help you...:lol3
  14. Bubwheat

Bubwheat Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Maybe they'll overlook an old pseudo-intellectual, posting from under a bridge...one can only hope! :evil
  15. Albie

Albie Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer:
    I'm really amazed that AR has a medical marijuana bill on the ballot. I doubt it will pass though. Still too much of a bible belt mentality here.
  16. spanky

spanky Well, maybe....

Oddometer:
    It's the power of TV. TV money, that is and yes, it sucks.

It was 17 frickin' degrees there by the 4thQ. As much as I love the AFA football program there's no way I'd want to go to concrete Falcon stadium and freeze my arse off when I can watch in the comfort of my own home.
  17. Kurt

Kurt Long timer

Oddometer:
    Go Vols!
  18. Jurgen

Jurgen CysHeteroPatriarch

Oddometer:
    UNM hosts Fresno State today. I'm nervous for them. I don't think they match up well. Could get trounced... but, it also could be a real feather in their cap if they pull out a win. Senior QB (and designated passer) BR Holbrook is probably out with a concussion. True Freshman QB will be getting the start.

Tulane hosts UAB today. Hopefully Tulane plays to their potential and gets their second win of the season.
  19. Linzi

Linzi Long timer

Oddometer:
    7-7 at the end of the first. Can Dooley save his ass?
  20. ScottDill

Oddometer:
    They never should have fired Fulmer :deal

Spurrier will pull this one out.....I think....