SPIDI gear for ADVrider (any doubt we are the best?)

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Spidi - on track, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Spidi - on track

Spidi - on track Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hi Peter,
    I forwarded your request to my collegues in Spidi, and I'm happy to confirm you this;

- Yeah, you can equip the Thorax Warrior protector to the Multitech Armor. It uses in facts the very same attachments of the stock Chest Protector.

- You can also equip the Lev.2 Warrior Back protector in place of the stock Lev.1.

About the the sizing, if you were more comfortable with the L size on the Hard Track jacket, you will for sure find the L size to be the best solution even for the Multitech Armor. Than you'll still be able to perfectly adjust your weist volumes using the Velcros on each side of the Multitech Armor.

Of course you'll have to figure out what kind of riding will you be doing while using the jacket, since they are a very different kind of products.

Hard Track is a 360° touring jacket, featuring a removable H2Out waterproof/windproof and breathable membrane, as well as a removable thermo lining on the inside; Multitech Armor is a mesh jacket performing great on hot climates, but without any protection against rain and windchill.

[​IMG]

Thank for your interest

Matteo De Vito
    Spidi Marketing Dept
    Vicenza - Italy

To stay updated over Spidi new products, like! > http://www.facebook.com/spidisport __________________
  2. pklop

pklop Motorcycle addict

Oddometer:
    Thank you very much for this information Matteo.
    I'll like the idea of the Multitech Armor jacket instead of a typical pressure suit / body protector, especially with the armor upgrades i mentioned.

If there are possibilities to upgrade the shoulder (or elbow) armor also, please let me know. This because i don't understand the difference, in terms of protection, between the three armors you carry: the multitech, forcetech and biomechanic. The shoulder armor could perhaps be made bigger with the biomechanic, although i don't think these shall fit the jacket.

I understand the need for an additional outer shell (jacket) for colder/wetter weather comfort.
    I already have some jackets but perhaps i should order a Hard Track without the liners and armor (just the outer shell) to go with the upgraded Multitech. If that's at all possible.
    And you also have the Rain Chest h2out Underjacket as one of the possibilities for cold/wind resistance (during summer).

Anyhow,
    I'll think about it some more but believe i will pull the trigger on this one (the multitech jacket) soon.

By the way; i ordered your new Biomechanic Belt a few weeks ago online. I like it's elasticity. That makes it very comfortable. More so than others i tried (it's more elastic than others.

kind regards,

Peter
  3. pklop

pklop Motorcycle addict

Oddometer:
    Good day Matteo,

Today i managed to find a Multitech Jacket in the store of a dealer of your products. They had (only) the size L we talked about. Unfortunately it didn't fit right. It didn't fit snug. The sleeves were long enough and the elbow armor at the correct location. But the position of the armor for the shoulders was not right. The position was below my shoulders. So the top of the shoulders were exposed.

They didn't have a size smaller (M) to try on. I think that with size M the sleeves could be too short and i wonder if it would mean that the elbow armor will be positioned to high (in size M) because now it was just perfect at the elbows (in size L).

I had the same problem with your Defender Armor that i wanted to buy a few months back. The shoulder-armor where positioned to low (i wanted the170/80) and even with the smaller sizes (the 160/170) this didn't change enough. In the end i bought the Defender Back&Chest 170/180 instead and combined it with a dainese shirt with armor in the shoulders and elbows.

Because of that experience i'm reluctant to go forward with this. I will first try to find a size M somewhere.
    Do you know if the M jacket is al few centimeters narrower in the shoulders than the L? If it is perhaps this could make that the armor doesn't go to far past my shoulders as it did now.

regards,

Peter
  4. Tedali

Tedali n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi Matteo,

First of all I have to commend you for your professionalism and your continuous willingness to respond to all queries addresses to you. It is not a common attitude of many vendors especially not in my country :1drink
    I am very much interested in purchasing the Ergo 365 Pro Expedition Suit. I have two questions please:

1- Are you making any improvements to this model this year? In other threads, few owners have highlighted some problems with wet sleeves after rain (waterproofness of the outer shell) though they were satisfied in general.
    2- I cannot find the Ergo 365 Pro at the local dealer to try on. They only order on request but they have a Marathon suit and the size that fitted me was XL. Can I assume that the same size would be suitable for me with the Ergo 365 suit (pants+jacket)?

Thank you for your advice

Toufik
  5. nikoktm

nikoktm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Stuck far, far away, who knows for how long.
    Hi Mateo,

I'm wondering if you can assit me.
    I order a Spidi Ergo pro H2out pants from Motostorm. I just check on the size chart and acording to that I will fit on the "L" ones. The guys from Motostorm recommend me size "XL". I'm 1.79 cm tall and my waist is 97 1/2. Usually I wear jeans size 34.
    Also I'm thinking in order the Spidi rain Salopette. Do I need to order those ones on size "XL" as well? I'm also order the Ergo 365 Pro Expedition in size XL.

Mateo, any advise will be highly appreciated!
  6. pklop

pklop Motorcycle addict

Oddometer:
    I agree to some degree :eek:)
    It's nice to have someone within Spidi to talk to.
    Spidi stands (imo) for (quality) technical riding gear. Reading through this thread i see some technical questions where ignored, or perhaps i should say there are some half-answered questions. Is that a fair assessment? That doesn't negate the fact that it's very good from Matteo to be us of service here. I think we all find this very valuable. So i agree (to some degree :eek:).

Matteo i have arranged a smaller Multitech Jacket through one of your dealers in order to try one out.

Kind regards,

Peter
  7. Spidi - on track

Oddometer:
    Hi Adventurers, I'm sorry to reply just now. Got very very busy lately.
    Here are the reply you were waiting foro. Let start from Peter:

- Peter - Glad you were able to arrange a fitting for Multutech Armor size M. I believe you'll be comfortable in it. Plus you'll easily adjust it to your body sizes using Velcros and fastening featured on the Multitech.

- Toufik -What you're talking about is due to the material of the inner side of the outer shell's sleeves. As you know, the outer shell of the ERGO is taylored with a 3layers polyammide fabric which is water repellent treated. This feature, as well as the presence of the H2Out waterproof/breathable membrane on the inside of the jacket, offers an incomparable rain protection to the jacket. Due to the riding needs, and the freedom of movement that is request to such a jacket, we preferred using a single layer -hi tenacy- fabric on that very part of the sleeves. This soluition doesn't affect at all the waterproofness of the ERGO. You might just notice the outer fabric to get a little wet, but on the inside it'll be 100% dry. Of course this is something it'll only happen after several hours under an heavy rain, and won't affect in any way your riding experience.
    About the sizing, if you felt good on the XL Marathon, you'll also find the XL to be the right size for the Ergo as well.

- NikoKtm- Hi Nico, how are you? I think you should go for the XL too. Remember you'll always have the possibility to adjust the protector's position to fit your body. About the Rain Salopette, i recommend to get the XL too.

Thank for your interest

Matteo De Vito
    Spidi Marketing Dept
    Vicenza - Italy
  8. koraed77

koraed77 Traveller

Oddometer:
    Hi Matteo,

This is Peter.
    Could you please help me to choose a jacket with great ventilation but also with the good abrasion resistance.

I realize that Ergo 365 is the best for now in terms of abrasion, tear & etc. resistance and it's even CE 13395 certified.
    But I really like the Netforce which has more ventilation features and will be really cool in hot Moscow weather. And as far as I understand it has Tenax reinforcements in impact areas.

I'd like to find out more about this tenax fabric. Is it possible to see any test results on abrasion resistance for Tenax?

Is it possible to compare Netforce to Step-In Ride Jacket for abrasion resistance? Especially in impact areas? Leather vs Tenax?

And the last question - do you think that Hard Track will be more abrasion resistant than Netforce? WHat about ventilation? Is it as good as in Ergo 365?

Look forward to hearing from you.
    Thanks!

9. Spidi - on track

Oddometer:
    Peter, you put so many points to compare, it's better for me to give you a ranking in terms of abrasion resistance, top to bottom:
    1. Ergo 365 Pro (Certified Level 2)
    2. Sep in ride
    3. Hard track
    4. Netforce

Level of ventilation, top to bottom:
    1.Netforce
    2. Ergo 365 Pro
    3. Hard Track
    4. Step in ride

Thanks for your interest

Matteo De Vito
    Spidi Marketing Dept
    Vicenza - Italy

To stay updated over Spidi new products, like! > http://www.facebook.com/spidisport
  10. koraed77

koraed77 Traveller

Oddometer:
    Hi Matteo,

Thanks a lot for all this information!
    I was at the Moscow Dealer and looked at the jackets. I already have Vertigo air boots and I like a lot. Now I'm thinking about a Spidi jacket. Unfortunately they only had one big size of Ergo Expedition no Ergo pro. And after all the reviews and your advice I think that Ergo pro would be the best option for the combination of the best abrasion resistance and good ventilation. I'll be in LA at the end of the month and I hope to find the Ergo there.
    Do you know of any big MOTO stores in LA where I can definitely find this jacket?

Again, thanks a lot for your help.

Peter
  11. Spidi - on track

Oddometer:
  12. Hrimfaxi

Hrimfaxi On/Off n00b

Oddometer:
    Any idea where in Denmark I can try out the Ergo 365? The only dealer in Denmark (listed from your "Store-Locator) is NOT responding on mail, is on the far side of Denmark (from Copenhagen) and does not seem to carry anything else than bikes - no clothing on their website.
    Would like to try the size out before I spend 999 Euro on a jacket :)

Best regards

Peter Kier
  13. Spidi - on track

Oddometer:
    Hi Peter,
    if you give me your email on a PM, I can send you a size chart to be filled with your measures. This way I can have a check and communicate you the best size choice for your body.

Thanks for your attention.

Matteo De Vito
    Spidi Marketing Dept
    Vicenza - Italy
  14. koraed77

koraed77 Traveller

Oddometer:
    Hi Matteo,

That's Peter again. Could you please tell me if it's possible to buy just an Ergo 365 Pro jacket in Ice color - without pants? I mean on the Spidi website when I open The Ergo Pro Jacket the only color choice is black. And the ice version could be found only if you choose to buy a suit...but I'd love to buy only the jacket so far...and in light color. Do you think it's possible?
    Thank you.

Peter
  15. JiTe

JiTe Flying Finn

Oddometer:
    Another question to Matteo, this time from Finland.
    I'm interested of your Hard Track suit. My questions are: do those trouser legs fit over boots since i dont like to wear them inside my boots and have rainwater going in. Same with sleeves, will they fit over gloves and does that material keep its shape after couple of months? Dont want it to start to flap around since there is no straps or anything to tighten them around your wrist. Cheers.
  16. Spidi - on track

Oddometer:
    PM sent
  17. Spidi - on track

Oddometer:
    Hi JiTe

[​IMG]

The Hard Track trousers have a 2-layers construction:
    >the external shield is water-repellent polyammide
    >the internal is a removable H2Out Waterproof Breathable membrane, lined with a comfort mesh as you can see here
    [​IMG]

For your best comfort, you can insert the waterproof membrane inside boots or get it over the boots,
    thanks to a wide stretch opening and a zoom-type length
    [​IMG]

Same for sleeves, where elastic cuff will help you to mange them over gloves.

Click here for more info on Spidi Hard Track Suit

Matteo De Vito
    Spidi Marketing Dept
    Vicenza - Italy
  18. JiTe

JiTe Flying Finn

Oddometer:
    Thanks for your swift reply Matteo. Suit is definately very tempting to me. There is still issue with those knitted cuffs that are worrying me. You probably have thought about capillary affect and stopping water getting into gloves? Also wondering about lifespan of that cuff. Will it keep its elastisity after constant streching whilst fitting gloves over and over again? With design and practicality point in view, would you say that your suit will work as good in our scandinavian weather as it does in southern europe?
  19. Spidi - on track

Oddometer:
    JiTe,

cuffs in Hard Track jacket are not in natural material (like cotton), they are polyammide so that means they keep size in time and not absorb water.
    In terms of protection to cold, be aware Hard Track is a 4 season jacket with removable aluminum 200g liner, but the external shield 3-layers polyammide fabric is quite light in terms of weight. That said, it all depends from when you use it. For lowest temperatures, we recommend other models such as Ergo 365 Pro (whose external shield is thicker and heavier) or the all new Spidi Super GT, that we're soon going to show off in this forum.

Matteo De Vito
    Spidi Marketing Dept
    Vicenza - Italy
  20. BSH

BSH n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi Matteo,
    I've just applied to Vittoria, and she advised you will not be able to deliver your gear to Russia.
    Is there a chance you could make an exclusion for this board members please?
    Thanks in advance.
    Boris in Moscow