Adventure in Ohio?

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by somecallmetim, Nov 14, 2003.

1. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
    She looks good on that bike. :clap
  2. sangfroid

sangfroid Long timer

Oddometer:
    :clap

BEAN

PS Sherry says congratulations!
  3. ArmyJoe

ArmyJoe Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi, all. I've been lurking for a while, but finally have a reason to post. I bought a Yamaha WR250R today, a 2008 with only 225 miles. :clap

I've had a motorcycle license for a little over two years and my riding has mostly been on a Can Am Spyder (me on The Dragon below). I'm pretty outdoorsy and like mountain biking and backpacking, but my riding friends have either quit or switched to road bikes and my wife no longer likes sleeping on the ground. I've always wanted a small two-wheeler and saw Swingset talking about dual sports on another forum. I eventually want a V-Strom, but decided to follow his advice to get something smaller and "ride the piss out of it."

I live in the northwest Columbus, between Dublin and Hilliard. I love riding just for the sake of riding, so I'm really looking forward to phototag. In my spare time, I'm a Warrant Officer in the Army Reserve, so I like anything to do with military history, too. Here's a write-up of my trip to Gettysburg, my first road trip on the Spyder.

I'm waiting for the original owner to pay off his lien and mail me the title, so I'll probably be a few weeks before I can venture out on the WRR. But I'm looking forward to meeting others and sharing new adventures.

Thanks,
    Joe

PS - I know there's a couple of LEOs here... Is it legal for me to ride the WRR if I have the bill of sale, insurance, but it's still registered to someone else?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. Whitey1

Whitey1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Welcome Joe, what a clean bike with low miles.

It is only illegal if you get caught riding would be my guess.
  5. buildit

buildit Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer:
    Welcome to the madness Joe. :clap

Tonight I was reminded why I liked the 426 so much. My neighbors kids were out riding on their 92 acres tonight and I decided to stop over with the KLR to see what they had. Just a bunch of 80's and 100cc pit bikes. But it takes a kid sometimes to remind you how cool a KLR is. :lol3 So not to disappoint I brought the 426 over to ride their track which is about five of my yards long. Once I got the beast warmed up I started cracking the throttle and wheeling the bike kicking dust everywhere. Then I was in fourth pullin hard on a straight, making it across the field in no time flat in time to break for the turn into the next field. For my grand exit I was popping the front up acrossed a small ravine only letting the rear touch on either side.
    I got home just as it was getting dark and realized why I liked that bike so much. It can scare the bejesus out of you with torque and speed but it's so light and flickable to a big guy like me. I know there aren't a lot of places to ride that bike as is, but IF I get the stator and the bike is back to spec, well. I just don't know now. :cry

Also, anyone with old size small or medium helmets or gloves that are about to go into the trash, please let me know. These kids don't have any gear so if you have something that is no longer of use let me know and I'll try to set up a time/ place I can pick it up for them. I'm sure they'd greatly appreciate it. :clap I'm thinking I'll finally have a use for the discount area of IP to pick them up some basics so their fun stays fun.
  6. Sparkster

Sparkster Live seriously.

Oddometer:
    Illegal.
  7. flashover604

flashover604 tailgunner

Oddometer:
    I'm leaning towards trying the K60s or Super Explorers. We'll see. I have to find out who sells em.
  8. mpenner

mpenner Heavy Cruiser

Oddometer:
    Nice! Congrats.

I guess this means that I can buy the Tenere directly from EJV in couple of years without waiting for it to go through you first. :lol3
  9. nconoan

nconoan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Welcome Joe! I'm pretty new here too, but I just met some of the guys on the Reservations Required ride, good people around here. Nice choice on the WR too. My buddy back home rides the same bike, and it's a fine piece of machinery. I'm not too far from ya (I'm going to school in Oxford), if your looking for people to ride with, just shoot me a PM and we could meet halfway or something.

Welcome!
  10. ironbuttwannabe

ironbuttwannabe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Welcome Armyjoe. I'm right around you this weekend playing softball tournament at hilliard park.
  11. dragoon

dragoon I'm the REAL Dingo Joe

Oddometer:
    Welcome Joe :thumb Can't wait to take a spin on the Can-Am:D
  12. Devil Dog

Devil Dog Q-Tip With Ears

Oddometer:
    That's awsome, Dox! :thumb
    Tell Mrs. Dox we said hi :wave
  13. disabledvet

disabledvet Adventurer

Oddometer:
    the view here is abysmal at best the pollution,heavy truck traffic,and so on.
    try california i here its good there.my last ride down to mohican the smog was so thick
    i could hardly breath.
    later
    r90/6
    vermilion ohio
  14. 'Flagger

'Flagger ..this space for rent..

Oddometer:
    :hmmmmm

Did I miss a turn in the conversation?

:dunno
  15. Whitey1

Whitey1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Im confused as hell too, I didn't think Mohigan had smog. FOG, yes, and it does get humid here.
  16. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    Yes but -

With a bill of sale, he can get a temp tag until the title comes through; then he would be legit.
  17. MeefZah

MeefZah -------------

Oddometer:
    Maybe he's mentallydisabledvet?
  18. dragoon

dragoon I'm the REAL Dingo Joe

Oddometer:
    He has an R90/6 so he's good in my book :thumb
  19. MrFurious

MrFurious Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That explains it all right there. :lol3
  20. SCQTT

SCQTT Zwei Kolben

Oddometer:
    New guy, first time living in central OH for 20 years. (originally from Columbus)

Live in the Sparta / Fredericktown area, work in NE Columbus.

Ride a little bit of everything.