XR650R Thread!

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by JustinT, Nov 24, 2008.

1. supernick

supernick Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  2. ZXRaziel

ZXRaziel Long timer

Oddometer:
    Grey skyes and rain of Good old England ( NEast)
    + 1 for this ^^^
  3. klausalz

klausalz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Anyone got an idea where to find a used RAD cush hub or similar? Can one order spare rubbers? :1drink
  4. crypto666

crypto666 Long timer

Oddometer:

I am not sure what you just said, but I am guessing you are talking about the radiator mount rubbers? You should be able to order those. IF not, should be easy to make as well.
  5. PineyMountainRacing

PineyMountainRacing Oops....

Oddometer:
    I think he's referring to RAD hubs, with the cush drive. Pretty sure you can get replacement rubber
  6. klausalz

klausalz Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Right... :huh
    "b" and "n" are too close... sorry. :evil

Yep, was talking about those (got it edited now). There is no cheaper alternative - or is there?

Thanks!
  7. brapp-alot-puss

brapp-alot-puss Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just got off the phone with Kyle at ElectroSport after waiting for him to call me back from last week. He never called and they are amazingly hard to get in touch with! Anyway, my tail light bulb from the kit imploded within the lense and I need to replace it but have no idea what to get. He claims they never made kits even though I have all the instructions and directions with their name on it? Well here I am needing a damn bulb and have no idea what to get. Any suggestions? (yes, I already combed through the literature I have, to no avail) :D.
  8. medisyn

medisyn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Does there exist a mirror(s) that I can get on my XR that wont blow back at 75mph? I have a double take and its impossible to get it to stay. The lower mount ball is loose in the housing and moves. The RAM clamp is solid and does not move. Once I go fast, the mirror becomes only good at looking at my arm. I love the doubletake, if it would stay still!
  9. slickwill

slickwill Exhiled

Oddometer:
  10. dogsslober

dogsslober No neck tie, Ti neck

Oddometer:
  11. painkilla

painkilla MeTaL HeD

Oddometer:
    my locknut washer for front sprocket ,ie the inside groves had worn resulting in huge amounts of lateral movement of the sprocket , this caused the chain to rub against the frame resulting in a snapped chain . bike had 15000 miles/20000km's
  12. Shibby!

Shibby! Long timer

Oddometer:
    Same issue here.

Not sure if it was rubbing on my frame though?

I partially blame it on the sprockets I was using. We'll leave them unnamed for the time being (I named them earlier in this thread).

New one is about 8-10$.
  13. lstzephyr

lstzephyr Solo con rambo

Oddometer:
    Take a close look at your cam chain, adjuster and sliders. There is a front and rear slider. My rear slider, cam chain and adjuster were trash and caused the same sound you are describing.

If you still have the stock fender and tail light cover. I would recommend one of these. http://xr650r.blogspot.com/2012/09/drc-led-fender-light-insert.html

Mine has worked fine for almost 3 years and has been through a bit. It was getting dim so I checked it and the only thing wrong was that the entire taillight was full of dust from the desert and mexico. It is a good light.
  14. Trl Rdr

Trl Rdr Big Red Bird

Oddometer:
    I thought Baja Designs bought out Electrosport's DS lighting parts. I think my taillight is an 1157 bulb..
  15. RZRob

RZRob Long timer

Oddometer:
    I was just in there today. I work just down the street from there. Kyle's a good guy, but it's just Kyle and a couple other folks inside the place. Chances are the light was just something branded that they never really made. I would think the bulb itself could be analyzed and a replacement found. Post a pic of what's left or go look at ProCycle's website and see if you can ID it. How did it "implode"?

RZ Rob
  16. Dread Pendragon

Dread Pendragon Tragic Donkey Throttler

Oddometer:
    I noticed the rubber ball mounts on my Ram mount were crushed/distorted after I cranked it down enough to hold the hard plastic on the end of the Double Take mirror. Actually it still wasn't holding. As soon as I got going fast enough the wind would push them back. It seems like it's just that the end of the mirror segment is just very hard plastic that the ram system can't find enough friction to hold it. So I decided to try dipping those hard plastic ends in rubber
    [​IMG]

I did 3 dips (dip-dry, dip-dry, dip-dry), but I think just dipping it once will do the job. I set them up a tiny bit forward of where I wanted them. The wind pushed them back a bit. Now they're perfect. They stay put, but will still move when impacted.
  17. brapp-alot-puss

brapp-alot-puss Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Just seemed a bit odd that I have all the paperwork leading in that direction yet he says they never made anything but stators and such. I am not really too sure how to figure it out the one I have now (Sylvania 7506) lights the lens and plate but I get no brake light actuation. I donr thinks he is stonewalling me or lying just not sure how to figure it out. To answer your question: my light wqasnt working at all so when my friend took the lens off it was the socket still plugged in and a bunch of glass dust that used to be the bulb. Found the bottom of the suspension a couple of times :rofl.
  18. atravlr

atravlr www.atasecuretravel.com

Oddometer:
    I have these KTM mirrors on my XR, I purchased through http://motoscience.mybisi.com/product/ktm-oem-folding-mirror-243-or-280mm
  19. medisyn

medisyn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  20. PeteN95

PeteN95 Long timer

Oddometer: