MOTUS: New Sport Tourer built in Alabama

Discussion in 'Road Warriors' started by Reverend12, Sep 23, 2009.

1. univibe88

univibe88 Long timer

Oddometer:
    They are in NY tonight.. Jump on the bike and get riding!
  2. gixxersteph

gixxersteph Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Boxer-Lust you do realize that this isn't the final product, but a prototype - like it says on the side?
    The bike is being paraded for feedback, from more than just one blue and white propeller head. I think one should wait to see the final product before passing judgement.

FWIW - I've had 4 BMWs and am happy to look at and have bought something else - my experiences weren't all rosy.
  3. RAGBrian

RAGBrian jonesing for a ride

Oddometer:
    I wish...the bike is at home in the garage. :cry I have to drive a "rental cage". I will be driving it back to NY when I fly out to go back home in a couple of weeks.

As for the price of these bikes, I gotta think that the first ones will be priced at a point where they will sell all of them, because the ones that can afford it will buy it, and those of us that can't or won't.... will be pissing off valuable time trying to figure out what they think it will retail for.

I gotta think a guy like Jay Leno already has his order in for at least one. Probably a bunch of others have pre-ordered as well.

Just my $25k. :lol3
  4. univibe88

univibe88 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I agree. They are quoting 200 units. That's not much. There are easily 200 "Jay Lenos" out there who will buy one at nearly any price point while they try to figure out the scale of their market and where to really price it.
  5. Glenngineer

Glenngineer Scooty Puff Sr.

Oddometer:

Brian said there was no production target - volume or price - last night.
  6. univibe88

univibe88 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Really? I heard him say they are targeting 20 dealers and they have the finances in order to produce 200 units.
  7. xtop20A

xtop20A Banned

Oddometer:
    anybody that does not know that motus will sell at, $25,000+, all they can build,in what will obviously be limited numbers is
    ignorant/stupid/blind/retarded,sorry if i hurt yer feelings .. whatever you want to call it.there are plenty of riders waiting with this coin.now... to sell thousands at this price will be a bit harder
    edit:i quoted but wasnt calling names to any particular or this quote
  8. univibe88

univibe88 Long timer

Oddometer:
    :cry:cry:cry:cry:cry
    :rofl

No doubt it will be a premium priced product. No way around it at those production levels.
  9. DynaSport

DynaSport Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My guess is that the bike will be in the price range of the Multistrada 1200, maybe a bit more. I'd be ok with that.
  10. RedRocket

RedRocket Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately I think your price estimate will be low. I think it'll definitely be in the $ 20k+ range, considering the low production level. I'm sure there are plenty of Americans willing to step up and pay for an American designed and built bike like this. By plenty I mean somewhere between 200 to 1000 per year.
  11. DynaSport

Oddometer:
    When I said the Multistrada 1200 I should have been more specific. The Multistrada Touring S model is $19,995 if I am not mistaken.
  12. kirb

kirb should be out riding

Oddometer:
    They are already discussing selling a MST and MST-R with the 'R' being the high spec model.
  13. Dan GSR

Dan GSR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    sat one one today, i like it, but honestly it has to be 20k for the base model for me to really justify it, otherwise i'll just get a multistrada
  14. DesmoDog

DesmoDog Desmo was my dog. RIP big guy.

Oddometer:
    Biplane? BIPLANE?! The Red Baron flew a Fokker TRIplane for cripe sakes. That was the defining feature that made it cool! Snoopy flew the biplane.

As for exhaust, I kinda doubt they'll go with an aftermarket company for their production exhaust, especailly if it has a converter in it. I'd be surprised of any of the aftermarket companies were even set up to do the required testing, let alone the facilities to certify the bike was legal.
  15. R59

R59 they call me Rocker

Oddometer:
    ...as his last plane.

His first victories came in Albatros D.II, Albatros D.III, Albatros D.V aircraft.

It was the end of 1917 before he was flying the Fokker Dr.I

:deal
  16. DynaSport

Oddometer:
    When I sat on the Motus in Daytona and talked to the Motus guys, I commented that I didn't expect the production bikes to have a Two Brothers exhaust. I was told that they were working with Two Guys and it was likely the production bike would have a Two Brothers exhaust on it.
  17. DesmoDog

Oddometer:

But what is the iconic plane the Red Baron is associated with? Ducati won their first races with valve springs, and built bikes with valve springs up until about 1980, but no one seems to care at this point.

Anyway, quit confusing things with the facts. This is the INTERNET for cripesakes!
  18. DesmoDog

Oddometer:
    That's surprising... and interesting that he'd say "likely". It's got to be getting a little late in the game to not have that ironed out. Though I suppose for limited production there's a bit more leeway in timing. And I'm hearing that small manufacturers don't have to meet tier 2 emissions so that simplifies things a bit too.
  19. FlyingFinn

FlyingFinn Long timer

Oddometer:
    Two Brothers makes just about the worst quality after-market "mufflers", I REALLY hope Motus is not going to use that junk. Either much better quality stuff from 2-Bros or another supplier altogether. I'd hope for the latter.

--
    Mikko
  20. Suncoast

Suncoast Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl Ya gotta be careful here this place is full of experts in everything!!!