Indiana Ride Thread

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by tpar1220, Jan 2, 2009.

1. oPAULo

oPAULo jack of all terrain Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well it's not raining now and radar looks like it's pushing away. We'll see.
    Where you wanna ride?? Bring woodsrat with ya too!!
  2. tpar1220

tpar1220 such a pud..

Oddometer:
    if conditions allow, i would like to hit woods again. but don't feel like slippin n slidin all over the place. if the woods thing don't work out... don't have anything in mind.

hopefully the trails dry up enough, if not.... we got a few days to come up with something.

and i am sure woodsrat is lurking, he always seems to be busy with something. not sure if he wants to hit woods all day or not. if he does he will pm me. hopefully he does, i enjoy riding with him. and his 225 seems to be working out for him nicely (except for the seat :lol3).
  3. oPAULo

Oddometer:
    SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY
    Let's ride
  4. TooSlow4U

TooSlow4U 2 Wheel Wonder Rider

Oddometer:
    Oh, don't let a lil' rain stop you. You're gonna get wet and muddy anyways! :D

I'm sitting here in upstate NY at the moment. Hopped on and rode the Fizzy 12 1/2 hours non stop yesterday to get here. 4 1/2 of those hours were ridden in the cold, pouring rain! Guys, there's even snow on the sides of the roads in western NY still when I rode through there yesterday. Needless to say I spent the night last night camped out next to a heater here in the house getting dried out and warmed up. Ready to ride again this morning though. :lol3
  5. KneeKicker

KneeKicker Long timer

Oddometer:

I'm out for the weekend, I was doing ok until I took the kids to the Childrens Museum,too much walking around. Back to work next week and I kinda need my foot.

I'm gonna hobble around at the gun show in Seymour tommorow and that's about it for my weekend.
  6. gtackett

gtackett Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Did you have to turn down all that toasty warm gear down to keep from getting too hot?
  7. oPAULo

Oddometer:
    "NEWS REPORT"

An Indiana man was found electrocuted to death in upstate NewYork today during a heavy rainstorm. His hands were still clutching the handlebars. Friends mourned but said "He died doing what he loved even though he wasn't much good at it"..................:lol3 :lol3 :D

Have fun up there Frank. Bring me some Glaziers hotdogs.
  8. TooSlow4U

Oddometer:
    Nope...it actually worked out good and glad that the wiring have some good insulation on 'em. Had the thermostat cranked to the max and it was *just* enough to keep the water around my fingers warm and not turning to ice. The leather gloves were absolutely saturated. Hope they get dried out by Monday morning for the trip home. Supposed to be snowing here when I leave to head west. :D

Havin' fun so far. And what are Glaziers hotdogs? Never heard of 'em.
  9. oPAULo

Oddometer:
    Ask around. If nobody's heard of them, your not quite "upstate" yet. Your still central. :lol3
  10. oPAULo

Oddometer:
    Well it's been raining here pretty good all morning and still raining. It's all Ricks foots fault. Idunno. Gotta blame somebody.:D

The woods will be a mess. Anyone got any other ideas??
  11. gtackett

Oddometer:
    Anyone ride yesterday.....while I was mowing and doing yard work?

Was this the weekend for that ride starting in Brownstown and heading South?
  12. TooSlow4U

Oddometer:
    Ya, I rode to work and back home. Does that count? :D
  13. gtackett

Oddometer:
    If I'm going to live vicariously through others rides, I'll need a little more exciting ride than that!
  14. oPAULo

Oddometer:
    The boy and I rode over and watched Frank work. Then took the back roads home.

A group went down to the machinegun shoot yesterday. Maybe some pics will show up.
  15. gtackett

Oddometer:
    Yeah, machine gun....that sounds right. I haven't ridden much South of Brownstown, I'd like to hear about (and see!) some of those roads.
  16. KneeKicker

KneeKicker Long timer

Oddometer:
    The machine gun shoot was a good time. I served a few years in the Army and got to fire some pretty cool weapons,but it never gets old seeing full autos in action.

:gun2

I heard from Tparr,Roaddad,and Woodsrat, they all made it home but got wet in the process. Alex and I made it without hitting any rain,we would have got wet but wasn't up to this crossing. I tried to tell him I would ride across and he could walk:wink: but he wasn't going for that.

[​IMG]
  17. alpiv

alpiv Sr. nOOb

Oddometer:
    I Know that bike! That's RoadSIS.....
    Looks like you've given it some new color!
  18. KneeKicker

KneeKicker Long timer

Oddometer:

Krylon Fusion, recommended by 8 out of 10 KLR owners
  19. tpar1220

tpar1220 such a pud..

Oddometer:
    woodsrat invited roaddad, platterdr/alex and myself to join him in riding to louisville area for annual machine gun shoot. we went last year but it was rained out. this year... the weather was great, and the turnout for this event was huge!

we followed woodsrat all the way down.. some pavement..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

abd some without pavement..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

some stuff we had to re group and figure out how to get around..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

which was big fun till some wild ass vine shit grabbed a hold of me in woods, couldn't get kick stand down... couldn't get that shit off right boot either!:huh

took a while to get free, but we all made it thru..

once at shoot, we get front row parking... right in mud hole.. :lol3:lol3

[​IMG]

and this is first thing we see after parking..

[​IMG]

some other cool military vehicles..

[​IMG]

these things were all over, being used like atv's..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

once inside we checked out all kinds of guns.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and this is the kinda wimmins ya meet at a machine gun shoot..

[​IMG]

that pic was actually one i took last year, it's just that it was so packed there this year it would have been a pain to try to get pics of everything... there was always someone walkin into or in front of ya. :ddog

i got some video of shoot itself but you tube is givin me grief. i will get em up asap..

on way home we split up some damn where south of brownstown, jerry and rick went one way and tim and i went north... tryin to beat rain...

[​IMG]

as you can see... i didn't make it. started in nashville.... a lil, then cut loose in morgantown, freakin monsoon in martinsville. :topes

i didn't bother with rainsuit, was about 20 miles from house when it started and didn't wanna stop... just toughed it out. but at least my bike is fairly clean now.. :thumb

oh well, lil rain never hurt anyone. had a great time guys, thanks for lettin me tag along.
  20. jscompto

jscompto Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    sounds like you guys had a blast! i'll have to look at possibly headin down with you all next year. looks like a cool place to learn about some neat shit. sucks you got some rain, but like you said, the bike looks pretty clean! :clap