Kriega USA Luggage Q&A

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by amanlikemike, Apr 2, 2012.

1. bomber60015

bomber60015 Hold fast Supporter

Oddometer:
    I"ve been using my R15 for the better part of three years . . . . it's my go to work backpack, and has protected my laptop in some fairly homeric thunderstorms . . . . combined with a US-10 sgtrapped to the back, laptop, work papers, and an extra fleece sweater and gloves (weather is highly variable round here) are all ready at any time -- this has allowed me to commute without bags on the bike . . . .

Other than the heretofor white lettering on the pack being slightly dirty looking, there's nothing to tip you off that it's not new outa the box . . .

Given the length of service this thing has already given, it's close to being the biggest motorcycle gear bargain of my lifetime . . .

If anyone is on the fence, just buy whatever you are considering -- you'll be pleased, and life is too short to overthink stuff ;-}
  2. traveltoad

traveltoad Aaron S

Oddometer:
    Exactly.
  3. NuckaMan

NuckaMan Space Available

Oddometer:
    By no means am I brand loyalist to anything, especially when it's simply based a brand name only, but for luggage stuff, Kriega is where I look first.

I travel alot for both work and pleasure (more for work unfortunately) and if there is one thing I have learned over the multi-millions of miles I have logged is definitely invest in good luggage and good pair of comforable shoes.

Cause sore and uncomfortable feet and a busted strap/zipper makes life on the road a little harder than it needs to be.
  4. Droptarotter

Droptarotter Long timer

Oddometer:

Totally agree with this! I replaced my Camelback with the 15 also!

Hey, you should put the Anal lube away before taking pictures in your bathroom!!:rofl
  5. amanlikemike

amanlikemike Recovering Speedfreak

Oddometer:
    Woah!

What a glowing review. Thank you so much for taking the time to put it together. It really is greatly appreciated.

Kriega kit is pretty easy to 'get', but it's always very satisfying when someone does just that right off the bat.

Enjoy your rides with Kriega. Bearing in mind what you do for a living, I'm guess that this particular R15 is going to be involved in some of the epic ones anyone can make in this great country. :super

Cheers,

Michael

P.S. The waiststrap is detachable and only really needed when the going gets super rough. Also - not sure if you picked up on this or not, but the upper harness has sliders and white dots on it, so you can adjust the height that the pack sits at and also accommodate lighter or thicker layers of clothing. Just yank the tops of the straps out of their housing to create some slack and adjust to whichever setting feels best for that particular ride.
  6. amanlikemike

Oddometer:
    I actually found myself looking for a bottle in that photo... right before I realized I probably shouldn't even really know what it would look like. :augie
  7. amanlikemike

Oddometer:
    Maaaannn... the awesomeness just keeps on coming. :clap

I've used Kriega equipment for nearly ten years now and - even after it became a 'job', around 20 months ago - I am still just as in love with the stuff as I was when I bought it back then. What you just wrote entirely mirrors my experience with it. And that's fantastic to hear.

Thanks for sharing your take and for choosing Kriega.

Cheers,

Michael
  8. traveltoad

traveltoad Aaron S

Oddometer:
    Yes it does!

Kriega Review
  9. Droptarotter

Droptarotter Long timer

Oddometer:
    Is that a Kriega bag on the back of Bond's bike??

Cheers
  10. traveltoad

traveltoad Aaron S

Oddometer:
    Nothing but the hottest chicks and best luggage for Bond.
  11. DeepSea

DeepSea electronically challenged

Oddometer:
    Mike it was a real pleasure meeting you this weekend. Being in New Orleans all the time, It's a shame I waited this long to look you up.

I'm back in town until tomorrow. Oddly enough my camelbak died a horrible ugly death this short trip:huh. Figure I'll replace it with an R20. Please Pm me with how and where to get one today if possible.

Thanks,
    Steve
  12. HaChayalBoded

HaChayalBoded Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer:
    Looks like it.

[​IMG]
  13. HaChayalBoded

HaChayalBoded Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer:
    Or you can buy the whole thing, only £100,000.00

[​IMG]
  14. MadM

MadM Dreamer Supporter

Oddometer:
    How big laptop could you squize in the pack? I have a 15" toshiba and its 390mmX260mm and I am on a market for a backpack to use for riding to college with my computer and all its cables.

Thanks!
  15. amanlikemike

Oddometer:
  16. amanlikemike

Oddometer:
    If you buy it, I'll even chuck in a set of Alloy Hook Straps, which were obviously way too trick for Bond's set-up. Hence the ratty cargo net. :lol3
  17. amanlikemike

Oddometer:
    Overland Journal is scripture. Well chuffed with that one.

Fairly safe to say they like the gear! :clap
  18. amanlikemike

Oddometer:
    You too, fella! I'll give you a call right now.
  19. amanlikemike

Oddometer:
    Hi MadM,

Thanks for chipping in.

The R15 is a really compact pack originally designed for off-road use, but still works perfectly as a daypack in any situation. It's dimensions are H16.9" x W9.8" x D5.9". So it'll fit any laptop up to roughly that size. Sadly, I'm fairly sure this doesn't include yours.

The R20 however, is H18.5" x W11.0" x D5.9" and will accommodate most 15" laptops.

That said... the R25 would be the one I recommend. Not because it costs more, but because it is designed specifically for the kind of use you describe and has uses slightly heavier duty materials with a sturdier harness. It's also even more water-resistant than the R15 and 20.

This our best-selling pack due to it having the perfect balance of capacity and physical size, so it is brilliant at pretty much everything.

Hope that helps, but let me know if you need any more info.

Cheers,

Michael
  20. DeepSea

DeepSea electronically challenged

Oddometer:
    Hooked up. I'll let you know how it works out. :clap