Poll: Who's interested in Öhlins Suspension for the Big Bikes

Discussion in 'Dakar champion (950/990)' started by PowerCell, May 6, 2013.

?

Tell us what you'd like...

1. Öhlins TTx22 front fork kit

2. Öhlins TTx44 Mk-II rear shock

3. Both of the above

4. I'll stick with my WP stuff and spend the money on beer

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. PowerCell

PowerCell Manufacture Super Supporter Supporter

Oddometer:

This isn't an easy task, and that's why Öhlins has shyed away from it. I'm working on the challenge from a couple of different angles, some relitively straight forward, some complex and very costly. I should know more about pricing in 30 days or so. A great deal of the pricing hangs on participation and that's why I've put this poll together...

2. charlie264

charlie264 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I would have thought Ohlins would do some credible market research... Numbers are likely to be small, so the case of spreading profit will be negligible.

So I guess we're looking at pro prices + a bit more?
  3. PowerCell

Oddometer:

We'll know in a month or so... until then it'll be just like the night before Christmas! :D

4. tahoeacr

tahoeacr Long timer

Oddometer:
    If you can get me a gear higher thru the whoops, I'm in:rofl.
  5. PowerCell

Oddometer:

LOL... nice. Depends on where you're starting from, but from a stock SER it'll give you 3 gears!

6. dogsslober

dogsslober No neck tie, Ti neck

Oddometer:
    Id be in for both ends pending pricing. Dont drink beers, rather spend that on tires.
  7. slidewayes

slidewayes slidewayes

Oddometer:
    IN. My last get off cost 1k+ pain ,Blame it on the rear boinger
  8. SpeedyR

SpeedyR SE in the SE

Oddometer:
    here's the page for Pyndon's setup. this is what I had been thinking about but as you said, the seat height of the SE is already pretty high, with more travel (unless it's sag) it's going to affect that I would assume.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=833821

also I would assume that he's making his own longer fork tubes for that price and like you said to keep the overlap but who knows...
  9. ciedema

ciedema мотоциклист

Oddometer:
    I wonder some times how those long travel shocks alter the geometry of the bike.
  10. mousitsas

mousitsas Long timer

Oddometer:
    detrimentally
  11. Konflict Motorsports

Konflict Motorsports TUNER

Oddometer:
    The kit I offer is 320mm, it is far from a typo.
  12. Lc8grrr

Lc8grrr Vtwin madness

Oddometer:
    I run an Ohlins in the rear on a 660Rally and it is amazingly good so would be interested in some for the 950A but maybe a little shorter than 277mm. The 950 is a hell of a lot wider across the seat than the Rally which makes it feel taller at 235mm.
  13. PowerCell

Oddometer:

Hey Alex! Hope you're enjoying your trip to Joshua Tree. Can you tell us more about this conversion? How do you find the extra stroke... damper rod and piston tube? And what do you do about interferrence with the underside of the triple clamp?

Thanks!

14. Bones_GSXR

Bones_GSXR Will ride anything

Oddometer:
    I have Ohlins on many bikes currently Forks and shocks) and have Shocks and Fork internals on a couple of Roadrace Bikes as well. I like all of them but find that the having forks and shocks reworked by a Pro works as well and can be had cheaper. This does not mean that I would not be interested in better items for me "New to Me" SE but at the level I ride at now (Ex Racer on Dirt, Current Racer on Asphalt) they might be more than I need. I was looking at the Forks you have on the Flea Market....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  15. Bones_GSXR

Bones_GSXR Will ride anything

Oddometer:
    Oh yeah, does any one if a 525 front and LC4 Rear wheel would be close to the 950SE?
    they are the ones on the (95 ATK in the above photo)
  16. PowerCell

Oddometer:

The front will work,no problem. Not sure about the rear. But I am pretty sure Horst Leitner would not approve that frame color... :lol3

17. SpeedyR

SpeedyR SE in the SE

Oddometer:
    not to threadjack but what's the durability like on a RFS front wheel on the SE? I've got a few spares (20" and 21" excel pro series hubs) that would be nice to keep a spare tire on for the 950 if they would hold up to BOB (Big Orange Beast). I'm thinking a 90/100-20 front on the SE would be nice...
  18. PowerCell

Oddometer:

That's what I've run for 5 years now. It's an improvement in durability...

19. kennyd

kennyd kennyd

Oddometer:
    Can the rear shock be interchangeable on both bikes? SE and adventure? what will the overall length be on each one? how does this compare to the stock length on each one? i assume there will be no hydraulic preload on either one. will there be a simple manual preload screw on both or as an option? also i can only vote 1 time on the poll but i want 2 shocks as i have and adventure and a super enduro too!
  20. mookymoo

mookymoo Mookish Mook

Oddometer:
    I presume the 310mm travel I have on the front of the SE came from reducing overlap? As far as I know, there are no clearance issues on the front - as the upper travel limit hasn't changed. I cant remember now if we put EXC inner tubes or used the originals - its too long ago ...

[​IMG]

Not sure what was done in the shock - but I know it was all done with off-the-shelf WP parts so that it would be affordable.

Chris at OnTrack Racing (http://www.on-trackracing.com/) was the guy who did mine (not sure if he also had a connection with the work Pyn was doing)

PC, I had a recollection you were running 320mm suspension on your bike. Do I remember wrong, or did it change?

Having another option for the shock would be nice - but Im a bit loathe to give up the height on my SE as I have grown to love it.