Richmond Va chatter

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by mikeinrichmond, Dec 19, 2008.

1. higworld

higworld Cheeseburger in Paradise

Oddometer:
    Anyone wanna make a buck the easy way? :evil

Ahem ... seriously. I'm thinking of buying one of those bike lift tables from Harbor Freight, but have no way of getting it home. It's around 8' long and the damn thing weight about 300lbs. Not gonna fit in the SLK. So ... if someone has a decent back plus a pickup truck, and wants to see their wallet $30 heavier for 30 minutes of work, let me know. (I might even throw in a beer or two!).

I'm thinking sometime next week, after work. Assuming they have it in stock. HF is on Broad near Parham, and I'm Northside at the corner of Seminary and Bellvue.

PS: Unless anyone has a better suggestion for a lift table that's inexpensive and doesn't require dedicated compressed air. My back isn't going to take anymore of this on-the-ground crap. :-(
  2. MAN OF BLUES

MAN OF BLUES COG #5977 EX-TECH EDITOR

Oddometer:

:clap:clapwise choice there, those lifts are the cat's meow, and are worth the price, glad you didn't get persuaded into a Big $$$$ one, the HF unit fits the bill for 99% of the world....:clap:clap
  3. Michhub

Michhub Major Medical Supporter

Oddometer:
    Forest Hill Training Center today...that was fun!
    I wish I could have stayed a bit longer but had to switch to a nice street ride with the GF :ricky.
    I think I should NOT have had the Dickies two meat platter before riding :lol3

Two Meat platter with sliced brisket & pulled pork with decent coleslaw and tasty beans...
    [​IMG]

Sic Semper had a MONSTER baked potato :eek1
    [​IMG]

The RTE crew for today was higworld, pplassm, Sic Semper, ddlewis & myself....higworld had to boggie back to work and
    save the world one internet transaction at a time due to black Friday...missing that XR Rick? :deal
    [​IMG]

It was a beautiful day and most were over dressed by noon as temps rose :knary we ran into a few others running around
    and even got to explore some of the 'other side' trails thanks to someone in the know...
    [​IMG]

Don't tell your friends....this message will self destruct in 30 seconds :evil I might be in for Sunday....TBD

Sorry we didn't stop in to say hi Jimmy...although we did pick up a KLR so you were there in spirit...
  4. Sic Semper Tyrannis

Sic Semper Tyrannis Plays with Banjos, Boats and Bikes...

Oddometer:

I did not eat the whole monster backed potato, but what I did have was very tasty.

It was much warmer than I thought it would be, just beautiful

Had a great time. Met a new guy named George who had never heard of ADVrider. Hopefully he will join up. He was on the KLR and he can hustle that beast through the woods!!!

Good seeing you all!!
  5. rctr

rctr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Sorry I missed it, is there a group coming for breakfast tomorrow? I am working 7-5 Saturday .

Jimmy
    Rctr
  6. pplassm

pplassm Brace for collision! 40488

Oddometer:
    It great to ride with you guys today. I ended up following Bobb and Jeff at hare scrambles training pace.

I'm getting old for this!
  7. ddlewis

ddlewis Long timer

Oddometer:
    Fun ride and nice weather.

The guy on the left was riding the crap out of the blue klr! Told him to sign up on adv, he'd fit right in.
  8. BlueNun

BlueNun Ride On ! Always

Oddometer:
    'Good to see you guys out there...fun times, clutch or no clutch. :D
  9. burtonrider3889

burtonrider3889 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Did anybody film the fun with a GoPro or anything?
  10. jwray76

jwray76 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey guys, still lurking around pretty regularly but not posting much since I haven't been able to get out much with the 1 year old at home. Starting to heal up pretty good from a knee scope I had 3 weeks ago so I had to get out and play a bit today. Cut a little trail through the woods on my property only 1 acre :( and had some fun this afternoon while the little one was sleeping. Enjoyed my little bit of saddle time.
  11. pplassm

pplassm Brace for collision! 40488

Oddometer:
    Watching you stomp it into gear gave me flashbacks of high school. Jimmy Ellis used to come by and do that to his Can-Am.
  12. Eddy Alvarez

Eddy Alvarez Motorcycle ADD Supporter

Oddometer:
    Bueller? Bueller? :earAlthough it doesn't need to be too early, looks like it's going to be pretty cool in the morning! :vardy Sunday would be fine after lunch as well...
  13. DaddyGreenGenes

DaddyGreenGenes Delicious

Oddometer:
    That dude with the KLR is George. I've been riding with him for a while. In his mind, that thing is a 125cc 2 stroke. Ride it like you stole it...
    And there's another place in Chester that's a little more technical if anybody is interested for sunday.
  14. Sic Semper Tyrannis

Sic Semper Tyrannis Plays with Banjos, Boats and Bikes...

Oddometer:
    Yeah I followed him around for a while and he was just slinging it between the trees and roosting out of the corners. He is NOT worried about dropping it and it is set up with all the crash bars so it fares well when he does.

I told him to get on the board as he WILL fit right in.

Lots of fun today. Feeling it now!!!
  15. burtonrider3889

burtonrider3889 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Are you talking about off of Chester road near the rail road tracks?
  16. Martad00

Martad00 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I know the feeling man! I have a couple little ones too, and squeeze rides in when I can. I haven't ridden dirt in a few years since I lived in Arkansas. Would like to try it again if I can avoid killing myself.
  17. buckrut1972

buckrut1972 H.R. Nightmare

Oddometer:
  18. ddlewis

ddlewis Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thinking the same thing. Sort of. DR too heavy for regular dirt bike stand, for me to lift by myself anyway. I just want something small though. Like this:
    [​IMG]
  19. jgiacobbe

jgiacobbe Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'd be up for tomorrow after lunch. Chuck also posted about potentially going tomorrow. Don't see being able to get away today. It is the wife's birthday.
  20. Eddy Alvarez

Eddy Alvarez Motorcycle ADD Supporter

Oddometer:

Sounds good, we can shoot for tomorrow after lunch...We're up to our ears right now in Christmas decoration boxes, the kids are going wild. Gabriel, who just turned 7, has a tough time understanding that it's still four weeks away! (Shhh! A Tony Hawk BMX bike is already in the tool shed hidden under a tarp and my daughter's pink iPod touch 5 should be on the UPS truck soon! :evil)