Racetech Suspension

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Terry@RT, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Terry@RT

Terry@RT Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi Adventure Riders,

Small introduction here, My name is Terry and I am a service tech at Racetech. If anyone is not familiar with Racetech we are a suspension only shop located in Corona, CA, Paul Thede (Owner) has designed several different suspension bits and pieces to make you suspension perform like it should all tailored to your weight, riding style and skill level.

Terry
  2. txbear55

txbear55 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Have used them for enduro suspension mods...excellent work!
  3. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    I've emailed Racetech several times asking if they have any offerings for the Tiger 800(s). No one ever responds.
  4. Terry@RT

Terry@RT Adventurer

Oddometer:
    When did you send the emails and you don't by any chance have a aol.com address do you? Some put our emails in the spam folders.

Anyway if you tell me a year I will check on it. Also include your weight, riding style and skill level and I can make suggestions based off of that.

Terry
  5. VFR

VFR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I can't say as to the Tiger 800 but Terry did my Tiger 1050 forks & they worked great. In fact, they are back out there now to replace leaking fork seals--not their fault. They will come back to me better than ever.
  6. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    2011 Tiger 800 Roadie. I am 150lbs (the front suspension really sucks for lighter riders) . I don't ride this bike aggressively. Just looking for good on road manners.
  7. GAS GUY

GAS GUY MILE EATER

Oddometer:
    I am glad to hear Racetech is offering a discount for the ADVRIDER community.
    I have used Racetech products in a few bikes and am very pleased and would not hesitate to order anything I need in the future.Especially with the 15 % discount !!
    I also love the suspension book that was published a few years ago by Paul Thede.Top notch !!!
  8. beemerphile

beemerphile Unreconstructed Southerner Supporter

Oddometer:
    Good to see this. I let RaceTech upgrade the front suspension on my NC700x Honda and it was night and day.
  9. Terry@RT

Terry@RT Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey swimmer,

We have the 800XC in our system but not the Roadie, Since they are running 43mm Showa forks (According to the specs I have seen) we should be able to fit at minimum springs, I am not sure if Triumph decided to go with a sealed cartridge or not on that model but if you are interested in sending in the forks we can spec them out and build a kit for them and also offer a bit more of a discount since we are using yours for R&D work.

Terry
  10. swimmer

swimmer armchair asshole

Oddometer:
    OK. Can you PM an estimated price? Thanks
  11. Terry@RT

Terry@RT Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Any Inmates in the Seattle area that are going to the IMS show stop in at the Racetech booth and introduce yourself. We are having IMS show specials and it will give me the chance to talk to a few of you.

Terry
  12. blaster11

blaster11 Still having fun!

Oddometer:
    I am interested in upgrading my wife's 2004 Suzuki DR200SE suspension, especially the front, do you have anything available? I have sent emails in the past as well with no response.
  13. Smoke Eater 3

Smoke Eater 3 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Racetech upgraded the suspension on my '02 Aprilia Mille and my RS250. They do great work and are a good resource for suspension tips and tricks too.
  14. yukonjon

yukonjon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    That's great. I'll stop by and see what you guys have and maybe get some info on my tiger setup.

Maybe introduce yourself in the Seattle show thread and let those guys know. I think a few are on the fence about wether they are gonna attend or not.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=844121
  15. Chris618

Chris618 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hmmm,

Do you have anything for a 2012 Yamaha Super Tenere for street sport riding?

06 XT 225 for parking lot racing? I weight 210lbs.
  16. Terry@RT

Terry@RT Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hi All,

I am heading to the Seattle IMS show tomorrow afternoon and then after the show spending some time with a Racetech center up in Idaho so I will not be back until after the new year. I will try and get the existing bike questions answered over the next few days at the show so please bear with me on this.

Those that are going to the Seattle IMS show I look forward to meeting you and discussing suspension improvements or just some friendly conversation.

Terry
  17. blaster11

Oddometer:
    Terry,

Thanks for getting back with me last night! I will chat with the wife and see what is the next move for her bike.
  18. Hipster

Hipster Long timer

Oddometer:
    PM sent
  19. blaster11

Oddometer:
    PM was sent on DR200 fork upgrades.
  20. scoutguy

scoutguy The Chairman

Oddometer:
    Wish this discount was available when I sent in my 2011 990 Adv suspension earlier this year, great R&D and great product-you guy's do a great job. Thanks