So it began......

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by SquirrelyGrl, May 26, 2011.

1. SquirrelyGrl

SquirrelyGrl Squirrely Girl

Oddometer:
    Victoria Secret green pj's of Ponies & Puppies
    That's awesome! Go you! Where are you heading, any idea or just cruising?
  2. red bud

red bud alky w/motorcycle problem Supporter

Oddometer:

no plans, downtown maybe not far
  3. SquirrelyGrl

Oddometer:
    Where are you at? I was thinking you were close to the South Carolina border, but now I'm not so sure
  4. red bud

Oddometer:

:lol3 i live in gainesville, but i'm working in memphis

i'm right out here in the land of ___________flat_________
  5. SquirrelyGrl

Oddometer:
    Dude, :cry so sad. Have you ridden out to Shiloh? If I remember correctly, it's near there, I rode through there while heading back home from the TN part of the TAT. They had an eagles nest close to the Visitor's Center, which was pretty cool!
    I bet that would be somewhat scenic, just with no hills or mountains, not even bumps, but it should be green :D
  6. BOB RAMSAY

BOB RAMSAY Not in the Clique -

Oddometer:
    Just scouting through ADV - Squirrely Girl !

I see you picked up your thread just today.

Looks like you're having fun! Getting green here in Ohio, too.

You've got 'the ride'. Boy, I can have a lot of fun on a little enduro bike as far as I can get from a paved road. Back to the basic.

Get a SV650 but keep that little dirt bike.

Happy Trails -
  7. red bud

Oddometer:

i'll check it out, don't get me wrong, i'm having fun we're just spoiled living close to the good stuff.

If ya head out west i gotta spare room. :ricky stop in
  8. bubu

bubu Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    SquirrelyGrl, you are on the real way...

LIVE TO RIDE!!!:freaky
  9. Mtn Man

Mtn Man Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great places to ride and so little time! Citico, Cherokee, twisites, dirt roads, fire trails ... life is good!

Hope to see you around the mountains someday on my DR 650, with a monster tank!

:wave
  10. _anatic

_anatic Plated

Oddometer:
    Hope your stayin' dry today.

:lurk
  11. SquirrelyGrl

Oddometer:
    <!--[if !mso]> <style> v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--> Hey Bob ~ I actually did at one point have an SV 650, a pretty blue nakkid 2001ish model. Unfortunately, my b/f at the time crashed it and financially I could not get back on one. But ya, I love those nakkid bikes.

RedBud ~ I saw your RR, I like it! I never thought there'd be some cool stuff out in Memphis, who knew? If I head that way I'll give you a holler. I've got some friends near Fayetteville, TN. thought I would ride out there in April before the Hot Springs or Spring Frolic. I'll see what develops, b/c I also need to fix my lil DR. It surges reallllllllyyyyyy bad. :cry It is getting some luv'n this week.

BuBu ~ Thanks, I hope I’m on the right track. :D

Mtn Man ~ Citico? That sounds familiar. Citico Creek? I may be thinking of a Cherokee Nat’l Forest area that I’ve ridden in. I’m sure we’ll cross paths sometime. I plan on going to the Springs Fling at the Cabins in Nantahala in May.

_anatic ~ Oh ya, stayed dry. Nice and dry sunnin on the back porch in Chattanooga. :D
  12. SquirrelyGrl

Oddometer:
    I found it interesting how different breweries dispersed H20, very interesting indeed, from a small town girl. Right from the wall you could get it.

[​IMG]

After the boys consumed the flights. We found ourselves on the hunt for a restaurant back in Asheville. I hadn't eaten since my DQ earlier that day at noon and by 9:00pm we finally found this place. The van they used for catering was such;

[​IMG]

So....... at this place they served lots of weinerschnzietels (?) As well as; bison, elk and a few other exotic meats. Which all sounded sooooo good to my growling tummy. Realistically though, it was out of our budget. I would definitely go back, with plans to have a great meal, but when I can afford it.

We headed back to downtown and I was a happy camper when I got my Old Fashioned :D

[​IMG]

Here's the Hawk all snuggled and warm for the night. I parked Dan's car right in front of it, maybe I'm just a tad paranoid. There was a Suzuki 1200 or 1000 parked there too at the same hotel I was at, but never saw the rider.

[​IMG]

The next day after while the ladies, I mean boys, were taking a morning nap I had to get out and ride a bit. I didn't ride far but enough to know that my bike would start after I left the gas valve on all night :(

It was pretty in the Biltmore Village
    [​IMG]

and when I saw the Aveda place, oooo la la, I totally went in and spent an insane amount of money in there. I got my Rosemary Mint Shampoo, Rosemary Mint Lotion, Eyeliner and pretty smelly girl things :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  13. bubu

bubu Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Ridea motorcycle but you are a girl and girl feeling is always first :rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl
  14. IronHeart

IronHeart Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sunday after church the wife and I and a group of friends from Bailey rode southwest on 285, then stopped at the country store in Jefferson. We headed south from there and stopped at Taryall Reservoir for a lunch. Then a couple of us decided to put the throttle down on the way home on the wide open black top..... it was outstanding. The wife was a little nervous :rofl
  15. _anatic

_anatic Plated

Oddometer:
    :thumb

Cool, see ya there! Now to get fancy to commit.
    :hmmmmm Mr. Rabbot to the white courtesy phone please.:evil
  16. SquirrelyGrl

Oddometer:
    I know BuBu, I like to smell pretty after I stink from riding all day. I can't help myself!

I reckon boys don't mind it much, but by golly if I'm near a hot guy, I wanna smell good.

IronHeart ~ I bet your wife loved that! When you taking her riding again? :D

Anyhoo so the sleeping beauties finally got up on Thursday morning and I was being chauffeured again. But I saw this cool Genesis;

[​IMG]

A cool Asheville building;
    [​IMG]

This was our first brewery of the day French Broad;

[​IMG]

Dan's Breakfast outside on French Broad's patio;

[​IMG]
  17. bubu

bubu Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What a shame!!!!!:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry

A FZR Genesis in this so bad state. This is a legend, and for me it's not correct to let this bike become like this.

Do you try a Genesis and the five valves engine? It's really nice...
  18. SquirrelyGrl

Oddometer:
    I need to hurry up and get this shit done! Another brewery in Ashville, Black Lab I think?

[​IMG]

Another varied way of distributing water in another small brewery located just up the street from Green Man

[​IMG]

Cool outside patio at Green Man, I really liked this place.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's the Wedge photos from this trip; got to see some cool bikes
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dinner in Hendersonville, just south of Asheville
    [​IMG]
  19. SquirrelyGrl

Oddometer:
    Yummy delicious Duck :tb

[​IMG]

After this big, huge meal both boys are stuffed. But not when we roll by this place;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After the Krispy Creme escapade we hit back to the hotel. They wanted to party out the night like a couple of Divas, but I couldn't as I had to leave super early the next morning for Dalton, Ga.

So this is finally the last pic from that trip, taken at a small gas station off Hwy 515 in Blue Ridge. Golly Gee, that sure was a long day!

[​IMG]
  20. SquirrelyGrl

Oddometer:
    The few photos from the Fuzzy Beaver Rally May 2012. I didn't take many, but these few shots are pretty cool. I think I mostly put photos on here for me to remember when & where I've been.

This is Blue & Gary; cool dudes. Blue took us on a good dirt loop in the Cohutta's and Ocoee area.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gary chillin in the corner

[​IMG]

On the way home from Murphy, NC I went through Tellico and found this cool dirt road that led here;

[​IMG]

Not much to see, but still cool. Lots of birds and lots of sunshine that day. :)
    When I got to town I met up with Al Tuna & his wife and had some icecream before heading out on Hwy 68. Well, I took the wrong direction of 68 and was driving towards Madisonville. Golly! Taking some side roads I found myself in Etowah, TN on Hwy 411. At the intersection, I find Al Tuna and his wife yet again! Hauling the ol Honda he brought to the Rally! I couldn't believe my meeting them twice in one day on random chance. Neat tho.

Next is the Laural Springs, NC 12 hour trip that didn't need to be 12 hours.