Lyndon Poskitt Racing - A blue print for Dakar 2013 - and he did it!

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Pyndon, Mar 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skibum69

skibum69 slave to gravity Supporter

Oddometer:
    wow!
  2. cyborg

cyborg Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer:
    Great write-up Pyn! Thanks for taking the time to do it. :thumb

Got my syn shirt too!
  3. pampaX

pampaX Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Jeez it would take me about 10 years to do half that job :huh ... not even considering quality

Go Pyn :clap
  4. Pyndon

Pyndon Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Neither did I but I had a few hours and thought I owed it to you guys, especially all those that have gone all out and bought support packages from my web-site to help make this possible. I will finish it and report everything on the build, there's a few more posts to go yet though, we are not even into the nitty gritty of all the tweaks and modifications that I made. :deal

From Peru......

Pyn
  5. metropolis2k

metropolis2k Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Awesome stuff Lyndon, thanks for taking the time out to post it, especially given how close we are to it kicking off! :freaky
  6. ktmmitch

ktmmitch Long timer

Oddometer:
    Here at Rally-Raid Products in the UK, we took time off today from the usual rally/adventure work,put on the Pyndon Klim jackets and cruised on our french 1950's Solex bikes,more smiles per mile than anything else!!
    Well done to Lyndon for Dakar,good to see you and your dad on the way to Le Havre for scrutineering,hope our billet parts perform to the task.[​IMG]
  7. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the great write up Pyn. remains me to take a few more pics from time to take.
  8. Pyndon

Oddometer:
  9. Michhub

Michhub Major Medical Supporter

Oddometer:
    No Thank You! privateers like yourself and Neduro have totally renewed my interest in Dakar to a whole new level.
    Before I would catch whatever clips I could through the tele and it never bothered me to miss an update.
    Now, I'm addicted, I need it, I want it, I must have it :lol3 The event is sure to consume my attention for most of January.

Best of luck to you and thanks again for the swag :thumb
  10. drklr

drklr MotoTrvlr

Oddometer:
    Michhub, well said. I was thinking that very same thing today.

Lyndon, good luck! Got my picture and Kreiga R15. The picture is awesome (thanks Ernie), and the Kreiga backpack is a great piece of kit. Thanks to your sponsors for helping make this come through... you've got some quality support behind you. Between them and your meticulous preparation I see nothing but success ahead. :clap

John
  11. Wings

Wings long gone

Oddometer:
    :clap:clap the swag force is strong guys, if you haven't already signed up, it's not too late to support Lyndon's Dakar campaign and get yourself some really awesome gear while you're at it!
    Ernie Young's prints are fabulous, he did a super nice job and the colors really pop-the picture really comes to life.
    And don't forget, the t-shirts, Kriega Gear and Klim Inferno jackets are a special run-they are Limited Edition (and nice & toasty warm when it's -10 out :lol3 ), this is not something you'll find on store shelves everywhere, get yours while you can :deal

Go Pyn Go :pynd
  12. ecarnell

ecarnell Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    X2 - can't wait till the racing starts!!!!
  13. Pantah

Pantah Jiggy Dog Fan Supporter

Oddometer:
  14. juames

juames Have Fun, Don't Die!

Oddometer:
    WooHoo! Go Lyndon Go! :clap
  15. ThomasVolomitz

ThomasVolomitz New Old Stock

Oddometer:
    It is great to be a very small part of a huge effort like this. I had supported other racers the last couple years. It's pretty amazing getting your name on Lyndons website, a nice show of appreciation for our small contribution.
  16. nagykovi

nagykovi Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello Pyn,

First of all good luck and thank you the thread, it is really boil my blood to see your dakar journey:clap

If you have time please detail us your plan for the nutrition and hydration during the event..

What kind of meal and drink will be with you in the stages....etc.

Good luck and plenty of torque:rofl
  17. Pyndon

Oddometer:
    In simple terms, for sure.......

1) Eat lots in the morning, more than usual to ensure I have sufficient energy levels for the day. The food in the bivouac is said to be pretty good so I'll be going with that.

2) Hydration, drink lots, as often as possible but without running out. It's important to monitor consumption but not to see yourself short. More is better as I am happy to stop and pee it out :lol3

3) Electrolyte replacement. I will be using Electrolyte supplements in my hydration pack to replenish the lost salts etc from sweat. I expect I'll be doing a lot of sweating :D

4) Energy bars and gels for throughout the day. I will have a small stash of these in my jacket for use throughout the day. No specific meals during the day, just these.

5) WINE GUMS!! I will of course have my stash of Wine Gums for when I need that rush of sugar / energy. Where would we be without Wine Gums?

6) Recovery shakes - I'll be having 700cc of recovery drink when I get back into the Bivouac each night. Within 20 minutes of getting in, this will just help my muscles recover faster.

7) Eat lots for dinner, maybe even eat twice at the bivouac while preparing my road book and before going to sleep.

That's my rough plan.

Lyndon
  18. Stromtrooper246

Stromtrooper246 Lost again

Oddometer:
    Just put my order in for the R15 and a Tee-Shirt! Glad to be part of the support team!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  19. got my gear a few weeks ago and thought, since you are going to be in the south playing in the sand.
    I would take some of my gear and go play in the snow.

Have a blast.
  20. Off Road Ryder

Off Road Ryder Long timer

Oddometer:
    Good Luck and Have a safe race Lyndon. Ive had a good time reading and fallowing this post. rooting for you all the way!!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.