If you won a big lottery....

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by Sniper X, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Sniper X

Sniper X De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer:
    Central New Mexico, 7420ft above sea level
    What would you do? Quit work, buy a nice big house somewhere and live happy the rest of your life? Many know about the total dumbasses who piss away millions on parties and NEW best friends and of course hookers and blow. It seems every time someone from no or very low income gets rich quick, they also end up very poor quick. I know what I would do. And it sure wouldn't include working for anyone else ever or opening a business where I had a schedule....
  2. PishPosh

PishPosh n000000b

Oddometer:
    I would go buy a new Triumph Street Triple R, ride it home, sit in my chair and think long and hard about what to do with the rest of the money.
  3. troidus

troidus Long timer

Oddometer:
    I would take care of a few things, then take off for a couple of years to travel and think about the future. I think I would end up volunteering with Habitat for Humanity.
  4. Mambo Danny

Mambo Danny I cannot abide.

Oddometer:
    I might be able to afford keep fixing / paying the tow bills for a BMW motorcycle, so I would go buy one.

Either Pagani, McLaren or Koenigsegg would be hearing from me.
  5. JamesG

JamesG Rabid Poster

Oddometer:
    What I do now, in overdrive. Trust funds for the kids. Invest in social and technological startups. Give a bunch of it away to the church (10%) and other charities.

Too bad I don't play the lotto...
  6. Dagofast

Dagofast Owner of one clean o-ring.

Oddometer:
    My and the wife's parents retirements would become MUCH more comfortable. My kids would be able to go to the college of their choice. My wife could stop working, if she wanted to. The mortgage would get paid off. Our area food banks would be able to buy ALOT more food. A few other organizations that do good work would be able to do more. And I might trade in the '00 KLR and the '03 Connie for a new Versys. :D
  7. Adam E

Adam E OK

Oddometer:
    I would start a free clinic for poor folks that need medical care.
  8. Buccleuch

Buccleuch I'm just a bean, trying to get some sleep... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Probably a lot of this...

...and picking up a summer home in the Wyoming mountains around Pinedale.

But there's this:

As the good Perfessor Cosmo Fishhawk (of the old comic strip "Shoe") once said, "I don't need to give the state a dollar to prove to myself that I'm a loser."

W.A.
  9. Bueller

Bueller Cashin?

Oddometer:
    Move back to the house in the country I still own but had to move away from a couple of years ago due to employment opportunities. Winter some place warm, potentially buy a nice - but not ostentatious - Class A Diesel pusher.

Beyond that I would spend time volunteering in a capacity that helps homeless dogs. Fostering, training, volunteering at shelters, or perhaps even organizing and funding a non profit rescue org.

This is testament to how unbelievably blessed I've been in life. Even with seemingly unlimited funds I would not have a long list of purchases.

Yea, I know that's a buzzkill. I figure since I keep seeing people win who don't absolutely need the money, maybe I can be one of those :lol3
  10. DUNDERHEAD

DUNDERHEAD Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Plus 1
  11. fierostetz

fierostetz Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I wouldn't stress about work anymore. I'd buy new tires for my KLR, and finish my v8 miata project.
  12. Big Bird 928

Big Bird 928 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I probably would keep working as I love what I do but I may work more limited hours. I don't know what I would do with a large amount of money like that but I can tell you one thing, mine and my wife's parents would not "have to" work anymore, and I probably would buy a house and maybe some land in the rockies.
  13. jkam

jkam Nomadic Man

Oddometer:
    I would buy a houseboat in Amsterdam, lot's of hash and a few hookers.
    Then I'd take the houseboat cruising down the rivers of Europe for awhile
    and see the sites.
  14. Red J

Red J Teacher, leave us kids alone.

Oddometer:
    two chicks at once.
  15. Big Bird 928

Big Bird 928 Long timer

Oddometer:
    been there, done that... meh.... maybe I just didn't have the right chicks... I'll see if the wife will go for it... :rofl
  16. Jonnylotto

Jonnylotto Zipper Club with Clusters

Oddometer:
    10 random acts for ten inmates...
  17. 2whlrcr

2whlrcr gooligan

Oddometer:
    I'd invest in booze and women and piss away the rest.
  18. Anorak

Anorak Woolf Barnato Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'd buy a suit, a suit of drugs.
  19. C-Stain

C-Stain Long timer

Oddometer:
    My wife and I discussed this last evening as we drove home from her parent's place after Easter Dinner. In Canada, we get to keep the full Jackpot amount without Taxes...so if this week's LottoMax is $40 million (which it is) you get to deposit the whole sum after you've cleared the background checks.

We figured we'd give my parents, her parents, my brother and his wife a million dollars per couple. We have a set of really good friends who are not well off financially, and we figured we'd slip them half a million.

One of my best friends, one of the groomsmen at our wedding and my old partner from work was injured in a Motorcycle Accident almost 3 years ago when some 17 year old in a cage T-boned him. It ended his Paramedic career, and he still has yet of receive any type of settlement. While not an ADV rider, he's been clear across the country on his Kawasaki Nomad and his Harley and is very active in the CMA. We'd give them a million.

Now, how much do I have left? 35.5 Million? Hmmmmm...

Gonna invest about half of that...gotta make sure that I can continue to live comfortably while pursuing my dreams, right?

So, I've got - what, 17.75 million to play with?

Better open up some College Funds for my son and my nephews. And buy them some dirt bikes. Every kid's gotta have a dirt bike, right?

I'd take the whole family (Me, Little Stain and Mrs. Stain) to some warm, exotic location, and probably Disney World. Then, we'd leave Little Stain with Grandma and Grandpa and go some place warm for me and the Mrs.

Then when we were home, have to hook up with a Realtor for one of these:

[​IMG]

And then a huge shop to play in:

[​IMG]

I'd certainly need one of these:

[​IMG]

And one of these:

[​IMG]

And then I'd have to plan my trip around the world.

After that, I'd probably just sit around my huge house, eat cheetos, watch pr0n and masturbate.
  20. LuciferMutt

LuciferMutt Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer:
    Pay off the cars (almost there on one already), then fix up this dump of a house enough to sell it and at least break even.

Then buy less dumpy house on a larger piece of land. Bigger kitchen for the wife, bigger garage for me. Everything else stays more or less the same with the house/size. In fact, I wouldn't even sell this one if there was room on the land parcel to build another garage and expand the kitchen.

Beyond that, do a lot of traveling. There are a lot of places the wife and I really want to see before we die.