Stolen Bike ALERT!!!! N. Georgia

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by tagalong, Aug 20, 2012.

1. tagalong

tagalong Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Some sorry, lowlife [beep] [beep] stole my 2003 KLX 400R from my carport sometime between Thursday Aug 16 and today. Taken from the Shannon area of Floyd County, GA.

Has a Ricky Stator 8" Baja Racelight. Black Acerbis 4.2gal tank. Wolfman tube bag on front fender. Trailtech Vapor instruments. Cycra Pro Bends. Brand new Pirelli MT21 on front.

[​IMG]
  2. GaM

GaM Long timer

Oddometer:
    Damn were your other bikes out there too?
  3. ihatefalling

ihatefalling Let it roll

Oddometer:
    I'll keep a lookout in Nashville . . . .
  4. tagalong

Oddometer:
    Yep. Didn't touch the others. My guess is some punk looking for a dirtbike.
  5. GaM

GaM Long timer

Oddometer:
    That's what I'm thinking, it may still be around.
  6. tagalong

Oddometer:
    Yeah, but if that's the case, I hate to think of the shape it will be in if recovered.

I have a buddy that lives near the Shannon Village, that's gonna nose around over there and at the old MX track.
  7. MrTwisty

MrTwisty Short Bus Cowboy

Oddometer:
    Shouldn't be hard to spot. I'll keep a lookout here in Calhoun.
  8. Dorito

Dorito Dreamer and Doer

Oddometer:
    Just a thought, you might consider putting the VIN in your post. A bike was recovered a while back when the guy that bought it, googled it and returned it when he found the ADV thread via the VIN.

Good luck!
  9. Rider_WV

Rider_WV Long timer

Oddometer:
    I will keep an eye out in WV and OH.

good luck, i really hate thieves:cry
  10. JoeWannaB

JoeWannaB Usually a nice guy

Oddometer:
    Brad, I really hate to hear it. I hope you catch up with the thieves and get your bike back in good shape. Other than the bike being stolen, I hope everything else is well with you. Haven't seen you in a coon's age. When are you coming to Nantahala? I'll keep my eyes open. Joe
  11. klaviator

klaviator Scooter Trash Supporter

Oddometer:
    That really sucks Brad. I hope you get it back in good shape.
  12. pmooney

pmooney Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was just looking at that ktm 525 and saw your post in there! Shit man, that sucks to hear about Brad, sorry man. Bike looked great too, I put a lot of time in that thing getting it just right. You kept it nice and added some nice pieces That really sucks to read, it's not like a car that can just be replaced with one just like it. Damn.
  13. RaysGSAdv

RaysGSAdv Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  14. pmooney

pmooney Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Any luck? Like you said though, hate to see the condition it's in if some kids took it. That shock on that thing is from an SM that I revalved so the bike would be easy to spot if someone just stripped it/painted it etc. Not many DRZ dirt bikes with a white shock spring. Good luck Brad!
  15. tagalong

Oddometer:
    Update:

I don't know whether this is good news or bad, yet. I received a call today from the claims adjuster handling my bike theft. He told me that it had been recovered by the Sheriff's Office of a neighboring county on Sept. 10. He doesn't know anything about how it was recovered or what condition it's in, said that Bartow S.O. wouldn't tell him. So, he gives me the phone number and I call. The officer I was referred to wasn't in so I left a message, and have not heard back. Now that it is the weekend, I don't expect to hear anything until Monday.

I did some online searching when I got home today and found an article in the Bartow newspaper about a man arrested on a stolen bike in Adairsville the same day mine was recovered. I don't know for sure that it was mine, but it's a high probability. Adairsville is only 10 miles from home, so if that was it then it didn't stray to far.
  16. DirtDabber

DirtDabber cultural illiterate

Oddometer:
    If he was arrested riding it then it was running at the time so not too bad probably. Better than finding it stripped down in a garage somewhere.

I had a similar call about a month after one of my bikes was stolen. The officer said it was involved in a chase..... I asked "Did it win?" :lol3 Tire was bald and a little road rash where they ditched it. but easily fixed.

Good Luck.
  17. ihatefalling

ihatefalling Let it roll

Oddometer:
    :freaky

:lurk
  18. GaThumper

GaThumper Road Less Traveled

Oddometer:
    Thumpin' in North GA - headin' for the Smokys

yeah, hope he kept it clean and just rode it and didn't try to trash it! Sure be nice if it was just the switch and not much else wrong with it.

Hope this ends well for you!
  19. tagalong

Oddometer:
    I still don't have my bike back, but I feel that we're getting closer. I at least know where the bike is located now, and I'm trying to coordinate with my insurance to retrieve it.

I now know that the bike in the newspaper article I found was indeed mine. The scumbag was riding it through Adairsville at a high rate of speed. An Adairsville PD K-9 patrol attempted a traffic stop and he ran. The officer pursued him out of town until he left the roadway (). He then attempted to flee on foot but the K-9 partner detained him. Charges include: possession of meth, possession with intent to distribute, possession of parafonelea(sp?), possession of weapon during commission of crime, possession of stolen property, and driving under the influence.
  20. ben2go

ben2go Long timer

Oddometer:

I hope they bury that sorry MFer in the ground.I can't stand a worthless dope head thief.I deal with them on my property weekly.:hung