The Rimfire Thread

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by notarex, Apr 4, 2009.

1. thouk

thouk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Ya'll,
    To go along with my '39 Winchester 62 and my Beretta Neos, with the carbine kit, I recently purchased a '47 Marlin 39A. I am going to put a peep sight on her and take her out again to sight her in. I love rimfires. I am building a Ar-15. I know she isn't a rimfire but the 5.56 sure is close in size. Be safe, Tony....
  2. Bun-bun

Bun-bun Long timer

Oddometer:
    Haven't read the whole 50+ pages, but I have one that may not have been covered., a Heckler & Koch HK4. Can't post pics, but the HK4 was a pistol produced with an interchangeable barrel design, and shot .22,rimfire, .25 auto, .32 auto, and .380. Looks a lot like a PPK.

I also have a couple of Rugers, a 10/22 stainless with Volquartsen lightened trigger, cocking lever, and mag release, and a MkII with the target barrel and a lightened and smoothed trigger.
  3. Sniper X

Sniper X De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer:
    Central New Mexico, 7420ft above sea level
    GSG 1911 in .22. Awesomely accurate.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. pilot

pilot ...

Oddometer:
    I took my 44US to the range Sunday. I was getting sub-one inch groups at 50 yards with Thunderbolts. I need to get some good stuff and try again. This is with peep sights.
  5. Rusty Rocket

Rusty Rocket Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer:
    Fixed:D

I never knew about this one. Very interesting.
  6. d mc gee

d mc gee Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I posted this in the big thread, might be better here.

I got a question about CB rounds for a 22lr. I assume they shoot low? I made a shot at 15yrds, bam dead! Was shooting at about 25, two hits. Same aim point. No death. It ran out to 35-40 no hits. Didn't even see it through the scope. Do I factor in distance more? Wind not an issue.

Sniper X De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer:
    Central New Mexico, 7420ft above sea level
    A cb .22 is a very light bullet, probably 15~30gr, on a short shell with NO powder. They shoot right on at very short ranges, but fall a LOT at anything over about 15M. I shoot the Coloibri .30gr subsonics which are about the same as a CB but in a lr shell, and have found that if I try to shoot at the same Zero with even Rem bulk regular .22lr at a range of about 50M I have to do about 20~30 comeups on the scope so that equates to about 2.5~3.5 inches! That is a lot for a same caliber round, with different ballistics. I can say the Col .30gr subsonics are great out to that range anyway so other than the fact they won't cycle the action, I COULD use them for varmints in the yard.....they are so quiet all one hears is the hammer.
  8. d mc gee

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info Sniper. This was my first time using CB's It just blew my mind that I couldn't see it hit the grass through the scope. I had no idea they dropped so quickly. But they sure are quiet.:D
  9. YakSpout

YakSpout Obstacle Allusion

Oddometer:
    :nod

My 90 year-old grandpa uses them on the golf course for gopher control. Granted he doesn't hit much anymore, but no one complains about the noise...
  10. pilot

pilot ...

Oddometer:
    I like the CBs for shooting cans at the farm. Limited range, though, about 30 feet. Still a lot of fun.
  11. pilot

pilot ...

Oddometer:
    I took the Brno ZKM 468 to the range today.

[​IMG]

This was from 25 yards.
  12. CurtOKC

CurtOKC Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I would like to find a duplicate replacement for my remington 581 left handed bolt gun.
  13. d mc gee

Oddometer:

I hate to post his here, but.............:baldy I figured out why I couldn't see where it was hitting thru the scope.

I must have had a light load that didn't get out of the barrel. Then put a couple in behind it.:huh Gun(1929 Mauser 304B) is at the shop getting cleared out now.

DUMBASS
    :hide
  14. pilot

pilot ...

Oddometer:
    Some of those loads are labeled for pistols only.
  15. d mc gee

Oddometer:
    There's no pistol only warning on these. CCI CB 22 Long.

The barrel is 26.5 long though. I ran a few thru my new to me Ruger Mark II. They are a bit loud for in town use.:D
  16. HardCase

HardCase winter is coming

Oddometer:
    With a barrel that long I'd venture to guess that about the mildest load you should use would be a .22 Short. Even then, I'd check it after each shot at first just to be sure they are getting out of there, although I think a Short ought to be fine.
  17. Motoplaner

Motoplaner PNW Heel Rounder

Oddometer:
    Jaysus. That's pretty black powder old school thinking.
    I think for standard .22 optimum is like 13". Never know.
  18. P B G

P B G Long timer

Oddometer:

Ever shot a long barrel .22? They are about as close to silent as you can get with out a special permit when used with shorts and cb caps.

If you are buying a target bull barrel sure get 12.5, for a quiet poker get the long tube.
  19. Motoplaner

Motoplaner PNW Heel Rounder

Oddometer:
    I hear you. Have you ever read a book? I'm just saying what I said.
  20. Rusty Rocket

Rusty Rocket Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer:
    Well said. :D