Whats the best piece of equipment you've ever bought?

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Jeffro115, Sep 9, 2006.

1. Chickenstrip

Chickenstrip Long timer

Oddometer:
    Daytona riding boots (model?). I've had them about 10 yrs - resoled them many times - and they're are still great. The build quality and materials are superb.
  2. What?

What? curmudgeon Supporter

Oddometer:
    The best piece of equipment I ever bought?
    Well, I'd say it's a toss up between the deer whistles (they only work in pairs, most guys make the mistake of only using one) and the brass bell that I hung off the bottom of the bike to keep the gremlins off it.
  3. batmo

batmo Just a Rider

Oddometer:
    My Redneck Helmet Lights...for those really dark night rides. About $20...some assembly required.
    [​IMG]
  4. matchless

matchless n00b

Oddometer:
    Fantastic and most practical solution for Snake River night rides- But on a personal note, has such a concentration of light at night caused that inbalance of your ocular muscles???
  5. dirty_sanchez

dirty_sanchez Dirty_Sanchez

Oddometer:
    Apparently so.

I can't tell if he's looking at the camera or a fly on the wall...I mean a fly on two different walls.

Cool rig though.

Dirty
  6. BOHICA

BOHICA n00b

Oddometer:
    Left cylinder can tensioner with hydrolic check valve. No more cam chain racket on strat up.
  7. sama3033

sama3033 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    We all love to add a little flash to our machines and I found this beautifully made footie called the Camel Toe for my Adv 990 on Ebay (look for 'adventure-parts' there) made in the UK by 950 owner, Paul.

It's precision laser cut and measures about 3 1/2 by 3 1/2 inches so it's big and functional without being obtrusive, a really nice piece of gear. It works like a charm on soft ground and makes the Touratech version look pretty lame. Swapping emails, Paul says he's working on different powder coated colours including KTM orange. He makes other stuff, all nice looking kit. GS owners are allowed a peek too.

R0010424.JPG
  8. stickman1432

stickman1432 Crusty Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So.Cal.& St George UT-Baja-riding anywhere
    That is really nice looking but I think that the gash is not big enough for my stability needs...........:D :D :D :D :bubba
  9. Repko

Repko Adventurer wantabe

Oddometer:
    WOW nice TOE!
  10. oneflag

oneflag Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Should have bought it 20 years ago and tossed the milk crate.

Attached Files:

11. V@lentino

V@lentino V@lentino Supporter

Oddometer:
    In case it has not been mentioned yet,

Anything Merino by Icebreaker, from flat stitched underwear to 360 weight top layer, the stuff they make rules. No stink, hand wash and dry over night, super comfortable all around wear.

Simply the best, be careful highly addictive gear.
  12. rosscoact

rosscoact need constant supervision

Oddometer:
    +1

I'm gradually buying Icebreaker gear for all my underwear, fan frikken tastic, nothing comes within a bulls roar.

For whatever length of trip I go on (up to six weeks so far). I only take one spare base layer, or none if its up to four days. Wearing Icebreaker merino means that you don't retch when you smell yourself after four days (buy black, white is not your friend:puke1 ). also it is warm when wet or dry and cool in the heat.

Big thumbs up
  13. RandyB

RandyB .

Oddometer:
    Polarized sunglasses. Holy smokes. The days of free Oakleys are gone, but these things make up for it.

Yeah, I've been in a cave about some things.
  14. MacMan

MacMan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Bought one of these kits cased for a rebuild on a Land Rover gearbox and transfer case.

Can be adapted to do all sorts of things.

[​IMG]

Improvised press for removing output shafts, courtesy of a VW Golf wheel.

Brilliant for pressing in suspension bearings, wheel bearings, steering head bearings. Not much that can't be rigged up with the ram, a collar, some steel and a welder.
  15. RandyB

RandyB .

Oddometer:
    Old eyes and old monitor and I can't quite read the label. Brand? Link? Thanks.
  16. MacMan

MacMan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    http://www.tridon.com.au/Products/Product.aspx?SG=5&S=23&G=60512&P=68726

Mine is not a Toledo, but the pic has a Toledo branded one. I bought mine from one of those big Chinese machinery import places. I suspect that all of them will come from the "Flying Eagle Mouth Bicycle and WMD Factory" or some such in China. Any search like:

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&q=toledo+10+ton+hydraulic+puller&btnG=Search&meta=

should turn them up somewhere nearby.

The ram is very good because it's application is so slow and controllable. VERY BLOODY STRONG!!!
  17. Repko

Repko Adventurer wantabe

Oddometer:
    Got to get the Camel-toe.

Best to date!? is the Motoport Jacket being made right now. This one's different than any so far. Leaner & I believe near perfect in design. Custom & amazingly functional. Everything is just right on this one.

Several jackets out there with fantastic design, pocket placement, size & look but...no one uses the Kevlar blend material Motoport has. This makes it a durable safe multy-tumble piece of gear. Not one spill disposable.

The design is the cool new deal on this jacket.

I'll post pix in 4 weeks.
  18. metalorleather

metalorleather horse or bike great!

Oddometer:
    I recently purchased a Garmin 760... Simple menus, talks the roads and trails (SLAP). I like speed and up front I noticed the thing would say turn right in 60 feed... It does this at most all steep turns. Kept me from trying to fly my V-Strom off the mountain several times.:clap No flapping your wings will not work on a Strom! :eek1
  19. Bumpy ahead

Bumpy ahead Bumpy Ahead

Oddometer:
    Firstgear Kilimanjaro Air, Polo Drive riding pants and Sigma boots.

They are all waterproof, except for the boots after being repaired, the waterproof liner was broken and teared-off. It's me rendezvous with friends in Kebumen Central Java after solo riding to Dieng.
    [​IMG]
  20. Iaone

Iaone And there I was!

Oddometer:
    My wife! $5 marriage license. Best bargain ever! :D The upkeep has been kinda high but the benefits far out way the cost any day!:evil