AR-NWA ADV BS thread

Discussion in 'Tejas and the Gulf States' started by Elvis70, Mar 27, 2009.

1. DrLewall

DrLewall ADV Has gone to SHIT

Oddometer:
    so..are you home in the USA finally?? :thumb

well lets see... a few of these :flip :flip :flip

and a bunch of this .... travis will return it to you with the dog :rofl

[​IMG]
  2. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    IF, and thats a big IF, we ride tomorrow, want me to send you a waypoint of where to meet us in HSV?
  3. tokyoklahoma

tokyoklahoma 75%has been 25%wanabe

Oddometer:
    Got my R5 out for a ride today. I was planning to go to NWA Motorsports new place and pick-up a sparkplug wrench to keep on the bike. (It is a 2 smoker after all):jose
    I wasn't sure where there new place was so I overshot it going East on 412. No problem, I turned around next door to that place that boards dogs and sells pirate costumes. Wait for about 60 bikes to go by Westbound,:clap and a few cars, then I pull out Westbound and run up through a few gears. I start braking and downshifting while looking in my mirror to make sure I don't get squashed from behind, and almost overshoot the driveway. (should have:huh). Trying to turn in I get unsettled by the curb-thing that so many driveways have at the entrance, and run wide into the grass.:eek1
    Yeah.. I was still on the front brake....yeah.. I washed out the front and did a nosedive into the grass with the bike on it's left side.:muutt :rofl
    I was going maybe 5mph at the time, talk about embarrassing.:shog
    Unfortunately my left foot was pinned under the bike, that wouldn't have been to bad except the toe of my boot was pointed to the rear.:eek1
    I turned my body (by rolling around like a pig in mud) and my foot came free. I stood-up while taking "personal inventory" and everything still worked, but the ankle did hurt. Started to pick-up the bike, and didn't get it halfway before one of the NWAM guys was there to help.
    MUCH THANKS!!! :clap:thumb
    He pushed the bike up to the front of the shop, after asking if I was OK, and we gave the bike a quick once-over.
    No broken levers, no split grips, no bent or broken gear shift lever, but the forks/bars are tweaked.:cry

So I limped into the store, had a look around, and purchased a spark-plug wrench. Then kicked the old girl a couple of times, she started fine, and limped her on home. I WAS looking forward to some two-lane blacktop ridding today, but shit happens.:D

The bike did fine on the four-lane power/speed wise, but my fingers did get a bit tingly by Tontitown. I think I'll try the silicone/lead shot trick on my "new" bars.

Now I have a goose-egg on the outside of my left ankle, I have done two rounds of the ice/heat therapy. I think I will put-off getting it x-rayed until at least Monday and see how it goes. After a couple of more ice/heat cycles I'm wrapping it up in an Ace bandage and going to tinker with my bike.:wink:
  4. tokyoklahoma

Oddometer:
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOE!!!:freaky
  5. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    am wondering if any of you NWA guys know how to ride :rofl

way too many injuries lately! :huh
  6. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    a sonic double cheese burger sure sounds good! :clap

do I have one or get one? NOPE! :cry
  7. Zecatfish

Zecatfish XTique Rider

Oddometer:

If the bars are tweaked, just loosen the triple clamps on the tubes and retweak em the other way. I would almost bet you just smack it against the stop once or twice and they will straighten too.
  8. tokyoklahoma

Oddometer:
    Yes, that's exactly what I plan to do. I have spent some time riding with tweaked fronts from playing in the dirt.
    I thought I had that out of my system. LOL

The swelling had gone down on my ankle....until I hobbled around the kitchen fixing a late lunch. Back on the ice-pack.
  9. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    There is a line in the movie Quigley Down Under where they were getting off the boat.."Old people should be made to go last or get the hell out of the way!"..I think that rule applies to airports :D
  10. joenuclear

joenuclear Still here....

Oddometer:
    the Ozark, Boston, Kiamichi and Ouachita Mnts
    Thanks, heal quick.
  11. tokyoklahoma

Oddometer:
    I loosened up the bolts on the bar clamps and most of the tweakage came out. Loosened up the triple tree clamps and the fork brace bolts, pushed the bike and hit the front brake a few times forward and back. Back in line.:clap

The ankle.....not so much.:lol3

I am getting more range of motion....and swelling...so back on the ice pack. Not much pain, so I think it's just a sprain.:wink:
  12. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    so you still going to the Electric Cowboy for some good ole Boot Scootin tonite? :rofl
  13. NateLePain

NateLePain The Illegitimate Painter

Oddometer:
    Down in E. TX visiting the Out-Laws. Went to the local Triumph dealer and spied the new 1200 Explorer.

[​IMG]
  14. TRZ Charlie

TRZ Charlie That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer:
    Phew the lake is full of freakin idiots today. I went down by the marina to look at bikini clad women and the water patrol was ticketing people by the handful. One guy got hauled away (drinking or drugs I think). Good day NOT to be on the water. Excellent day for bikini clad women.
  15. Dragon43

Dragon43 If you insist.

Oddometer:
    Martha is out of town huh? :amazon
  16. DrLewall

Oddometer:
    :ddog

Here I was, home all alone..the roomie has been gone all day and still is and you went gurly'n and didnt invite me? what a pal! :huh
  17. Supahflid

Supahflid Wheelieless Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Hello my Arkansas buddies, I have started a Ride Report on my trip to the Grand Canyon.

Riding the Rim!
  18. joenuclear

Oddometer:
    Kewl!
  19. Valentino Magoo

Valentino Magoo Like a speeding slug Supporter

Oddometer:
    Happy B-day Joe! I understand this is the big 65, SO I'LL TYPE LOUDER!
  20. joenuclear

Oddometer:
    :roflThanks Magoo. I guess I'm OK...... At least my Hammies are.:D