Oz / Kiwi Suzuki DR650 Adv Riders Sign in Here please

Discussion in 'Australia' started by davorallyfan, Feb 20, 2007.

1. medicmick

medicmick Spike

Oddometer:
    this ones just a more basic unit with the mic on the wire.MM.

Attached Files:

2. medicmick

medicmick Spike

Oddometer:
  3. Willwilkins

Willwilkins Dr. Topbox

Oddometer:
    Looks a bit bodgy to me, hope those screws stay in better than the bolts holding Rhys's (RJF) bashplate!

Attached Files:

4. rosscoact

rosscoact need constant supervision

Oddometer:
    Hopefully they didn't leave any extras inside like my wrenching efforts:lol3

when can you pull a boot on again champ?

rossco
  5. crossbred

crossbred yfm700/dr650

Oddometer:
    hey all whats crackin! ive just become the proud owner of an 07 DR650 and im stoked!
    myself and the old boy are doin the border run and headin to innaminka and back to perth the the long way in august. we gotta get the bikes set up before august when we leave but are havin trouble findin places that sell good aftermarket bits.
    we need pannier racks, fork spring upgrades, heated handgrips, bashplates, centre stands, 18lt tanks and 18in rear wheels.
    any info on where we could find this stuff would be awesome!
    hopefully theres a few more 650's at the border this year!
  6. Stackator

Stackator F800GS goodness

Oddometer:
    Give this link a go here
  7. Willwilkins

Willwilkins Dr. Topbox

Oddometer:
    For the centre stand plus over 300 pages of DR waffle inc 18" wheel stuff try http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135295&page=316

For an 18 litre IMS tank and panniers/ racks try http://www.amcr.com.au/motorcycles_for_sale.htm

Or just get a 32 litre Safari tank aussie made and great

Staintune pipe and dyno jet kit transforms bike from softy plodder to proper 650 single power

Bash plate B&B or Whipps

Decent bars and risers well worth doing

Protect your arse and call http://homepage.powerup.com.au/~maddoggy/ and tell him you want aseat like job No 89E. 2-3 hours comfort and standing for off road stil good. Fits with Safari tank but different i think with IMS tank

Heated grips - Vince Strang in Inverell NSW plus loads of other advice

14 tooth front sprocket is good, stock is v.high geared for off road, take both with you and swap out as you need to

Springs and Dyno jet + chain rollers otherwise it'll rattle like buggerery on the dirt http://www.kientech.com/ don't know who does suspension fitting in WA. Springs tranform the bike. Do it!

MT21's are great - why bother with 18" wheel, probably bugger up centre stand anyway. Also a screen/fairing is handy, lots available (twisted throttle MCA the best i reckon) look but look a bit gay to me so i "magivered" my own one - Burren Rider may be able to help you more here as his looked sweet on his 400

Good luck ,and kiss goodbye to $3-3,500K!!! Happy riding
    Here is a pic of mine with extra large fairing for a home made roadbook/navigation lunch box thing

Attached Files:

8. jtb

jtb Long timer

Oddometer:
    MM,

Thanks for the info on the McKay stuff! Was it expensive? Not that I mind paying a few extra $$$ for quality but the first thing the minister will say is "Why? How much will it cost?"

Thanks again!
    JTB
  9. sleepywombat

sleepywombat the DR650 pig

Oddometer:
    after considering selling the dr ive decided to keep it and get the suspension sorted out and possibly looking at getting some supermoto set up going for commuting and keep an adv package in the shed ie: D606's and the safari tank ... does anyone know how much it would cost to do all this ????
  10. InertiaDRZ400

InertiaDRZ400 AusSafari Addict

Oddometer:
    OK , so ive got a 06 DR650 , has got Staintune and 150main jet, B&B Bash Plate, Risers and Rentals and a Set of MT21's. Now im from perth and am seriously considering competeing in the Aus Safari next year and am questioning the ability of the DR to do the 5200kms in 8 days well enough to be reasonably fast! And maybe evebn slightly compeditive! Having seen the inability of the stock suspension to do any jumps i know thats a definate but not sure wether to go all out on the stock shocks or look at replacing them with DRZ equipment ! It's either all out on the DR650 or trade for something like a 525 or something of that manner!

Any idea's or links would be greatly appreciated!!
  11. DrPig

DrPig Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'za Here.....!
    DRPIG reporting for Duty !
  12. Stackator

Stackator F800GS goodness

Oddometer:
    Doing it on the DR will prove you have skills and it is not just the bike making you look good. They suck a bit at jumps even with uprated suspension but are great at everything else especially longevity.
  13. davorallyfan

davorallyfan Commonist Supporter

Oddometer:
    We'd all be rooting for yah.

:viking

But we'd also be be rooting for for fun too.

When and if we are allowed!
  14. theMISSIONARY

theMISSIONARY hunting and riding!!

Oddometer:
    this might help:D

http://www.racetech.com/evalving/english/Srchpr.asp?bikeid=1065&manufacture=Suzuki&model=DR650SE&year=2001&TABLEINFO=dirt&langname=english
  15. InertiaDRZ400

Oddometer:
    See im actually a mechanic by trade but id rather have someone that knows the suspension of a DR650 in perth have a look and decide what i would need to do the job, not that ur help isnt apprecited but im gunna need some help from an experienced suspension tuner to get the DR's suspension up to scratch for the rally !
  16. thealien

thealien Not From Around Here

Oddometer:
    Got me an 07 in Feb. Added whipps b\plate, staintune full system, dyno-jet, air box mod, Vince Strang heated grips, safari tank, thumperGman pannier mounts, eagle screen and got some race rech fork springs & eibach rear spring on the way from Strang as well coz the front end washes out on the sand (or is it just me?!). Work on bike and rider continues.....
  17. sleepywombat

sleepywombat the DR650 pig

Oddometer:
    hmmmm what about a team of W.A DR riders to do the rally in 08 :evil if we all run the same bikes we may need less parts and they'd be cheaper especially if we got mucullochs or savage to sponsor us, and also if someone crashes out then we have a spare bike for parts too. If any one is seriously interested then let me know... I see this as preperation for the dakar
  18. InertiaDRZ400

Oddometer:

Count me in! i went and bought some perspex today to try and make a good winsheild that can house a roadbook setup and a few other bits and pieces. But seriously im keen as mustard! Ive ogtta find someone in perth that can do good suspension setups for the DR soon but !!!
  19. medicmick

medicmick Spike

Oddometer:
    you have a $ for the race rech fork springs & eibach rear spring? thinking about doin' the same.MM.
  20. medicmick

medicmick Spike

Oddometer:
    pic of mounts...but had to move evrything when the safari tank went on...this is with the safari tank on....just all tuned in and tidied up. MM.

Attached Files: