Radioman Rides the World.......

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by Radioman, May 19, 2011.

1. Radioman

Radioman Moto rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    Manali is at 6,500 feet at the base of Rohtang Pass. The mountains are beautiful!

[​IMG]

All the stores are packed with goods, and they shop owner knows where they all are.

[​IMG]

The other day as MoBill and I had lunch, I kept watching ladies walking by carrying large loads ....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Taking a walk around town to see how the buildings are built.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These two girls were too cute!

[​IMG]

Waterfall

[​IMG]

We ate dinner, great food and the Dali Lama was watching over MoBill

[​IMG]

Animals in the streets on the way home!

[​IMG]

MoBill had a power cable for his Dell Laptop fry, but fortunately he found one at the computer store in Manali!

[​IMG]

MoBill and Ramesh who works at our hotel and is really great!!

[​IMG]

and a Temple in Manali

[​IMG]

Had to stop at India Post :)

[​IMG]

The way they package their shipments is amazing!

[​IMG]

The guy next to me was shipping a package to West Lebanon, IN which is where my brother in law lives. Crazy.

[​IMG]

Temple in Town.

[​IMG]

Daytime in town is mild, but really picks up later in the evening!

[​IMG]

Street vendors selling all kinds of things.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and the street food looks good!

[​IMG]

Loving all the nuts and spices out for sale.

[​IMG]

We went to check on the progress of our bikes and MoBill gets into dialog with the shopkeeper next door and the others! Great interactions all around. Nice!

[​IMG]

Bought a new hat today !

[​IMG]

This is the second shirt I had stitched in Leh. It shows all the mountains passes and elevations that we rode!!

[​IMG]
  2. MoBill

MoBill Smiles when says dat

Oddometer:
    Just so yas know, I was happy at lunch, Mark just said "hold still" so's I did :)

Drifter's cafe, super awesome. Fries...veggie burger...nice.
  3. LadyDraco

LadyDraco KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Oddometer:
    :lol3 I was just showing HB ...
    And said you look tired ,and the altitude is showing on ya :D

And HB said it's all from that dang Curry you've been eating :oscar

Well ya just shot the crap out of my thoughts ...:huh
  4. Reddog*

Reddog* Meh.........

Oddometer:
    Well at least you weren't in the middle of a big bite of food. :D

Glad to see you and Mark are having a good time. :clap
  5. Mr. Vintage

Mr. Vintage Family Dude Supporter

Oddometer:
    Awesome trip Mark, the scenery is unreal! What's the latest on your tappet-shedding Bullet? (Maybe Slug or Bomb would be more appropriate... :lol3)
  6. Katoom119

Katoom119 Mmmm....Orange Kool-aid

Oddometer:
    So you're in the middle of the Himalayas, riding a motorcycle in the mountains, and I'm sitting in JFK about to board a flight back home so I can start an internship on Monday....hmmm.....yeah, you win.

I did just get back from the Isle of Man TT though so it isn't all bad. :hide
  7. Pork Butt

Pork Butt Save the USA

Oddometer:
    keep going my friend ........ always with you :clap

PB
  8. 4NoNo

4NoNo Adventurer

Oddometer:
    India looks like wonderland. WOW!
  9. Chapstick

Chapstick Iron Butt rider

Oddometer:
    following along with the Enfield Breakdowns and it may be a silly question--is it a part of the expectation for the renter of these things that you are responsible for the repairs?? while they don't appear to be costly, they are an inconvenience and one could breakdown somewhere a whole lot farther away from civilization than you have. amazing how God takes care of you.

I appreciate your "go with the flow" attitude. I could use a portion of that right now.

God's speed my friend
  10. Radioman

Oddometer:
    <iframe width="860" height="483" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tLYxisEsbs4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  11. Radioman

Oddometer:
    June 2, 2012 Saturday Manali, India.

MoBill just left riding to Dehli so that he can return the bike and fly home. We had an awesome time as two riders. We planned well, communicated and had a great travel experience. No drama or issues between us at all. Really a great way to travel and we have the ADV site to thank. Just a decade ago or less, this meeting and connection in cyber space would never have happened. The truly amazing part is the virtual friend can become a lifetime friends in reality. Two guys from opposite sides of the country, different backgrounds and lives, that have come together to ride half way around the world! Incredible!!

<iframe width="860" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_bduzgCBnZ8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is the internet Cafe that we have been using when the hotel internet does not work (often).

[​IMG]

They also ship packages. So I had a few things that I sent home, but the packaging of the box, and then a cloth over bag all sewed to fit the box is the way it is done. Really cool. Bill actually sent a package just to have the box when he gets home :)

[​IMG]

He finishes the outside and then writes all the description and passport copy, information etc.

[​IMG]

MoBills box.... ready to ship!

[​IMG]

We sat out and had a snack at a little outdoor cafe.

[​IMG]

Bill ordered something called "hello to the Queen". It was tasty!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Auto rickshaw to the Moto shop to pick up are bikes.

[​IMG]

We had a great dinner at the Lazy Dog Cafe

[​IMG]

MoBill was up early to get packed on headed south to Dehli!

[​IMG]

he started checking all his work email, and turning his mind toward going home.... Typical as a ride comes to an end!

[​IMG]

Bill saying goodbye to one of the Hotel Staff. Ramesh is from Nepal and a great young guy!! We loved interacting with him!

[​IMG]

Time to say Farewell, Safe travels to a great guy! We had an amazing ride and so glad that Bill was able to make the trip happen!!

FEW THOUGHTS ON THE DAY.......

As always in transition of travel, your brain goes into overload of thoughts and emotions. This chapter of my life has been one of solo traveler riding some of the world, but the best part is having had great riding partners that have joined me on parts of the adventure, and the people I have met along the way. It is great. Personally I am not a loner nor a person who wants to do this alone, but actually love sharing the journey in person and online with others.

So I start a new point on my own for some weeks ahead. It is always the unknown that gets your head thinking, but then you start out, and the journey unfolds as you meet people on the road, in the hotels or sites, and it enriches the journey.

My plan is to hang out in Manali a few more days, enjoying the area, working on some video editing and uploading (if the internet allows!) Then head to Dharmasala where the exiled government of Tibet is located along with the Dali Lama. Should be interesting!
  12. arraflipper

arraflipper Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    When you put on here you were going to ride in India, I have to admit I thought why ride there. After seeing the pictures, storys, and videos, it is easy to see you picked another winner. Truly awesome country, love the mountian pictures, and for a guy who doesn't like cities I have to admit you make them look very inviting. Yes you have me hooked and looking for your every installment of things to see and enjoy on your ride reports. Thanks for opening my eyes, to the sights along your journeys.

I have gotten Water Buffalo horn from India for longbows I build. I had to save the hand made bag they were shipped in. All baseball stitched with a built in handle that held the paperwork.
  13. EKIN

EKIN Just Do It

Oddometer:
    Mobill safe travels as you return home.

Radioman your video looks so professional.:clap. Young James is going to be jealous. Not only because of your editing skills, the scenery you are capturing is hard to express in words...fantastic.
  14. yellowknife

yellowknife Is In Canada

Oddometer:
    [QUOTE="Cyclepath";18819791]Mobill safe travels as you return home.

Radioman your video looks so professional.:clap. Young James is going to be jealous. Not only because of your editing skills, the scenery you are capturing is hard to express in words...fantastic.[/QUOTE]

I think Young James may have taught Radioman a few video tricks. Excellent video for sure either way. I am glued to this RR. Excellent stuff.

yk
  15. DCrider

DCrider Live from THE Hill

Oddometer:
    Been catching up over early morning coffee, great times Mark and as usual nothing phases you, just all part of the enrichment of the experience :thumb
  16. LadyDraco

LadyDraco KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Oddometer:
    That is really cool how the put that over cove on the boxes ...

And that snack Hello to the Queen.. :tb

Yes we love Bill here in VA.. :rogue :clap
    And so true what you said ..
    About this place to have life long friends !!!
  17. Chanderjeet

Chanderjeet "IndiYeah & SveriYeah!!"

Oddometer:
    Mobill just rode in... :clap:clap
  18. Radioman

Oddometer:
    :thumb
  19. ksmdigital

ksmdigital Adventurer

Oddometer:
  20. arn