Iowa Roll Call

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by bellbear, Jul 29, 2008.

1. ShrinerDan

ShrinerDan Helping kids walk

Oddometer:
    I got home from surgery about 11am. I should be back to riding in about a month I hope. They already said I could drive.
  2. Calkins

Calkins On Any Sunday... Supporter

Oddometer:
    My buddy has 2 Yamaha QT50 YamaChoppers parts mopeds. Mostly complete. Both have good motors. Both fuel tanks are if OK shape, both are red. Only one seat, that's in great shape. One yellow, one red. Only one dash.

In Iowa Falls

Might deliver for some gas money

$100
  3. 30Bones

30Bones Long timer

Oddometer:
    I will take them. PM me details and I will contact him about it all. Thanks
  4. El Guero

El Guero Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yer nuts man, nuts!
  5. 30Bones

30Bones Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well I need to spend another $35 on rings that broke the other night. Might as well buy 2 more moped for $100 and possibly make 2 runners total or use what I need and part the rest and possibly make my $$ back. Trying to keep this a cheap hobby. :roflBest case, get two runners, sell one for $250 to you and be a wash

Hell my free Trail 70 parts list is already nearing $500 and that is sans any new chrome/paint/powdercoat. :huh
  6. Calkins

Oddometer:
    We have to fund our Bonneville Speed Week trip next month somehow!

Anyone need turbo Buick stuff? :evil
  7. 30Bones

30Bones Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mmmm A Buick GN......drooooool
  8. Calkins

Oddometer:
    Do you mean :tb

He has T-Type stuff, so it's a GN incognito :evil
  9. El Guero

El Guero Long timer

Oddometer:
    Jeebus! What else is wrong with Zuma? You could just about get a pipe or a piston kit for that kind of money.
  10. 30Bones

30Bones Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'll keep you in mind. I am not going to plate either of mine, just use my plate off a real bike. Unless I get a wild hair this winter and send in the paperwork on them.
  11. 30Bones

30Bones Long timer

Oddometer:
    How much trouble can you get in riding a moped to work on side streets anyway?? :lol3

Carb, seat and other misc parts in in a box. All I have so far for pics.

[​IMG]
  12. El Guero

El Guero Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey, do you guys have any idea how much it costs to register a bike in Iowa? I decided I am going to go ahead and register the Magna here (fingers crossed because I've got the Maine reg which doesn't come with a title). The thing qualifies as an antique I think, but I'll just do whatever is cheapest.
  13. 30Bones

30Bones Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes it's $10/year if you have a title (at least that's what my VFR was, newer ones are around $30 IIRC). It was $80 last year for my car, trailer and 2 bikes.

We have to apply for them and it will be somewhere in the $1-200 range to get a bonded title I am guessing. May be way less, but I have never done it. Josh sent his paperwork in, so I am following his lead

If these had titles, they'd already have plates
  14. 30Bones

30Bones Long timer

Oddometer:
    It rolls just fine, and I have new bearings already from a previous project. It turns over fine, needs the left side cover (3 speed auto) and sprokets BAD. The rest is all cosmetics and some saftey issues, but nothing I am worried about yet.
  15. El Guero

El Guero Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm hoping I don't have to do a bonded title. The state of Maine doesn't issue or require titles for vehicles over 15 years old or so. Hopefully they do here in Iowa like they do in other states and just give me a new title for it...

BTW registration is freakin cheap here! It costs about $70 to renew my KLR in NE!
  16. 30Bones

30Bones Long timer

Oddometer:
    They won't give you a title unless you have a title for what you have currently. But if you do, they print IA title right then and there at the DMV. :freaky
  17. CR_TurboGuy

CR_TurboGuy Iowhat?

Oddometer:
    From what the lady @ the DMV told me, for a bonded title, they go by the low Blue Book value, and you have to have a bond for 150% of that. You either give the DMV the $ to hold onto for the bond, or she said something about taking some form to your insurance company & they would put up the bond w/ you paying a much smaller percentage to your insurance company. I mailed the paperwork out about a week ago, so that's about all the further in the process I am. I'll be sure to update here when I hear more back.

--JOsh
  18. Calkins

Oddometer:
    Ask ifrugby. He just got done doing a bonded title for a Trail 70.
  19. El Guero

El Guero Long timer

Oddometer:
    Even if I have a valid registration for it? I am hoping I don't have to do the bonded title bullshit.
  20. CR_TurboGuy

CR_TurboGuy Iowhat?

Oddometer:
    No idea. Why don't you call the DMV & ask?:ear :lol3

--JOsh