Central Networking Thread

Discussion in 'Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States' started by dragoon, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Thanantos

Thanantos Ride hard.

Oddometer:
    My company does web design and IT consulting. Our website is:
    http://4brothersit.com

The company is composed of myself (a cop, paramedic and part-time geek), my two Dutch ex-pat brothers-in-law (a .net programmer and network manager) and my Canadian brother-in-law who does the bean counting.

and here are a few websites we have done for clients (ones I can think of off the top of my head):
    http://zrgraphics.com
    http://dsam-mi.org
    http://www.canopytreeinc.com/

Feel free to let me know if you need anything.
  2. Merle O'Broham

Merle O'Broham here comes the short bus

Oddometer:
    Immediate opening for computer programming teacher at Von Steuben High School in Chicago up on the North Side. Could be a sweet gig for a laid-off IT guy. PM me for info, not the school. I don't know offhand if it's temp until June 18 or permanent. Teaching- not just a job but an ADV!
  3. JustAdam

JustAdam Bloody No's

Oddometer:
    Anyone looking for electronics, on the cheap cheap, used or refurbished please take a look at the company I just started working for .... http://www.unitecrecyclingcorp.com
    I actually started there a month ago, they let 2 people go because they were not doing the job, and promoted me to Internet Manager because I rebuilt the entire web site, and started both eBay stores too.

Anything from Whole computers, monitors, keyboards, mice, speakers, parts, laptops and MUCH more - OMG, there is sooooo much!
    On our web site you can see the links to our eBay store too, but if there is something in particular you are looking for please let us know.
    I will tell the boss that if anyone calls and states they are an ADV member, we will give a discount - not sure how much, but everything is already discounted anyway :)

What we do is recycle electronics, so we pick up product from everywhere, hospitals, corporations, schools, and just people dropping off from homes. We refurbish or re-sell what we can, and the rest is scrap. Get some great deals on good used electronics all the time.
  4. Northwoods Yeti

Northwoods Yeti Almost house broken

Oddometer:
    The company I work for is an industry leading hardwood flooring manufacturer.

http://www.wdflooring.com/

We have pre-finished and traditional flooring in: Maple, Red Oak, White Oak, Yellow Birch, Hckory, Cherry, Black Walnut and Ash. We produce widths from 1 1/2" up to 7". I think one of our best products is something we call Mountain grade. It's a character floor with an average length of 6'. Most flooring comes in random length which is everything from 20" piece up to 7'. In mountain grade the shortest piece is 5' and the longest is [8' for the unfinished and 7' for pre-finished] It's full of color swirls and sound knots you can really see the woods grain and character in every piece. A large portion of the lumber we use is locally sourced from our sister company http://www.nicolethardwoods.com/ They have 40,000 acres of sustainable managed forests and have been in buisness for 100 years. We are located in Northern Wisconsin but look for a dealer near you on the website:thumb
  5. *Gravy*

*Gravy* Jedi Loser

Oddometer:
    Looking for someone to do concrete work near Forest Lake, MN. Send me a PM or e-mail at t r a v n c a r i (at) msn (dot) com if you're interested
  6. went2fast

went2fast Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I got a guy for ya!
  7. *Gravy*

*Gravy* Jedi Loser

Oddometer:
    :thumb
  8. Doorguy1979

Doorguy1979 Dreamridin'

Oddometer:
    I am the service/shop manager of Fairmount Door Corp, West Lafayette Indiana. We also have locations in Marion, and Kokomo Indiana. If you need your garage door serviced, or replaced, give us a call, we cover all of central Indiana. Basically if you are within 100 miles of Indiana 26, we cover you. From Indianapolis to Renssaleer, Attica to Winchester, Huntington to Plainsfield, and so on.

We have some of the best trained, most knowledgeable techs in the business, our lead men average 17 years experience.

We are also capable and knowledgeable in the area of large doors, we have installed up to 40' wide, and up to 26' high for all your farm building needs.

Currently offering Raynor, Haas, and Amaar Doors. Liftmaster and Raynor operators. We service all makes and models.

We also offer dock equipment service and replacement.

Currently offering special for new customers.

Thank you for your time and business;
    Lee Lewis, service/shop manager-West Lafayette 765-464-1100

Marion/Kokomo areas. 765-674-6789
  9. RennyGade

RennyGade Adventurer

Oddometer:
    We are located in the NW corner of the lower pennisula of Michigan. A great spot to base out of for exploring the tip of mitt! We have an indoor pool, Hot tub, and private balconies. Our rates are good and if you mention Adventure Rider I'm sure we can come up with a little better!

http://www.crookedriverlodge.com
  10. R.C.S.

R.C.S. Adventurer

Oddometer:
    i am in the process of opening a service shop on the north side of omaha. i am a PHD certified harley tech with about 6 yrs experience. no 6 yrs isn't that much but i pride myself in doing a job once, the right way. i have experience with import cruisers as well and i ride a triumph scrambler. i am by no means brand specific. if you live in the area or are just passing thru, swing by, i would enjoy meeting you. and i will do my best to help you with whatever you're needing.
  11. seriousracer

seriousracer be a man dodge tree bark

Oddometer:
    i am not f***ng stupid,but i used too. niles mi.
    Hey
    Well to begin with i like puppies and long walks on the beach .....

well ok....
    Independent bmw and adventure style full bike service, along with vintage cars and race car prep.

i am in Niles michigan 6 miles north of 80/90 just off Us12.
    www.kmotorwerks.com
    269 684 0362

yah not sure what else to say if your in the area and i can help i will.
    Sometimes i can provide shelter or camping space to.

kurt
  12. Crocodile Tears

Crocodile Tears Powerful Truth Angels Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well, in the near future...

In December of 2010 I will be a college graduate of Michigan Tech looking for a full time position in the field of Industrial Technology. Coursework involves quality assurance, statistics, lean manufacturing, production planning and control, facility and process design.

I started my college career in Mechanical Engineering Technology and was there until my 5th semester, so I do have knowledge of statics, dynamics, basic machine design, and fluid systems also.

I've also taken many business and economics classes in accordance with degree requirements and as general electives, such as basic accounting, micro/macroeconomics, international economics, business law and organizational behavior (essentially a business psychology course).

Finally, I rounded out my degree with history and philosophy courses, two of my major interests.

The best practical work experience I have is as a metal fabricator for a small welding shop near my home. This includes mig welding, bending, drilling, simple fabrication, and basic manual machining on lathe.

I'd like to find an entry level position in a company that can use an Industrial Technology major for full time employment. As I stated, I will graduate in December of 2010, GPA will be about 3.1. I'm hard working, don't mind long hours, and am willing to learn. I am willing to relocate to just about anywhere, but would prefer to go to Wisconsin or Minnesota.

If anyone has any leads pm me, as I need to get a jump on my search. Hopefully I can have a solid job offer by graduation day.

Resume available at request, and thanks for your time.
    -Andrew
  13. masterjorg

masterjorg n00b

Oddometer:
    Looking for anyone travelling from South central Misouri (Rolla area) to Fargo, ND or Minneapolis who could haul a 450Exc. Bike is in Rolla MO and I'm in Fargo. I'll pay for gas and extras! Call Mike @701-371-5527.

Masterjorg
  14. gsfreeman2

gsfreeman2 Ersatz adventurer

Oddometer:
    Executive Suites of Minnesota provides shared office facilities and virtual office services to mobile and work-at-home professionals.

Why use your home address on your business card and give up that layer of security between your personal and business life? Why meet your clients or prospects at Caribou or Starbucks when you could meet them in a clean, private, furnished conference room or day office?

In addition to our virtual office services, we also offer full-time shared office space available on a short-term (1 year or less) lease with all office equipment (telephones, furnishings, copiers/scanners/printers) available.

Contact me for the first month's free on a virtual contract or two months of rent free with a 14-month lease.

http://www.exsmn.com
    http://www.virtualofficemn.com
  15. SZRimaging

SZRimaging Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Web developer/designer and photographer in Northern Lower MI. On staff at a resort but willing to do small side jobs. Otherwise, always open to new opportunities in new cities.

Work in C#, ASP.net, ASP, HTML, CSS, HTML5, CSS3, Javascript, Ajax, Prototype, MSSQL and much much more.
  16. Crashcup

Crashcup Underfunded Explorer

Oddometer:
    Well, might as well get my info out here. It's been great having more time to ride, but I need to get going on something soon.

Looking for contracts or a new position with a company. I have 14 years of experience in IT, primarily as a Business Analyst, and that primarily with Oracle Applications / eBusiness Suite.

Open to contracts on W-2 basis, or direct through my company, T Rock Consulting. Also considering a permanent-type position with a great company.

If you think you know anyone who need someone like me, please PM me with an email and I'll be glad to shoot off my resume.

Thanks
  17. Hank.SD

Hank.SD Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Machine design engineer wanted.
    <o:p> </o:p>
    Successful custom automation builder in Eastern South Dakota looking for an experienced machine design engineer with mechanical design, electrical control design and programming experience. We would also consider a candidate with control and programming experience only.
    Ideal candidate would have:
    BSME, or BSEE
    5-10 years of experience in automation design engineering, including some or all of following:
    Electrical / programming:<o:p></o:p>
    Schematic creation with AutoCAD or DWGeditor
    Considerable experience with Allen Bradley PLCs (500 and 5000 platforms), servos, VFDs, and HMIs (Panelview Plus). This is a primary requirement.<o:p></o:p>
    Automation Direct PLCs and hardware
    Vision programming experience, Cognex primarily
    Robotic programming (Staubli, Fanuc, Kuka, Adept)
    Experience with C#, C++, and SQL databases, and Think and Do PC based control desirable but not required, as long as you are willing to learn.

Mechanical:<o:p></o:p>
    Solidworks experience
    Material handling equipment
    __Conveyors and transfer lines
    __Stacking and feeding equipment
    Wood processing equipment
    Metal fabrication / processing
    Inspection equipment utilizing machine vision
    Medical packaging
    Robotic integration (Staubli, Fanuc, Kuka, Adept)
    Candidate must be capable of working independently and managing a project timeline, and dealing with customers, some of which may be unreasonable :D
    Candidate must be hardworking, creative, and like a challenge.
    Some travel is required, maybe averaging 20-30% annually with some installations requiring 2-3 weeks time away from home at a shot.
    The position includes Medical / Dental insurance, 401K with match, and a competitive salary that depends on experience and skills.
    Company is located in the heart of prime walleye fishing and pheasant hunting country.
    If you are interested and meet a significant number of the above guidelines, PM me and I&#8217;ll send you my work email address where you can forward your resume.
    Thank you!
  18. crazydrummerdude

crazydrummerdude Wacky Bongo Boy

Oddometer:
    Aerospace Engineer
    Minor in Mathematics
    Minor in Materials
    Minor in Explosives Engineering
    Certificate in Explosives Engineering

2 years of explosives engineering research.
    2 years of microsatellite thruster research.
    7 years of self employment; owned 2 businesses (one lawncare, one industrial tool sharpening).

Manual and CNC machine tool (lathe and mill) experience.

Previously employed in an aerospace prototype/design lab.
    Currently employed in a foundry/machine shop.

Familiar with Solidworks, Catia, Ansys, MasterCAM, EasyCAM, Magmasoft, White Seismology, C++, HTML, Microsoft Office, CNC G-Code.

7 years as a professional drummer; 14 years drumming.
    5 years as an amateur guitarist.
    3 years as an amateur photographer.
  19. bomber60015

bomber60015 Hold fast Supporter

Oddometer:
    A lacal to me company is actively (desperately) seeking folks with any automotive background for multiple open positions. Mainly in auto body repair, but they are really looking for everything.

Great company, good pay and benefits, multiple Chicagoland locations.

PM me, and I'll send you to the appropriate people.
  20. XPADREX

XPADREX Funslinger

Oddometer:
    Due to recent expansion, Thiel's Wheels is in need of a motorcycle technician.

The shop is located in central Ohio, about an hour north of Columbus. Featured marques are Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, and now Triumph (which frankly has been an increasing amount of business). Thiel's Wheels also services other brands, like Suzuki, Aprilia, etc.

In the "second season" (fall/winter), much focus is on ATVs, Mules, etc.

Performance work is an issue- with dyno tuning a priority.

If interested, please mail a resume and cover letter to:

TWI Metric Division
    350 Tarhe Trail
    Upper Sandusky, OH 43351