World of Tanks

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by OConnor, Jan 29, 2012.

1. papalobster

papalobster With Gusto!

Oddometer:
    I noticed I got extra silver last night on the Cromwell "for event" but I couldn't find anything that paid extra on that? Maybe it's because I rammed and killed a KV2:rofl

I unlocked the SU100 too. Not sure if I'm going to buy it or not.

Looks like I'll spend the weekend playing the T25at (and E8) and trying to get my win rate past 40% :bluduh
  2. Mambo Danny

Mambo Danny I cannot abide.

Oddometer:
    I was *cough* unemployed, lol. :lol3

And dedicated since that tier 9 sale was starting in something like 4 days. :D

I also had a clan mate or two who were grinding tier 8's, so that helped (a little - sometimes having a platoon slows the grind down), and the Proto eventually had the biggest gun, so I'm guessing that helped me to keep earning big XP for each battle. Premium is a must, of course, and some use of Gold rounds when facing tier 10's is as well.

It was a fun challenge (actually, it was sort of grueling) that I hope to never have to do again :wink:

I think it's incredible that you remembered that I wrote about it at all, lol. That's kinda cool.
  3. janeuner

janeuner Get Some

Oddometer:
    IMHO, SU-100 is the high point in the USSR TD line. It's well worth garage space. Get the 100mm gun asap, and do not upgrade to the 122mm.
  4. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    It's kinda been my inspiration to grind out the T32......if I'm lucky, I'll be done with it and have the M103 unlocked this time next week (2 week total grind).

I actually liked the 122 on that one, but to each his own.
  5. FPGT72

FPGT72 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thinking the same thing
  6. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    You guys would have to make 465,250 credits plus half the cost of the component upgrades before you would start turning a profit.
  7. Mambo Danny

Oddometer:
    I haven't played them all, so I've only seen the 704 in action... but I used to think the very same until I mistakenly went into a few battles with the 122mm that I took off, then put back on and forgot about. Now I'm not sure if either is 'better,' but I've been doing just fine with the 122. The 100mm snipes better, that's for sure.

That's still pretty respectable! With a full-camo crew and a camo net (perhaps binocs as well) I got by sorta fine with the 120 mm Gun T122 gun on the M103, by sniping from big distances, until I ground up to the 120 mm Gun M58. It wasn't perfect, and I would have won more with the big gun from the get-go, but it didn't seem to be at an all-out loss for dealing damage to enemies.
  8. timk519

timk519 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm always annoyed when I find myself up against one of those....
  9. MN_Smurf

MN_Smurf Capt_Confusion

Oddometer:
    I plan to free xp the T122 before I play the tank, then grind the rest. I'd have to reset my skills to get camo on the crew....not going to do that unless 1/2 price skill resets pop up soon. That crew is right at 80% on their second secondary, so I'd need to spend gold to do a reset. The points hit is just too big to do it any other way.

Unless I switched my spare TD crew over to it......:evil
  10. Mambo Danny

Oddometer:
    You may be fine with what you have, but by all means don't treat it as a brawling tank with the smaller guns. With the biggest gun... don't treat it as a brawling tank either, lol.
  11. Smithy

Smithy Avoiding the Skid-Demon

Oddometer:
    Does that include the sell-it-again-when-I'm-done factor?
  12. Mambo Danny

Oddometer:
    You'll sell it for what you buy it for if there is a sale, but there doesn't seem to be. SO you'll sell it for half of what you buy it for... so his number for just the tank seems correct.

Problem is, the E8 isn't a tank that does what it really needs to do with camo and binocs, so you're going to want to install some other items that will cost gold to remove, and silver to get if you don't have them sitting around - like a vent.
  13. janeuner

janeuner Get Some

Oddometer:
    I found the 122 to be inadequate at long range, equivalent at medium range, and superior at close range. That change costs 85k for the gun and 1k for each AP shell. Too me at least, the credit cost isn't worth it.
  14. SkidMarx

SkidMarx Long timer

Oddometer:
    Me too, but then I decided I drive something that kills E8s really well. :evil
    There are going to be a bunch of them out.
    I'm thinking Hellcat or KV1S.
    Might have to put the fast gun on the Hellcat though.
  15. Cat0020

Cat0020 El cheapo

Oddometer:
    <iframe src="http://www.ebaumsworld.com/media/embed/83045085" width="567" height="345" frameborder="0"></iframe>
  16. Mambo Danny

Oddometer:
    Cat, that video was cool, but if may be considered a 'snuff' video if there was a tank crew in it. I know I've posted a video of a motorcyclist who hit a truck, but I was reprimanded for it since they said it was a snuff video (there was every change the guy lived, and it was in some 3rd world country, so I'm not sure how they verified the guy died, but...) There is another modern video out that definitely has a crew dying in it, so I won't embed the video, but it can be found at YouTube's /watch?v=cluLF5zz2qw&noredirect=1

----------

My SU-122-44's

First

Battle

Ever

[​IMG]

Not even a 'good' crew. Two have semi-perks, the top two have no perks at all, and aren't 100%... I guess me having a driver at 100%, and with about 1/3'rd of the Clutch Braking perk, made all the difference.

Damage, you ask? Keep in mind this is a tier 7 tank, not a tier 8.

[​IMG]

No Gold rounds were used during the making of this film. But I was on my last regular round of ammo, and would have had to use Gold next. 3 rounds left:

[​IMG]

Down to the last round, but my kill was made.

[​IMG]

And here is the 122-44 down at the bottom with the questionable tanks that no-one likes to admit they played, or played poorly:

[​IMG]
  17. vwboomer

vwboomer Buffoon

Oddometer:

you are below40% overall, or with a certain tank? I think I am at 47% OA.
    which isnt great, bit i see a lot of the 'really good' players in the 52% range so I dont feel too bad.
    my survival rate is less though
  18. Big Bird 928

Big Bird 928 Long timer

Oddometer:
    First, Dang good game, I am not really surprised as it probably plays alot like the T-28 TD. I am really surprised the Churchill lived, and did decently well for being out tiered.

What is the hit log you have in the upper right?

Also, have you figured out what the issue is with the stack of numers next to your lag smiley face? I have the same thing going on and it annoyes the hell out of me.
  19. Mambo Danny

Oddometer:
    I'm not sure it plays like a T-28 TD. I've never owned one (I did, however, own a T-28 Prototype) but T-28's seem super slow, where-as this is a rocket ship. I know I hit over 40 kph on the flats, and am not sure what its top speeds are on flats or down hills. Also, the gun is inaccurate, so being slow and sitting back and sniping won't work with this TD... this TD is meant to be in their faces. Which, considering it has a low armor amount and no turret, requires that it gets put into dangerous situations far more often. I guess that's the balance - a good platform for its tier, but one in which the player has to possibly die early.

Thanks for the compliment on the good game - I'm sure I just got lucky.

The hit log, I believe, is a function of the XVM. I think it was Jason who helped me the hits to start showing, and to move it to that position. I like it now, but I really don't use that info throughout the battle.

And I have no clue what the dela is with the numbers going over each other, but I have a feeling it is due to Jimbo's reticule mod or XVM clashing with the most recent patch's numbers. It doesn't bother me since I don't use that info either. For my account, before those numbers started overlapping, nothing up there ever seemed to indicate I was incurring lag when I was actually incurring lag.
  20. Big Bird 928

Big Bird 928 Long timer

Oddometer:
    For some reason I though you had the non turreted version as well, and I did not realize the gun was that in-accurate on those, it always seemes that I am getting hit by them from a long ways away.