The little/light Camper Trailer Thread...

Discussion in 'Camping Toys' started by Jurgen, Mar 2, 2010.

1. djb_rh

djb_rh Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It's gorgeous inside and out, but man, $100k? No way. I've seen some VERY beautiful restored early small Airstreams in the $50k range and thought they were pretty crazy, but they are comparable in every way to one of these and still only half the price. *shrug*

--Donnie
  2. Ko

Ko Observant as never

Oddometer:
    Knock-offs will be cheaper...

Awesome trailer...but damn expensive... although we need to buy a second home (honey, can we live in a trailer?) :lol3

Ko
  3. Hodag

Hodag Native

Oddometer:
    bowlus are an awesome design
  4. Bokrijder

Bokrijder Soyez sans que peur

Oddometer:
    The extreme light weight coupled with what appears to be pretty hefty side surface area would concern me - I've driven in fierce gusting cross winds in the western states which would make me very nervous if towing the unit. Be a sad sight seeing $ 100 T lying on its side or over the bank.

Bokrijder
  5. TooFast

TooFast Long timer

Oddometer:
    Did he quote you any prices for the Vyrmeron Toyhaulers?
  6. SgtDuster

SgtDuster Long timer

Oddometer:
    The Wolf Pup looked to be the real thing but I don't like where the door is placed. I could live with it because every other features are spot on for my needs (or what I think my needs would be...).

Then I saw this: http://www.kz-rv.com/spree-escape-toy-hauler/index.html

I have no idea of the price but this thing is nice!
  7. JMann2380

JMann2380 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    And they look good carrying a bike!

[​IMG]
  8. bobfab

bobfab Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    just got back from New Mexico riding, heres a not great shot of the apache and the steeds :D

[​IMG]

This is turning out to be the best $1000 i have ever spent. It has extended camping season much longer! :freaky
  9. coop74

coop74 Deal's Gap Junkie

Oddometer:
    I think the dealer I bought mine from had those for sub 10k... everywhere else I looked they were mid 13k. The looked pretty good but it was still more weight and a bigger size then I wanted to pull around. Additionally I did not want water and bathroom as most of my camping friends complain the most about those two features.

PM if you want the company name.

Coop
  10. coop74

coop74 Deal's Gap Junkie

Oddometer:
    when I bought my cargolite extreme I think the Vymeron was about 13k but dont hold me to that. The dealer I got mine from in TN had great prices. Small family own business who are frequent campers too...
  11. djb_rh

djb_rh Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nope, never got back to me on anything after responding once to give me an email address I could send him a floorplan idea to.

--Donnie
  12. coop74

coop74 Deal's Gap Junkie

Oddometer:
    if you sent it to the microlite trailer folks I can tell you they are not good with emails. I have experienced that first hand and I think I commented on it earlier. The dealer in Michigan is affiliated with them more directly (I think he is a part of their organization) and he appears to be more modern on the use of email. They will however take a phone call and are really great folks. When I got mine my dealer said they were selling them as fast as they could build them and they are a small family company whose focus was on building them and getting them out the door.

I have no dog in the fight other then I love mine. It is a great quality product.

[​IMG]
  13. PA Slammer

PA Slammer I hate titles... Supporter

Oddometer:
    So I got an RV with a 30 amp plug and a trailer now with a 30 amp plug... Can't remember, but most campgrounds only have one 30 amp right? Or one 50 amp. Or one 50 and one 30. Not sure if I ever saw two 30 amp...

I saw a Y adapter plug that takes two 30 amp and combines them into a 50 amp. It costs like $110... for a plug... :huh

Options?

I was even thinking of just using my 30 amp to 15 amp adapter for the trailer since it doesn't use much electricity anyway.
  14. djb_rh

djb_rh Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It's not recommended, but you can have an electrician make a 30A Y. Neither of your CURRENT RVs are going to be pulling more than 15A each at any one time. There are RVs out there with two AC units and a 30A plug.

All that said, the kosher way is the 50A Y. But that means you have to have a 50A service, which doesn't always exist. I'd personally have no problem doing he 30A Y in your setup. But I'm not an electrician nor a lawyer. YMMV

--Donnie
  15. Hodag

Hodag Native

Oddometer:
    very nice
  16. drm

drm Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What is the FLA of your trailer? Do you have an outdoor plug on the RV that is rated for 15A?
    You could make a standard 120V plug adapter and plug your trailer into the RV.
  17. DireWolf

DireWolf Knees in the Breeze

Oddometer:
  18. PA Slammer

PA Slammer I hate titles... Supporter

Oddometer:
    "FLA"?

Regardless, I don't think I have an outside plug on the RV... good idea though.

PA Slammer
  19. seuadr

seuadr Wee-stromer

Oddometer:
    Full Load Amps - IE when EVERYTHING is turned on.
  20. hppyfngy

hppyfngy not dead yet

Oddometer:
    That's what I was thinking too. Easy to do.