Goggle Question

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by guns&coffee, Jan 28, 2013.

1. guns&coffee

guns&coffee Long timer

Oddometer:
    I haven't worn goggles since my racing days back in the 80's. Didn't have any fitment issues then, but now I'm trying to figure fit. I have a Shoei off-road helmet and a pair of Scott goggles. I'm not sure of the goggles model number. The trouble I'm having is that they press too much on my nose because they are too tall top to bottom. If I push my helmet back further than I wear my DS Shoei, they fit OK, then the helmet doesn't feel right. My question is this...do different manufacturers have different height goggles?
  2. tbarstow

tbarstow Two-wheelin' Fool Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yes, goggles are different heights. Take your lid to a shop and try on goggles with it.

I'll assume you have a Shoei Hornet, so the opening is small for goggles. I found that the Oakley sand goggles work.
  3. guns&coffee

guns&coffee Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yep, both helmets are Shoei. My newer pair of Scotts are the 83X. I did dig up an old pair of Scotts, but no idea what model. They fit better, but the elastic is kind of stretched out. I'll try the Oakleys. Thanks.
  4. Performance Cycle

Performance Cycle 303-744-2011

Oddometer:
    Try the Oakley O-Frames or the 100% goggles. Two of our employees here have the same complaint about most goggles (that they push on their noses) and they have worn both of the goggles I mentioned above and they are much better for them.