Dakar TV Coverage

Discussion in 'Racing' started by guns&coffee, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Michelangelo

Michelangelo 2 wheel rider...anytime..

Oddometer:
    Yes....where is any good coverage, even if a small video of the days' events?
    And when is the Dakar this year anyways?
  2. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:

THis year's dakar has already passed.
  3. Michelangelo

Michelangelo 2 wheel rider...anytime..

Oddometer:
    Ok well when is the next one?
  4. Flood

Flood F5lood.

Oddometer:
    Same procedure as every year, start is on Jan 1, then it runs for 2 weeks.
  5. doyle

doyle RallyRaidReview-ing

Oddometer:
    Looks like NBC bought Versus? I didn't know that. No listings for Dakar although their listings are dismal to begin with. I always recorded them but almost never watched the Versus version of the recording preferring the Eurosport feed.
  6. beechum1

Oddometer:
  7. Dread Pendragon

Dread Pendragon Tragic Donkey Throttler

Oddometer:

This is all I have now

http://tv.eurosport.co.uk/

and

http://www.sbs.com.au/dakar/

Right now the SBS site has last January's Dakar info up. Typically if you're following the main Dakar thread people will post links to the exact right page. It will be streaming, though, so if you miss it you can't pull up the video later.

I think the Dakar sight itself posts highlights for each day on their website that can be watched whenever, with separate videos for cars, trucks and bikes/atvs.
  8. beechum1

Oddometer:
    The eurosport feed didn't work last year in the us, so I had to use the mypremium link in one of my previous posts.
  9. Deco

Deco Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The Eurosport link did not work for me either. My theory is that VS had bought the rights to the Dakar coverage for our area from the ASO. We were being blocked from sites that were streaming video because of this agreement.

When the Tour de France was on, my experience was the same. I was blocked from live feeds of TDF coverage. I think they were blocking based on IP addresses. They were trying to force fans to buy their Internet package. It looked pretty cool, but I did not want to pay the $30 (I think that was the price). I found live pirate feeds on JustinTV. I have VS and would follow the coverage at home, but I was trying to find live feeds to sneak peaks while at work. I was assuming that I was not getting the Eurosport feeds of Dakar for the same reason.

That is just my theory. I know it is incomplete since I have not yet figured out what part of this conspiracy the black helicopters play. I am sure those of you with greater computer and black helicopter knowledge might be able to confirm this:evil
  10. shelden

shelden Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So the Versus channel is about to become the NBC sports channel on January 2nd 2012. This may be the reason there is no Dakar coverage in the US this year.
  11. hubilado

hubilado Motoquiero Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yes; VS >> NBC Sports

Go here to see schedule....it will be developed further as more information becomes available.
  12. e31

e31 n00b

Oddometer:
    I searched a number of places and have not seen any updated schedule yet.
  13. AltRoute

AltRoute AltRoute

Oddometer:
    your link did have this . . . .

<TABLE style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" class=TVRverdana8 border=1 cellSpacing=0 borderColor=#999999 cellPadding=2 width="100%" bgColor=#ffffff><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#009900 vAlign=top colSpan=4>Monday, January 2, 2012 All Times ET

</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#ffff99 vAlign=top width="27%">1:30pm-2:00pm
    As of today, VERSUS is now NBC Sports Network

</TD><TD bgColor=#ffff99 vAlign=top width="44%">2012 Dakar Rally

</TD><TD bgColor=#ffff99 vAlign=top width="20%">South America</TD><TD bgColor=#ffff99 width="9%">NBC SPORTS NETWORK

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
  14. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
    no sign of Dakar stuff on the NBC website.. please write them here so they know we are interested in more coverage daily here in the US..

Here is the address for Versus feedback.. nbcsportshelp@nbcuni.com

Flood their inbox so we dont have a chick taking us shopping or to the mine that had the disaster when we really want race coverage
  15. Lav1200

Lav1200 Pig Pen

Oddometer:
    is airing on the Destination Dakar and Dakar Road Book multiple times between Dec 27-30.
  16. Shocktower

Shocktower Long timer

Oddometer:

VS suck when it changed from OLN, NBC will probably not put it on and we will have to find a place I wish Velocity channel would do it :evil, they do have WRC :clap
  17. guns&coffee

guns&coffee Long timer

Oddometer:
    I would love to see the channel that does the outdoor MX show do Dakar. I think it's Fuel. ?
  18. DruncleWill

DruncleWill CRASH TESTED

Oddometer:
    Doubt they have the $$$. When I talked to Quinn Cody last Sunday, he was hopeful NBC was dumping enough into it to be worth watching. But after what they did with the Baja 1000, I'm not holding my breath.
  19. dakardood

dakardood Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Thanks for this - I've been checking the schedules here and there is no sign of Desination Dakar at all - they are very late with this this year, they normally have it once per week through all December, with a repeat also shown later the same week.
  20. Czechsix

Czechsix Slower than you....

Oddometer:
    I'm thinking we'll just have to get it off of the net, if it's worse coverage than last year, it's going to be too lame to watch on U.S. tv. I can only take so much.:ace