Pensacola area riders

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by XT Thumper, Mar 11, 2008.

1. waysherr

waysherr Behind Bars For Life

Oddometer:
  2. sallad

sallad Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'll be there on Sunday. Might see you around :freaky
  3. waysherr

waysherr Behind Bars For Life

Oddometer:

Skid, did you ever ride on the HUGE bark pile St. Regis had in the 70's......that was a blast!! I had a buddy that lived next door and he had a "hole" cut in the fence we could go through and get up on the pile. It was like enormous dunes with traction:clap
  4. rotorhead511

rotorhead511 Live and let live.

Oddometer:
    Skid, I'll take you up on that when you get back.

Will probably leave the bars on the bike for stability unless you think of is better.

Thanks
  5. Madhouse

Madhouse Semi-Goodlookin! Supporter

Oddometer:
    Yea that was fun.
    Dale Harris, Paul Kennedy, Keith Kolo and others use to frequent that place too!
    So much has changed.
    All the trails around Spring Lake,,,,,Quintete.

GONE.

If ONLY we could be selfish and not share our secret places.
    Might still be able to ride some of them.
    Over populate and closure.

6. artimus_maximus

artimus_maximus Long timer

Oddometer:
    Secret item purchased on Ebay for my Katoom, its in route... :evil
  7. Dr.Z

Dr.Z 6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer:

:y0!

Hmmm... a hack? never actually seen a KTM hack before, this will be great!
  8. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    Helmac drove from Tallahassee this morning to me with me FBM and Gimme for BlackWater at its best. After aobut 25 miles of some varried terrain, Helmac commented on his bike handling funny. Sor' nuf.... flat rear.

He limped back to pavement where, being the good ADVers we are - we abandoned him to his fate - waved "bon voiage" and ran another 30 miles. We did meet back up with him at the Karack and had lunch at Mickeys so all was good.

Halmac, Nice to finally meet and greet with you and hoped you enjoyed what you saw.

We'll have to venture over to Tally soon...

Weather was "ridin weather" for sure!!!
  9. skid=mark

skid=mark Likes it Slidewayz

Oddometer:

Nope never rode that-- We used to park off a paved to dirt road about 1/2 mile in off the Chumuckla Hwy behind a private airstrip. Later I used to park on Quintette and then wind the bike through the neighborhood that abutted the forest, and would cross a really small homemade 2x4 bridge through a creek/swamp.

I am pretty sure I logged some 50-70 mile days and I don't think we rode the same loops twice. I heard there was close 100 miles of trail out there at one time--that's probably counting the connecting dirt roads...

I really liked all of the Quintette/Chumuckla riding area. Most of the guys I ran into out there were pretty fast. I rode with several flight students and flight instructors but the guy that I mostly rode with was a Chief Petty Officer stationed at Whiting Field and was a AA rider from out west.

He didn't really like the "tight ass piney f'n woods" that we have down here but taught me how to navigate the damn sandy turns out there. Great memories of spankin' the young guns that rode out there too. 'Course me and George would be dead ass tired afterwords but it was worth it!! :lol3
  10. Woods Rider

Woods Rider X-Crazed Racing Fool

Oddometer:
    :rofl
    FBM you say?

I thought he moved away or something. I left him a v/m last week about riding.....:rofl
  11. Woods Rider

Woods Rider X-Crazed Racing Fool

Oddometer:
    Yeah we had some awesome secret places too but we got too excited about sharing them. Vic and I decided to run a TT and that one mistae single handedly brought on the end of one of them..lol!

We had fun though..
  12. skid=mark

skid=mark Likes it Slidewayz

Oddometer:
    Yo Vic! Who the frick is "FBM"??? Another F'n new guy/girl??? Female Bike Master? Fat Bald Man?? Full Body Massage? Is that guy that used ride the Zongshen or SUKUHO dirt bike? It was some kinda import m/c...
  13. jmoore774

jmoore774 VOR - Black Beauties

Oddometer:
    Wayne, I rode those bark piles back in the day too. You were there if I remember correctly:stoned.

Originally Posted by skid=mark [​IMG]
    Just don't let Waysherr alone with your bike.

You guy's need to watch out for him - He likes to nut rub things that are not his.:viking
  14. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    Damn Jim I forgot you rode a VOR. Been getting a lot of time on the POG thread...
  15. halmc

halmc Turkey T*urd

Oddometer:
    Tallahassee, Florida -- home of good ideas
    Yes, a rather inauspicious debut into the P'cola riding community for me. Aye, but the company and riding were excellent. My abandonment was a gentleman's abandonment, replete as it was with offers of assistance and an alternative rescue plan should I not be found back at the truck. Which I was after a precarious flat tire ride first outa the woods, then about four miles up 189.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    All that said, it was a bit annoying to spend more than six hours in my car for about one on my bike! But such is the fickle finger of fate, especially when it comes to m/c tires.
    <o:p></o:p>
    I did journey down to the AF office to fetch me an Eglin pass, having benefitted from the video and having parted with $6. Tee-hee: Senior Citizen half price.
    Thanks, gents, for the brisk 24 mile ride, I&#8217;ll be back for more. In the meantime, the ANF is my playground (and that of many others) and I should be honored to show y&#8217;all its many delights. During the week, or on any w/e.
  16. Buzztail

Buzztail Buzztopian OG Supporter

Oddometer:
    You saw a hack ride one though
    [​IMG]
  17. jmoore774

Oddometer:
    Vic, it's John. But I'll answer to almost anything, except Jim. That's my brother.
    I like the VOR's. They are more capable than what I'll ever want to do on them.:huh
  18. jmoore774

Oddometer:
    Penton Owners Group? I've done my share of lurking there. Vast amounts of info and knowledge there.
    I'm almost done with a '72 JackPiner 175, then my '73 Six-Days is next. Just finished a '83 KDX200 to go
    with my '80 KDX175. Wayne came over this afternoon to give me his approval on everything. Such a nice guy.
    I did make sure he didn't get out of my sight so no violations could occur to any of my bikes or pets.:rofl
  19. Madhouse

Madhouse Semi-Goodlookin! Supporter

Oddometer:
    I went along with Robdirt and Nanohicup a couple years ago. Wasn't blown away with the route because of so much recent pavement but still had a good time and was glad I went.

Seems Sam Carraro has changed it up a bit since then and I'd like to give it a go again.
    He's created 3 trips. The Trans American Trail. Shadow of the Rocky's and Mississippi Hill Country.

http://www.transamtrail.com/

If anybody else is interested, let it be known. I'll order the north/south routes (507 miles total) and we'll figure out a date to do it sometime in the future.

:ear
  20. Vico1

Vico1 The Maestro

Oddometer:
    John,

Sorry about the name change!

The POG is Panhandle Old Guys...

Althought I will have a look at the Penton Owners Group (are they ADV?)

I had a 100cc when they first came out (green and white steel tank) and then some years later I had a 250 Penton (red and white wiht KTM fanhead)...

Long since gone....