Note to self:

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by coppertop, Oct 30, 2008.

1. tsitmeer

tsitmeer Adventurer

Oddometer:
    this isnt mine i found it on www.fmylife.com

Today my husband decided to drain his motorcycle oil into an empty bottle of laundry detergent. Also today, i decided to lift a stain out of my white comforter with some detergent i found in the garage...
  2. Transalp Jas

Transalp Jas Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My wife would kill me. Slowly.
  3. blackcap

blackcap Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    theres really no feeling like the two ends of a joint sliding slowly over and around each other, grinding anything inbetween and then snapping back to their original position like nothing ever happened.

ill never try to convince someone that im not an idiot, but the best part about this place is that at least you know your not alone :D
  4. KLboxeR

KLboxeR Yeah, I ride a Harley. So what?

Oddometer:
    :nod

If my life can serve as an example to others, it all won't have been in vain.

Stupid hurts.

:lol3
  5. BWJ

BWJ ninja lurker

Oddometer:
    been there done that...lol
  6. trailrider383

trailrider383 867-5309

Oddometer:
    When installing motorcycle wheel hub bearings, make sure you put the spacer in the hub before installing the last bearing. Or you may use profanity. :lol3
  7. Jamming

Jamming Texas Bound

Oddometer:
    When teaching 18 year old Son how to change oil in pickup be SURE he knows to put oil drain pan UNDER the drain plug. Or, you then get to teach him the finer points of removing oil stains from garage floor. :lol3

Did it yesterday.......:wink:
  8. Mercury264

Mercury264 Once you go Triple...

Oddometer:
    I may or may not have done that....:clap

:lol3
  9. spqr

spqr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    When trying out your brand new whisper light stove, ensure you know which way to turn the valve off. The 'soccar ball' sized flame can becume a beach ball sized flame, with the fuel bottle inside it.http://s3.amazonaws.com/advrider/kboom.gif

Lucky for me I had a pair of nomex gloves nearby. Even more lucky was that it died down before the GF http://s3.amazonaws.com/advrider/pepsweetie.gif found the halon fire extinguisher. http://s3.amazonaws.com/advrider/Annie.gif

And don't field test the stove near the lubricants and flammables section of your garage. I sometimes wonder how I managed to make it to this age without more scars.:annie
  10. Jamming

Jamming Texas Bound

Oddometer:
    Brother your preaching to the choir here :lol3 . This whole thread is full of "hold my beer and watch this" types :evil
  11. Cpt. Ron

Cpt. Ron Advrider #128

Oddometer:
    Do not use the Uni foam filter cleaner spray on your air filter in the shop sink when said shop sink is right next to your gas-fired hot water heater. :deal

Uni air filters will burn like a candle even after the fireball dissipates. :huh
  12. Sugar Pig

Sugar Pig almost certain...

Oddometer:
    Yesterday:lol3

13. pennswoodsed

pennswoodsed lizards,bugs and me

Oddometer:
    DO NOT DEEP FRY WITH OUT PANTS!!!!!! :cry :huh damhik !
  14. spqr

spqr Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Are we talking without ANY pants... because that could lead to all sorts of embarassing emergency room stories...
  15. DirtMerchant

DirtMerchant Long timer

Oddometer:
    Replace the oil fill plug before starting the bike after an oil change. It is amazing how much oil an LC4 engine can blow out in just a few seconds.

When flushing the coolant out of a hot bike by removing the radiator hose be sure to loosen the radiator cap BEFORE loosing the hose clamp on Ole' Faithful...

NEVER, and I mean NEVER hold a thin piece of sheet metal while drilling towards your hand. It didn't go all the way through but almost. I poured hydrogen peroxide into my cupped hand and it made a sucking sound as it was pulled into the wound.

NEVER, and I mean NEVER EVER put a freshly cleaned roller bearing onto your index and middle fingers and then spin it up with compressed air. When the bearing comes apart you have at least a 50/50 chance of it imbedding into your knuckles; at least I did.:cry
  16. dirty_sanchez

dirty_sanchez Dirty_Sanchez

Oddometer:
    Don't fry bacon naked either.

Dirty
  17. dirty_sanchez

dirty_sanchez Dirty_Sanchez

Oddometer:
    NEVER spin a new bearing with shop air just to see how it feels/sounds if you want the bearing to have a long happy useful life.

Just ask any bearing salesman worth his salt.

Dirty
  18. ekkemu

ekkemu Adventurer

Oddometer:
    When you use handlebar risers on your bike, ALWAYS use A LOT of Loctite on the screws that hold them.

I have risers on two bikes (different brand of risers, bikes are WR 426 and XT 600) and both of them got loose... WHILE RIDING!
  19. MiamiMotorcyclist

MiamiMotorcyclist used to be -MiamiUly

Oddometer:
    When sitting on your bike in the garage feeling the difference in the ride height adjustment that you just made, do not start playing with the GPS in it's new spot on the bars.
    If you do, be sure to remember that you put the side stand up when you got on the bike.

Damn that was close, good thing she is light.:eek1

An earned drop is one thing on a dual sport but that would have been really dumb. At least it was falling towards the van and not my sport bike.
    That would have sucked doubly.
  20. AnnieGS

AnnieGS Namasté, bitches!

Oddometer:
    If you flood your DRZ after completing some carb work and pulling the plug to help it dry out, don't lean in too close when you turn over the engine to clear her out or you may encounter your own hydrolock eyewash. :baldy