Butler Maps & Rever - motorcycle maps & app for riders by riders

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by eakins, Jul 10, 2010.

1. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    we now a new free shipping code: advrider
    it's valid for 2-3(max) maps
    thanks for your support!
  2. Pcfly

Pcfly Dude?! Seriously?? Supporter

Oddometer:
  3. Time Traveller

Time Traveller Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Got my map and dvd today. Nice, like very nice. This is my first exposure to Butler Maps and I like what they have done. I look forward to the Oregon and northern California maps, AND some good weather to explore the WABDR!

Steve
  4. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    thanks!
    enjoy the WABDR.
    :jkam there's some sun.
  5. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
  6. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    reprint from the wabdr thread about ScanLife technology coming to our maps.

"Also, another interesting feature, is the "Scanlife" 2D bar codes that you can scan with your smartphone, and it will take you to more info on that section of the trail, including Youtube! I loaded the Scanlife app right there at TT. Pretty cool. "
  7. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
  8. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    Press release on QR/Scanlife codes:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Butler Motorcycle Maps Merges Print and Digital Media

Eagle, CO - Feb 2011

You can’t replace a paper map with a digital GPS, nor can you rely completely on technology to get you where you’re going. You can however combine the two and get the best of both worlds. This is exactly what Butler Maps has done on their latest maps. QR codes are now the link between the reliability of a paper map and the information rich connect-ability of the Internet.

QR codes are small, printed images that allow riders to use their cell phone camera to scan and instantly link from the map to digital content - for free! Want to know what a certain road looks like? Scan a code and watch video of a rider on the road in question. Need a place to stay? Scan the sleep code and open to a list of B&Bs, hotels and motels in your area. Looking for an event or biker gathering? Scan the event code and plan your weekend based on the motorcycle happenings in your area. The content behind each code is constantly changing and updating, which means every time you scan a code you know your getting up to date and accurate information. “We are trying to stay ahead of the curve, be innovators, not followers. This new feature allows for so much information to be accessible directly from your hand held on the side of the road, that’s something nobody else in our industry is doing,” says Justin Bradshaw of Butler Maps.

Though new to the mapping scene, Butler Maps has quickly become the standard for riders looking to plan the best possible rides. QR technology opens a whole new potential, making paper maps not just a thing of the past but a tool for the future.

For more information regarding Butler Maps, contact Justin Bradshaw at (970) 390-6621 or by email, justin@butlermaps.com

#########
  9. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    Muddy road, old bike. Butler Maps rides all the bad roads so you dont have to. Head right to the goods and avoid the mess. Unless of course your into that!

http://vimeo.com/11124091
  10. dvwalker

dvwalker Lets go

Oddometer:
    Received my WABDR map today and the quality is top shelf, Butler far exceeded my expectations

Now very much looking forward to the western (small) DS map.

thanks
  11. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    cool. thanks!
  12. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    WABDR dvd & maps are shipping today.
    we just got the dvds.
    thanks and enjoy everyone!
  13. siyeh

siyeh unproductive Supporter

Oddometer:
    Man that was quick! Since I don't do the Paypal thing, I asked my son to do it. So, Sunday night he did and the maps were here today!

[​IMG]

These look outstanding. I see you have my favorite Montana roads "yellow". :clap :clap

As as added bonus, each map has a motorcycle shop directory. Very cool, thanks.
  14. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    nice spread!
    thanks and enjoy the ride.

15. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
  16. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    From a riders point of view, WHY you need a butler map.

Local knowledge without being a local
    Because you want to ride the roads, not spend countless hours on the internet learning where to find them
    A map shows you A-B, a BM shows you the best motorcycle experiences.
    So you NEVER have to ride past a road and wonder
    Because not everybody has years to stumble across the hidden gems that are not found in any blog or magazine
    Because a map screen never cracked our ran out of batteries
    Because your 8.00 gas station map falls apart with in hours of folding it into submission to fit in your tank bag.
    Because you 8:00 map desinigrates with in minutes of opening it in a light rain storm
    A Butler Map is built to last..
    Because if its highlighted on the map its a good ride. PERIOD, we know this because we have ridden every single mile personally. No other company has the first hand knowledge of roads like we do. We have ridden over 150k miles in the western states alone just to gather the info
    With the Iphone app, GPS download and paper map, you have the most comprehensive information data base available to motorcyclists anywhere.
    Because is not about the destination its about the journey
    Because BM is innovative and groundbreaking, bringing the digital world (QR) into the paper world giving users access to more then just roads, but the best places to eat, drink, sleep and gather.
    Because our maps are cool. ( sound corny but we are, and we want to stay that way)

:thumb
  17. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    The Texas Hill Country Map is getting closer!
    color = a great road.

[​IMG]
  18. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    Here's a pic of what we currently offer:
    ...it's been a long road to this point. :lol3

[​IMG]
  19. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    Here is some technical info i received on how exactly our maps are layered together.

Allen Cartography (Benchmark Maps http://www.benchmarkmaps.com/ ) is doing the cartography. They do beautiful work! http://www.allancartography.com/ They are doing the maps for National Geographic & Raven Maps http://www.ravenmaps.com/
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

National Elevation Dataset (NED) for the terrain shading.

A combination of National Transportation Atlas Database (NTAD) and Open Street Maps for the highways and roads.

Geographic Names Information System (GNIS) for city names, physical feature names and elevations.
  20. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
    the THC map is now going to include dirt road detail!!!
    the map is rated for paved roads but will have road info for the adv/ds crowd.